Primarchs' Anthology - less 1 Primarch - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Black Library Fiction Here is where you can discuss your favourite Black Library publications and graphic novels. If it's published by Black Library it goes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-28-11, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3N0N26 View Post
I really think its time to shed more light on Mortarion, Jaghatai Khan, Vulkan and Ferrus, they've had next to no love in HH so far :/
yes...we really don't need more Fulgrim and Curze

those two have been explored amply, time for some other primarchs to receive the spotlight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-28-11, 05:23 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontytheMighty View Post

those two have been explored amply, time for some other primarchs to receive the spotlight
Indeed, we're getting Corax in Deliverance Lost. But the Khan, Ferrus, Mortatrion, Perturabo and (perhaps to a lesser extent after Promethan Sun) Vulkan are all still woefully unexplored.
post #23 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-28-11, 06:31 PM

Quote:

Curze? Explored amply where? He's one of the least-mentioned primarchs in the Heresy. Practically all the requests I get are emails and messages asking for him and the Night Lords to get some Horus Heresy screen time.

In a book with Ferrus Manus and the Lion, who've both received much more time and attention than Curze, it's Curze you're objecting to? But... why?

Even if I'd rather it was a few primarchs we've seen nothing of so far, even I have to admit it's overdue that Curze got some time in the spotlight.

post #24 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-28-11, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead.Blue.Clown View Post
Curze? Explored amply where? He's one of the least-mentioned primarchs in the Heresy. Practically all the requests I get are emails and messages asking for him and the Night Lords to get some Horus Heresy screen time.
mainly from NL fans I'd wager

Quote:
In a book with Ferrus Manus and the Lion, who've both received much more time and attention than Curze, it's Curze you're objecting to? But... why?
you're right...I've had enough of those primarchs, Curze included
the primarchs anthology could've been a great opportunity to explore truly neglected primarchs such as Khan, Mortarion, and Perturabo

compared to the above primarchs, Curze has been amply explored in Lightning Tower/Dark King and all the flashback scenes in the NL series
heck, Curze has been more explored than Guilliman
ironically, there has been almost no BL material dealing directly with the primarch of the poster-boy legion

Last edited by MontytheMighty; 11-28-11 at 07:32 PM.
post #25 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-28-11, 09:10 PM

Quote:
mainly from NL fans I'd wager

you're right...I've had enough of those primarchs, Curze included
the primarchs anthology could've been a great opportunity to explore truly neglected primarchs such as Khan, Mortarion, and Perturabo

compared to the above primarchs, Curze has been amply explored in Lightning Tower/Dark King and all the flashback scenes in the NL series
heck, Curze has been more explored than Guilliman
ironically, there has been almost no BL material dealing directly with the primarch of the poster-boy legion
I'm not saying there aren't any primarchs explored less. I agree several deserve more screen time. But to object to one that's had almost none at all seems odd. Vague mentions in a non-HH series aren't something everyone will know, which leaves Curze having an audio drama several years ago, and very briefly featuring in a short story - and one chapter of a novel - always from other characters' points of view.

All the people saying they want to see Curze have a very valid point, whether they're Night Lord fans or not. It's not suddenly invalid if all the people asking for Sanguinius are Blood Angel fans, as if a fan of one thing is somehow unable to like anything else, or their opinion is void for wanting to see something in the series. We know next to nothing about Curze or his Legion in the Heresy, as we've seen next to none of them.

Like I said, I agree that several other primarchs need some airtime, but objecting to Curze and not objecting to the Lion or Ferrus Manus seems pretty pointless. If you don't like a character, sure, just admit that. But don't say you're sick of him because he's been explored so much, when he's barely been mentioned in the series at all.

The Lion has had two novels, a short story, and is getting a novella in The Primarchs. And Ferrus Manus was a major character in Fulgrim, also getting into The Primarchs. You didn't object to them, which is why specifically complaining about a character with less air time than either of those is a bit odd.

Comparing Curze's amount of screentime to Guilliman is also kinda weird, seeing as one of the very next HH novels has Guilliman on the cover, and is essentially his major story in the Heresy.

Incidentally, the team get a lot of feedback from many angles, and Curze (and a Night Lords HH novel) is always one of the ones people clamour for.
post #26 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-28-11, 09:50 PM

increaso's Flag is: England

I think with Curze we already feel that we know a lot about him. I have yet to read the Night Lords series, but still think I have a good feel for Curze from the background material.

On the other hand I know very little and I am intrigued by Mortarion's motivations (pre-Nurgle), Perturabo and, indeed, the Lion is very much a mystery despite getting a comparatively large amount of attention.

I'm sure all the Primarchs will get appropriate attention in time, but I can understand why people might prefer to see more of x or less of y.
post #27 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-28-11, 09:59 PM

We REALLY need a novel on Mortarion and Perturabo.

Mortarion has next to no backstory, its just ridiculous at present and needs fleshing out.

"I feel closer to Horus so I'm going to backstab my daddy and wait till I get stuck in a warp storm and become Nurgles bitch".

I'd really kill for a Death Guard novel >.> But I'm guessing White Scars/Death Guard will get explored probably just before the siege of terra, Death Guard from the warp storm perspective and White Scars from the defense of terra PoV. Iron Warriors I got no idea :/
post #28 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-28-11, 10:25 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Whilst i agree the Lion has had enough spotlight for now. I disagree that Kurze is one of the most unexplored primarchs. Compared to the Khan and Perturabo(who i think are the top(bottom?) two) he has had more than enough. So far the Khan hasn't even had a single sentence and has just the one 'scene' if you can even call it that in A Thousand Sons on Ullanor. Perturabo had a small appearence in Aureullian. But beyond that, they've got fuck all. Mortarions barely had much either, sure he had a bit in again A Thousand Sons and of course Flight of the Eisenstien, but i would still say he's got less than Kurze. Nor do i think Ferrus as had more limelight or even as much as Kurze.

Given the choice i would have the Khan, Perturabo, Mortarion and Ferrus
post #29 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-28-11, 10:44 PM

forkmaster's Flag is: Sweden

Perturabo (and the Iron Warriors) is said to make some bigger apperarence in McNeils next HH-book apparently, together with Fulgrim. So we get some there at least. I agree on manys points that Khan has the least screen-time so far, but he is the Primarch I have least interest in, so Im not that much of caring.

Curze, Fulgrim, Perturabo, (to some extent) Mortarion and Alpharius is those I would like to see more of. Ferrus Manus and Khan I dont.

Edit: Also, one who has had most screen-time is no doubt Rogal Dorn, funnily enough.
post #30 of 75 (permalink) Old 11-28-11, 10:45 PM

Well I'm loving the fact that ADB is writing a story about Konrad in the HH timeline. As with all his other work I'm sure it will be fantastic.

I would like to hear about Mortarion at some point though and I'm sure that will happen in time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Fiction

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode