The Primarchs - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-15-12, 10:53 PM

SoulGazer's Flag is: USA

If I had to guess, I'd say Alpharius is very intently trying to carry out the original plan of "Make Horus win, destroy Chaos, ????, Profit!" while Omegon is having second thoughts and trying to see if there is another way to win the war.

Of course, this could just be the mindset of the Alpha Legion so ingrained into them that they just don't know they're "striking from multiple ways" in that Alpharius is trying to win one way and Omegon is trying to win another way but neither of them really trusts the other enough to speak about it. Chaos is screwing with these guys too, it seems.

I wonder if at some point Alpharius tries so hard to destroy Chaos that he accidentally ends up "joining" them, or at least doing what they want, whereas Omegon is trying to help the Imperium and so remains "loyal."

EA: The pattern has repeated itself more times than you can fathom. Game companies rise, evolve, advance, and at the apex of their glory, they are extinguished. Bioware was not the first. By utilizing our funding, game companies develop along the paths we desire. They exist because we allow it, and will end because we demand it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-17-12, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Drinker of tea...

TheReverend's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tywin Lannister View Post
Ok can someone please explain to a stupid person - me - what the deal is with Alpharius and Omegon in The Serpent Beneath? Is Omegon trying to help the loyalists by letting the White Scars find out what is going on, or does he think Alpharius is helping the loyalists? Or have I completely missed the point?
[/Spoiler]
I think Omegon his helping the loyalists. Destroying the array will allow the White Scars to get to terra. But on teh flip side, the antenna was ensuring warp space was clear in that area and that communication was good, so he's destroyed a great piece of technology that could have been used for teh betterment of mankind... who is on whose side is yet to become clear I guess.
post #63 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 02:25 AM

SPOILERS*****

I mean, how badass was the Lion in his book??? I never really liked his personality, tho I am in the minority in liking the dark angel books. Previously he had great moments with plunging his sword into Curze and then dominating the Sons of Horus but his ripping through the ship with dual blades and his domination of the Lord of Change were just so badass! Also, his revealed un questioned loyalty to the Emporer at the end was awesome. All of this despite that I hated seeing Brother Nemiel beheaded lol

post #64 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 09:00 AM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Nemiel being beheaded was stupid, but I guess it'll play into the reason why Zachariel turns.
post #65 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 09:39 AM

Sacred Feth's Flag is: Scotland

I've only read Reflection Crack'd so far and I found it extremely tedious and pretty senseless. I liked the tragic ending of Fulgrim and McNeill has completely robbed all meaning from that.
post #66 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 11:12 AM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Did anyone else noticed the appearence yet again by the order of the Dragon in one of Gavs books? First they appeared in Delvierence Lost, and I suspected they to be a Chaos cult within the Dark Mechanicus which worshipped the Void Dragon, but now, after reading their insignia, "a dragon which chases and bites its own tail". Isn't that like the mark of Thousand Sons post-heresy? I think they might be a radical Tzeentch supporting cult.
post #67 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkmaster View Post
Did anyone else noticed the appearence yet again by the order of the Dragon in one of Gavs books? First they appeared in Delvierence Lost, and I suspected they to be a Chaos cult within the Dark Mechanicus which worshipped the Void Dragon, but now, after reading their insignia, "a dragon which chases and bites its own tail". Isn't that like the mark of Thousand Sons post-heresy? I think they might be a radical Tzeentch supporting cult.
Yea, I am hoping it keeps expanding and/or tieing in stuff from Mechanicum, particularly the dragon of mars. There is a ncie thread going on in the fluff forum about this right now.
post #68 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-05-12, 03:19 PM

Still reading the 'Primarchs", I read the Iron Hand story. I can see why the Iron Hand culture can be it's own draw back.

The Iron Hand focus allot on strength. Ferrus Manus is all about going the direct way in winning. He does have the ability to strategies but is too stubborn to do other wise. Which can be a draw back in showing inflexibility but as the Iron Hand mantra is the "flesh is weak".

I'm surprise the Iron hand is still around post heresy . You would think with that single mindedness that their own way of thinking will undo them. I can picture the Alpha Legion running circles around the Iron Hand.

In defense of Ferrus Manus I think it's like some warrior culture focus solely on brute strength to win. I know that many readers may not like Ferrus Manus but I can see why Ferrus will disagree with Fulgrim . Ferrus for all his simple mindedness knows what is right and wrong. This is his strength but also his inflexibility.

I wish there can be more of Ferrus Manus .
post #69 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-06-12, 10:19 AM

Brother Subtle's Flag is: Australia

Had my own thread but I'll just merge it into this one. I still have a nagging question from
TSB.

From my old thread:
"Q2. In Omega. Omegon looks at his 'other' suit. What's the significance of this plain and unassuming set of armour? I think it was supposed to be a real 'holy s**t!' moment but the sound of a 2 year old screaming herself to sleep dulled the problem solving section of my brain. Anyone care to explain this to a tired father of 2?"

The Rev gave a good answer:

" this just re-states the fact that Alpharius and Omegon have different sets of armour so they can blend in with their troops. I guess this implys they also have a ceremonial set for when they need to stand out, or when one of their doubles needs to appear to be them..."

But expanding upon this I re-read the ending and...

1. His ceremonial plate was resting against the cell door.
2. His operational suit (regular AL issue) was in his arming cabinet.
3. His other suit is resting next to the cabinet, under a shroud (hidden?). To quote "to the casual eye, it was plain and unadorned".

To re-iterate. What is this mysterious 3rd suit? Rob write it in a way that the significance of this suit is very important. I just can't work out what it is and why?

Why has no one picked up on this yet?

post #70 of 73 (permalink) Old 07-06-12, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I think Omegon his helping the loyalists. Destroying the array will allow the White Scars to get to terra. But on teh flip side, the antenna was ensuring warp space was clear in that area and that communication was good, so he's destroyed a great piece of technology that could have been used for teh betterment of mankind... who is on whose side is yet to become clear I guess.

It could be viewed that Omegon is actually siding with Chaos and the Imperium's destruction due to the fact he is helping the White Scars thus helping the Emporer's victory. As shown in Legion, this vitory would lead to the Imperium's destruction. If Alpharius is actually the loyal one (because he is sticking to the original plan) this could also mean that Guilliman kills the loyal twin in the future and is why the Alpha Legion is all Chaosy in 40k...

Haha..its really impossible to tell who is loyal, but we certainly know they are on opposing sides.

Last edited by theurge33; 07-06-12 at 12:41 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode