Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Looking back at " Garro ; Oath of Moment and Know no Fear " books

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Goochman70 
#1 ·
I was going back through my book collection and I just hit this snag.

If Guilliman in the book Know no Fear decided to throw away the Edict of Nikea due to the fact that his brother was using daemons as allies in the battle for Calth and he passed the word for his legion to use the librarians.
Then why in the book Garro; Oath of Moment, when Garro was looking for Rubio , Rubio was shunned by his squad for using his powers if their primarch already had given the order clearing Rubio of using his powers?

The timeline indicates that the order was made before the legion moved into the caves for protection from the solar flares and Rubio's supposed misused of power was to try to save his captain from the enemy at the caves system.

hmmm

#3 ·
The Emperor at Nikaea said:
"Woe betide he who ignores my warning or breaks faith with me. He shall be my enemy, and I will visit such destruction upon him and all his followers that, until the end of all things, he shall rue the day he turned from my light."
That's probably why, if it's not just a timing issue. Their Primarch may have realized the necessity, but you're still blatantly breaking a law set down by the Emperor himself. They're Imperial loyalists in the middle of a civil war. If they win and survive, somebody's going to have to answer some very awkward questions.

Rubio's squad, it appears, does not wish to volunteer for that one.

#4 ·
The Emperor at Nikaea said:
"Woe betide he who ignores my warning or breaks faith with me. He shall be my enemy, and I will visit such destruction upon him and all his followers that, until the end of all things, he shall rue the day he turned from my light."
That's probably why, if it's not just a timing issue. Their Primarch may have realized the necessity, but you're still blatantly breaking a law set down by the Emperor himself. They're Imperial loyalists in the middle of a civil war. If they win and survive, somebody's going to have to answer some very awkward questions.

Rubio's squad, it appears, does not wish to volunteer for that one.

Still don't forget that the Astartes are still loyal to the primarch and more likely to follow his commands.
Specially the Ultramarines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.