2.5k Priest Beast list... - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-24-11, 04:21 AM Thread Starter

Takana77's Flag is: USA

Default 2.5k Priest Beast list...

So awhile ago a friend had some flag blocks that actually gave me troubles vs my O&G list in a friendly game and got to thinking about that match again. Come to think I don't remember fielding flags in any empire list I've tried myself so wondering about a list chalk full of 'em hehe for kicks and giggles.

Worried I might get rolled with this list but still mulling about it hehe.

2,498 Points

Lords: 231 Points (9.24%)
Arch Lector - GW, Armour of Meteoric Iron, Holy Relic, Von Horstman's Speculum

Heroes: 376 Points (15.04%)
Luthor Huss
Warrior Priest - GW, HA
Warrior Priest - GW, HA

Core: 653 Points (26.12%)
Flagellants x29
Handgunners x12 - Marksman, Hoch. LR.

Special: 658 Points (26.32%)
Knights of the Falling Comet x9 - Inner Circle, GW, Musician, SB
Great Cannon
Great Cannon
Great Cannon
Great Cannon

Rare: 580 Points (23.20%)
Flagellants x29
Flagellants x29

The knights are more fluffy than competitive (kind of like a group/passe of acolytes running around with Mr. Huss looking for signs for the return of Sigmar). I was thinking of going steam tank at first, but didn't have room point-wise under rare allotment.

Hoping 4x priests should be good for dispells dice count.

Everything melee-wise is either S5 or S6 and 3x blocks are unbreakable. Was trying to find a way to fit Banner of Valour onto the knights but not sure where to cut the points from (perhaps the gunners down to 10x each)?

Oh well, thoughts, suggestions, C&C (and the partially expected GTFO) are appreciated as always hehe.

Thanks,

Tak

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-24-11, 02:57 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

You may only have 3 Cannons.

Knights with GW - Eh, I'm not that sold - you're striking last even on the charge with only a 2+ Armour Save which is likely to be reduced to 4+ or worse due to the amount of S5 around these days. Lances aren't much better, as you still have to cope with Step Up and Supporting attacks. Still, if they work for you, they work for you. Although only S5 and 4+ Armour Save, at half the cost and backed by a Warrior Priest, you'll find them capable of doing well against units like Saurus and Chaos Warriors (precisely because of the reasons that Cavalry suck).

3 Snipers is good - but do remember that you've got poor accuracy with them, (50% accuracy), and with multiple wound models with Armour Saves and Ward Saves, it's an expensive way to use them to take out Unit Champions (as they can no longer target War Machine Crew).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists > Beastmen Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode