Book Reviews by Bane of Kings - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-13-12, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

I review the Civil War graphic novel, which contains work by Mark Millar, Steve McNiven, Dexter Vines and Morry Hollowell. Published by Marvel comics, this is a 2006-2007 crossover that includes elements of the New Avengers, Spiderman, Fantastic Four and the X-Men.

Some great artwork and thrilling action scenes, Civil War is a great starting point for anyone who’s looking to read comics after seeing the Avengers movie despite a few flaws that it has.” ~The Founding Fields
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-16-12, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

I write a review of The House of Rumour, an interesting and unusual novel published by Sceptre, and written by Jake Arnott. This novel was released on July 5 2012.

“An interesting novel that takes a while to understand what’s happening, but is full of good, creative ideas and as far as I’m aware, is pretty original.” ~The Founding Fields
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-19-12, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

I write a book review of The Emperor’s Gift by Aaron Dembski-Bowden, his first Grey Knight novel, published by Black Library and set in the Warhammer 40,000 Universe.

“Dembski-Bowden continues to impress. A fantastic storyline that sheds light on the First War for Armageddon and its aftermath. His best non-Chaos Space Marine novel yet.” ~The Founding Fields

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-23-12, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

I review the standalone graphic novel The Long Halloween, set in Gotham City and published by DC Comics. This graphic novel was written by Jeph Leob, Illustrated by Tim Sale and coloured by Gregory Wright, this is a Batman comic that you will not want to miss. The Long Halloween was first released as a collection on November 1 1999, and provides a huge inspiration for Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight movie.

“An epic tale of tragic events, fantastic artwork and a great storyline makes The Long Halloween arguably the best Batman graphic novel that I’ve read so far.” ~The Founding Fields
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-27-12, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

I review the first novel in the Bryant and May series by Christopher Fowler, published by Bantam Books. It’s a crime novel that was first released in 1994, and is entitled Full Dark House.

“An enjoyable crime novel, with an interesting setting of London during World War Two, Full Dark House is a novel that historical crime fans will find engaging, if flawed.” ~The Founding Fields
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-29-12, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

I review the eleventh novel in Black Library’s multi-author Space Marine Battles series, Wrath of Iron, written by Chris Wraight and set in the Warhammer 40,000 Universe. The latest novel in the series features the Iron Hands Chapter and details the Purging of Contqual.

“If you’re looking for a reason why you shouldn’t cross the Iron Hands Chapter, Wrath of Iron provides that reason. Action-packed, bloody, gory and page-turning, Chris Wraight shows that he is making himself a Black Library author to watch out for.” ~The Founding Fields
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-02-12, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

I review the novelization of Christopher Nolan’s final Batman movie: The Dark Knight Rises, adapted by Greg Cox and published by Titan Books.

“An epic story, some amazing set-pieces and moves at a spectacularly fast pace, the novel may not be as good as the film but it’s something that shouldn’t be overlooked.” ~The Founding Fields
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-03-12, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

I write a review of Brandon Sanderson’s epic fantasy debut novel, Elantris, with the edition used for this review published by Gollancz in the UK.

“An enthralling, captivating novel, with wonderful world building and an action-packed plot, Elantris is a novel that fantasy fans should love, despite the flaws.” ~The Founding Fields
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-31-13, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

Well, it's been a while since I posted a link to this thread. Here's my thoughts (along with fellow TFF reviewer Bellarius) on Vulkan Lives, the latest Horus Heresy novel by Nick Kyme: http://thefoundingfields.com/2013/07...ingsbellarius/
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-08-13, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Myself and Bellarius Cover Scars Episode 1 by Chris Wraight: http://thefoundingfields.com/2013/08...bane-of-kings/.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Fiction, Art and Roleplay Game Discussion > Black Library Book Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode