Book Reviews by Bane of Kings - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-18-12, 06:30 AM Thread Starter

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

Default Book Reviews by Bane of Kings

Okay, here we go. Like Lord of the Night's thread, I'm going to be archiving a load of reviews here, Black Library or otherwise, so people can comment on them and or see them. They're linked to The Founding Fields website, which can be found here.

So, let's start off with my two latest ones, the links which can also be found in my sig:

Batman: Year One by Frank Miller and illustrated by David Mazzucchelli, whilst coloured by Richmond Lewis. Published by DC.

A fascinating look into the origins of the Caped Crusader. Wonderfully illustrated and with an amazing story to boot, any Batman fan will love Batman: Year One.

Architect of Fate by Sarah Cawkwell, Darius Hinks, Ben Counter and John French, Published by Black Library and edited by Christian Dunn.

A top of the range anthology containing some awesome novellas. A collection that truly raises the standard of themed anthologies, and one that is not to be missed by any Warhammer 40k fan."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-20-12, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

BZRK by Michael Grant, A young adult novel published by Egmont Books.

“Page-turning, enthralling, surprising and enjoyable, BZRK is everything a young adult novel should be. Another strong novel from Michael Grant.”
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-23-12, 06:48 AM Thread Starter

This time I review the awesome, post-apocalyptic zombie novel entitled The Reapers Are the Angels, written by Alden Bell and published by Tor Books, which (this edition) was published in September 2011.

“A horrifying, spectacular, well crafted and emotional tale that should not be missed. Zombie fans will love this.” ~The Founding Fields

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-25-12, 06:31 AM Thread Starter

New post by me, in which I review the first novel in the popular Darth Bane Trilogy, Path of Destruction, written by Drew Karpyshyn and published by Del Ray Books in the USA, and Arrow in the UK

“A fantastic Star Wars novel that is not to be missed by any fan – Path of Destruction explores the origins of the Sith and creates a truly chilling anti-hero that will go down as one of the greatest Sith Lords ever.” ~The Founding Fields
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-27-12, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

Another, non-black library post by me in which I review the mighty graphic novel Watchmen, written by Alan Moore, with illustrations from Dave Gibbons, coloured by John Higgins and edited by Len Wein.

“An epic superhero graphic novel that is not to be missed, and has something to offer for everyone, veteran graphic novel readers and newcomers alike. It’ll be really hard to top Watchmen.” ~The Founding Fields
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-02-12, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

My first advance review in a while, where I write an Advance Review of The Hammer and the Blade, published by Angry Robot Books in the UK and the US, and is released worldwide in July 2012, and written by the New York Times Bestselling author Paul S. Kemp.

“An awesome fantasy novel shows that Kemp can work his magic in almost any setting, be it in a galaxy far far away, the Warhammer World or in his own creation. A rollercoaster ride that is not to be missed.” ~ The Founding Fields
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-07-12, 08:48 AM Thread Starter

Another review, this time of the thrilling, urban fantasy novel Zoo City, published worldwide by Angry Robot and written by Lauren Beukes.

“A wonderful ride, entertaining and unputdownable. You won’t want to miss this.” ~The Founding Fields
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-09-12, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Still non-Black Library, with my review of the first book in the Eagle series, an historical fiction epic entitled Under the Eagle - written by Simon Scarrow, published by Headline.

“A gritty, realistic, page-turning experience that will lead the reader wanting more.” ~The Founding Fields
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-11-12, 06:26 AM Thread Starter

I continue my quest to read as many historical fiction novels as possible with The Yard, written by Alex Grecian, set in Victorian England and published by Penguin Books

"Entertaining, creative look at life after Jack the Ripper – fans of Victorian England-set novels will love The Yard despite a few historical inaccuracies." ~ The Founding Fields
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-12-12, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

My latest review is of of the second novel in Lee Child’s Jack Reacher series, Die Trying, published by Bantam Books.

“An unputdownable, page-turning thriller that is much more entertaining than Child’s first Jack Reacher novel.” ~ The Founding Fields

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Book Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode