Legion General Question: No Spoilers please - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-08, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

TrentLanthier's Flag is: Canada

Default Legion General Question: No Spoilers please

I posted this in another spot (In the wrong spot actually)

I'm reading Legion and I'm on page 67 and I'm completely lost, I know nothing of Alpha Legion other than they have the Symbol of the Hydra and they are in the Dawn of War games.

I'm confused every time I'm reading I have no idea who these Geno's are, and I'm confused constantly if I'm reading about the Alien race they're trying to take over or if I'm reading about some mutant race of humans that the Emperor based the Space Marines on.

Does this book ever make sense? Is it purposely written to be confusing or is my lack of knowledge of Alpha Legion History causing the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-08, 02:48 AM

Alpha Legion is NOT from Dawn of War, thats Blood Angels

It is written so basicly (till the end) all you know is there are space marines in it They are supposed to be a SUPER secret chapter. They are on a planet before the inhabitants know.

The geno's are a "lost" colony of Terra from before the warp storms that stopped space travel. Then in those many generations (forgot the approx amount) the Imperium goes out trying to bring in those lost humans. But on this particular planet they do not welcome the Imperium or any others, but the Imperium is set to bring them all into the fold . . . creating war . . .
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-08, 03:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
Alpha Legion is NOT from Dawn of War, thats Blood Angels
I thought the Chaos in the Game (I have all the expansions but I'd be at a loss to say which one brought in Chaos) was Alpha Legion.. maybe I'm wrong lord knows it happens so much ;)

Thanks I was getting discouraged I didn't want to look too much on the net incase I found something that totally destroyed the book.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-08, 03:44 AM

Ooooooo for chaos . . . right . . . i dont know about that then.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-13-08, 03:49 AM
Senior Moderator

First, the Alpha Legion are the chaos enemy of the first dawn of war game/novel; and the space marines of the novel are the Blood Ravens not Blood Angels

In dark crusade (not sure about winter assault or soulstorm) the chaos marine legion shifts from being the Alpha Legion to the Word Bearers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentLanthier View Post
I'm confused every time I'm reading I have no idea who these Geno's are,
The geno two five (I believe thats the numbers for them) are one of the human armies of the Imperium during the great crusade. One of the groups not disbanded after the unification wars the Emperor started to unite Terra prior to the great crusade. (They are an element of the imperial army.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentLanthier View Post
Does this book ever make sense? Is it purposely written to be confusing or is my lack of knowledge of Alpha Legion History causing the problem.
It start to make more sense the further in you go, but some things about the Alpha Legion are more helpful to know before reading. (Like the name of their primarch, and the fighting style of the alpha legion, since that has not changed in ten thousand years.)

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this

Last edited by darkreever; 05-13-08 at 03:52 AM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-08, 09:54 PM

http://uk.games-workshop.com/chaossp...s/alphalegion/

^An old snippet with general AL fluff. No spoilers or references towards "Legion".
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-08, 03:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
In dark crusade (not sure about winter assault or soulstorm) the chaos marine legion shifts from being the Alpha Legion to the Word Bearers.
I just confirmed in Soulstorm its Alpha Legion again.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-08, 03:48 AM

In the game tho the color scheme seems completely off
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-08, 04:07 AM Thread Starter

Possibly but the the main building has the Hydra and when I took out the IG it said Alpha Legion in the text after taking out an Army capital.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-08, 04:43 AM

It is Alpha, but (at least in soulstorm) the color schemes are off

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode