ADB on Wolves attacking another Legion - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 08:23 PM
Bane of Empires
 
Child-of-the-Emperor's Avatar
Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: England
Posts: 5,131
Reputation: 19
Default

Assuming it is the World Eaters, and assuming an actual battle was fought between them and the Wolves, it does seem to pose an issue with the seemingly unshakable belief (pre-Heresy) that Astartes Vs Astartes combat was a near-impossibility. Of course we know that was an incredibly naive view anyway, but it was one that was widespread regardless. Even in spite of events such as the VIII Legion's pre-Heresy exile which involved the killing of at least a handful of III and VII Legion Astartes, assassins being employed against Astartes pre-Heresy, etc.

Though having said that, I have complete faith that AD-B will be able to reconcile that. After all, we don't have enough information to make judgements as of yet. The fact that the quote implies the Wolves didn't enter the information into Imperial records may go a way to solve this issue anyway.

Again, assuming this is about the World Eaters, it really shows how Aaron fleshes out the Legions he deals with. He has already revolutionised the Word Bearers and Night Lords via his seperate portrayals of them, and via the remarkable events he has the Legions involved in. I am really looking forward to Betrayer.



Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).

Last edited by Child-of-the-Emperor; 09-07-12 at 08:31 PM.
Child-of-the-Emperor is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 08:38 PM
Member
 
Freakytah's Avatar
Freakytah's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 84
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VixusKragov View Post
Always nice to have the author themselves on the forum to clear things up
When I first read ADB's post I was like "how the f do you know?!" Then I saw who said it and told myself to shutup.

Freakytah is offline  
post #23 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Words_of_Truth's Avatar
Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Birmingham, England
Posts: 7,003
Reputation: 30
Default

I altered the title since it turns out to be misleading.

It's a shame it's not on about a lost legion but still interesting.
Words_of_Truth is offline  
 
post #24 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 09:09 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin
 
gen.ahab's Avatar
gen.ahab's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ivins, Utah, USA
Posts: 7,044
Reputation: 17
Default

Does this mean the Wolves just took it on themselves to put another legion in their place? Surely if the sanction were ordered by the Emperor whoever was being cleansed or being eaten with the naughty stick would have been kicked from the club, right? If they had gone so far as to move aggressively against the Emperor's forces, assuming the Wolves were sent by the Emperor, than it seems to be that there would be no way for whoever was being sanctioned to reconcile with the Imperium. This just seems wonky to me.

Maybe this is just a case of the World Eaters going ape shit and the Wolves trying to hold them back? Maybe they simply didn't want to commit the forces it would have taken to bring the World Eaters into line, if they were even capable of it.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.

Last edited by gen.ahab; 09-07-12 at 09:11 PM.
gen.ahab is offline  
post #25 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 09:11 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
 
Tawa's Avatar
Tawa's Flag is: Scotland
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cheshire, UK
Posts: 8,723
Reputation: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakytah View Post
When I first read ADB's post I was like "how the f do you know?!" Then I saw who said it and told myself to shutup.
I only just twigged on myself......


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Tawa is offline  
post #26 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 09:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Dead.Blue.Clown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 456
Reputation: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
Does this mean the Wolves just took it on themselves to put another legion in their place?
They already have once.

EMPEROR: Arrest Magnus. Just bring your brother to me.

RUSS: Okay.

HORUS: Actually, kill Magnus and his Legion.

RUSS: Oh, okay.
Dead.Blue.Clown is offline  
post #27 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 09:50 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin
 
gen.ahab's Avatar
gen.ahab's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ivins, Utah, USA
Posts: 7,044
Reputation: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead.Blue.Clown View Post
They already have once.

EMPEROR: Arrest Magnus. Just bring your brother to me.

RUSS: Okay.

HORUS: Actually, kill Magnus and his Legion.

RUSS: Oh, okay.
True enough, but they didn't just go at it without a superior ordering it. Horus was the warmaster, so following it wouldn't be the same as Russ simply saying "fuck it, the red smurfclops dies." If they did that it would just strike me as odd. Not entirely out of the question, they're still the Wolves after all, but odd none the less.

That being said, I have no idea what you are doing with your book, so I'm not going to take a dump on it. I'm just saying that if that were the case it would seem weird to me. Just my opinion, however little it is worth.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
gen.ahab is offline  
post #28 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 09:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Dead.Blue.Clown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 456
Reputation: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
True enough, but they didn't just go at it without a superior ordering it. Horus was the warmaster, so following it wouldn't be the same as Russ simply saying "fuck it, the red smurfclops dies." If they did that it would just strike me as odd. Not entirely out of the question, they're still the Wolves after all, but odd none the less.

That being said, I have no idea what you are doing with your book, so I'm not going to take a dump on it. I'm just saying that if that were the case it would seem weird to me. Just my opinion, however little it is worth.
In fairness, it seems much weirder to wide swathes of the fanbase that one Legion could ever genuinely consider itself the "executioner" Legion.

A lot of the evidence points to that claim being self-appointed, rather than mandated by the Emperor.
Dead.Blue.Clown is offline  
post #29 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 10:01 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin
 
gen.ahab's Avatar
gen.ahab's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ivins, Utah, USA
Posts: 7,044
Reputation: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead.Blue.Clown View Post
In fairness, it seems much weirder to wide swathes of the fanbase that one Legion could ever genuinely consider itself the "executioner" Legion.

A lot of the evidence points to that claim being self-appointed, rather than mandated by the Emperor.
That may very well be true, and it probably is, but I'm not not arguing the validity of the claim or how deserving they are of the title. I'm simply stating that I would find it odd if it turned out that a legion took it upon themselves, without any input from the Emperor, to sanction another legion.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
gen.ahab is offline  
post #30 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 10:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Dead.Blue.Clown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 456
Reputation: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
That may very well be true, and it probably is, but I'm not not arguing the validity of the claim or how deserving they are of the title. I'm simply stating that I would find it odd if it turned out that a legion took it upon themselves, without any input from the Emperor, to sanction another legion.
Oh! Yeah, for really reals. I concur.
Dead.Blue.Clown is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome