First try at beastmen . 1500 points - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-09-10, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Kaizer's Flag is: Denmark

Default First try at beastmen . 1500 points

Iím thinking of starting a beastmen army, so I sat down with a friend and worked on a list. We came up with this and I would like to hear some thoughts on it.

Lords
Great bray-shaman (Lore of beast)
Chalice of dark rain
Total: 240

Heroes
Gorbull
BSB, Heavy armour, shield, ramhorn helm, gnarled hide, gold sigil sword
Pts: 242

Bray-shaman (lore of beast)
Dispel scroll
Prs: 100

Core
24 ungor
Spears, musican, standartbearer
Pts: 153

24 gors
2 hand weapons, full command
Pts: 217

8 ungor raiders
Pts: 48

Tuskgor Chariot
Pt: 80

Special
Razorgor chariot
Pts: 145

Rare
Ghorgon
Pts: 275

Total: 1500 points

The idea is to run the great bray-shaman behind the army with the ungor raiders, the gorbull with the ungors and the bray-shaman with the gors. Iím planning on casting the signature spell from lore of beast to extent the survivability of my units, and also mark them rather hardhitting in close combat.

Im hoping to form up a strong battleline with the gors and the ungors, with chariots and the ghorgon on the sides.

Your thoughts?

"Baby, Im a heretic, and your a spineless imperalist"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-09-10, 08:55 PM

GreenFaceMonkey's Flag is: England

Ever so sorrto bother you if your infact not interested, but if your interested in a ghorgon do let me know as i'm near to finishing a conversio (which i'm very pleased with so far) that i'm wanting to sell. So just PM me if your interstd Cheers.

http://www.nortonarmouries.com/about-us/ Makers of armour for films such as Gladiator and Kingdom of heaven, but also TV series such as Game of Thrones and Merlin. Check them out!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-09-10, 09:19 PM

blackspine's Flag is: USA

Hey man!
Welcome to the Herd. I'll post my thoughts in noxious green and below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizer View Post
I’m thinking of starting a beastmen army, so I sat down with a friend and worked on a list. We came up with this and I would like to hear some thoughts on it.

Lords
Great bray-shaman (Lore of beast)
Chalice of dark rain
Total: 240
Chalice is great for the GBS, you can tack on a cheap 'jagged dagger' for extra dice..but those are just options. is he lvl 3?

Heroes
Gorbull
BSB, Heavy armour, shield, ramhorn helm, gnarled hide, gold sigil sword
Pts: 242
Most likely needs a ward save. Either that or toss in the 'charmed shield' so he can survive a cannonball.

Bray-shaman (lore of beast)
Dispel scroll
Prs: 100

keen!
I'm guessing your "wyssan's wildform" spammer? Remember that you can have both use the signature spell.

Core
24 ungor
Spears, musican, standartbearer
Pts: 153

Standard bearer is a waste of points on these guys. You need far more to make them effective. I run 30-35 and even then, they don't last long. In my experience, the beast banner is better used elsewhere. It's nice here, but on gors it makes them killing machines. Toss wyssan's these guys way and they'll last longer. You just need them to tarpit.

24 gors
2 hand weapons, full command
Pts: 217

There needs to be more of these guys.
I'd shave off the FC. Only a musician for most of these guys. The SB does not much for these guys and the champion is overpriced.

8 ungor raiders
Pts: 48
always try to drop in a musician for raiders. 3 points saves me the unit. especially if they take heavy casualties or have to rally. if you can, add a second unit of same size for potential ambushers/ flank guards.

Tuskgor Chariot
Pt: 80

Special
Razorgor chariot
Pts: 145

I love these chariots. make sure to hold off and strike a hard hitting high I unit in the flank.

Rare
Ghorgon
Pts: 275

The Ghorgon is nice in theory. For his points you can toss in a good group of minotaurs with AHW or some equipment. They will have more wounds, have more reliable impact (3 or 4 rather than d6) and 1 stomp each. Not only that but it's a good bunker for your gorebull. They benifit most from him and he from them. They are both Monstrous Infantry and can perform LoS and save his pricey butt.
The ghorgon is overpriced and at this point lvl too big of an investment. His points will fill out units and get minotaurs and be more effective.

Total: 1500 points

The idea is to run the great bray-shaman behind the army with the ungor raiders, the gorbull with the ungors and the bray-shaman with the gors. I’m planning on casting the signature spell from lore of beast to extent the survivability of my units, and also mark them rather hardhitting in close combat.

Im hoping to form up a strong battleline with the gors and the ungors, with chariots and the ghorgon on the sides.

Your thoughts?
my first and most important thought.

You need a BSB.

without one your army will be lackluster at best.

Primal fury is what makes our army great. Re-rolling it in 12" at a high value (8 or 9) is crucial. Re-rolling all those hits will make your enemy wince at the amount of dice thrown his way.
our Gors and ungors have pathetic leadership on their own. If they lose combat, they will run with this leadership.
Primal fury and Slaughterer's call cancel each other out. Primal fury is the way to go for anything that has it. Move the bull to his own unit or scratch him.

I also recommend bestigors.

Good start, just make sure you 100% have a BSB.

Fury, Gore and Ruin

http://thenerdalsorises.wordpress.com/
-Beastmen 72-4-13
- Druchii 15-1-7 (rip)
- Rusted Ruin; WoC 25-3-8
- Chaos Dwarves: TBD
- Ogres: ?

Last edited by blackspine; 11-09-10 at 09:21 PM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-09-10, 09:35 PM

blackspine's Flag is: USA

annnnd my mistake.
you have a BSB.
woops.

I never liked having a 'killy' BSB. Gorebulls need to kill to make up their cost in this lvl of points.

Fury, Gore and Ruin

http://thenerdalsorises.wordpress.com/
-Beastmen 72-4-13
- Druchii 15-1-7 (rip)
- Rusted Ruin; WoC 25-3-8
- Chaos Dwarves: TBD
- Ogres: ?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Beastmen Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode