» Army Logo
» Army of the Week

Tash'var Cadre
furyion
Army Name Race Game System Points
Panzergrenadier Lehr Kompanie Human Flames of War 1765
» Panzergrenadier Lehr Kompanie
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer-Lehr-Division\

The Panzer-Lehr-Division, commonly known as Panzer Lehr, was a German armored division during World War II, one of the most elite units in the entire German Wehrmacht. It was formed in 1943 from various units of elite training and demonstration troops (Lehr = "teach") stationed in Germany, to provide additional armored strength for resisting the anticipated Allied invasion of western Europe. Its great weakness was that it concentrated the cream of Germany's tank commanders/instructors in a single unit. Due to its elite status it was lavishly equipped in comparison to the ordinary Panzer divisions, though on several occasions it fought almost to destruction, in particular during Operation Cobra.
» Army Details
Headquarters

Panzergrenadier Lehr Kompanie HQ
2x Cmd Panzerfaust SMG team
2x Sd Kfz 251/1

Combat Platoons

Panzergrenadier Lehr Platoon
1x Cmd MG team
3x Tank-hunter team
4x Sd Kfz 251/1
6x MG team

1x Cmd MG team
3x Tank-hunter team
4x Sd Kfz 251/1
6x MG team

1x Cmd MG team
2x Tank-hunter team
3x Sd Kfz 251/1
4x MG team

Flames of War: Tank-Hunter team
I commissioned somebody to paint these for me, so I cannot take credit. That said they do look good!

Divisional Support

Panther Lehr Platoon
4x Panther A

Heavy Anti-aircraft Gun Lehr Platoon
1x Cmd SMG team
1x Kfz 15 field car
2x 8.8cm FlaK36 gun (8 crew)
2x Sd Kfz 7

Company Points: 1765
Source document: Earth & Steel (D-Day)
» History/Fluff
Company type:
Panzergrenadier Lehr Kompanie is classified as a Mechanized company.

Rating:
Panzergrenadier Lehr Kompanie is considered Confident Veteran unless otherwise noted.

National Rules:
*Please note that I am only including the National Rules that can be/are used with this list in its current form. I am leaving out some German national rules, like Schürzen.

Stormtrooper

Any German platoon with a Platoon Command Team may attempt a Storm trooper move in its assault step. Roll a Skill Test for each platoon.
  • If the test passed the platoon treats the Assault step as a movement step in which it can move up to another 4 inches, regardless of its normal movement distance.
  • I the test is failed, the platoon cannot move any farther this turn.

Mission Tactics

If a Platoon Command team is Destroyed another team takes over immediately. Remove any other team in the platoon that is within Command distance of the command team and replace it with the original platoon command team. (This rule also works with tanks as well.)

Mounted Assault

A Transport team cannot normally Charge into Contact. However, a German Transport team from a platoon that is capable of making a mounted assault may do so. A Transport team making a mounted assault must not have
mounted or dismounted passengers earlier in the turn. In the first Assault combat Round, one Infantry team carried as a passenger in each Transport team that is not Bailed Out may fight as if it was a Tank team (remember that Tank teams cannot assault Tanks). The Transport teams themselves cannot fight in the assault.The passengers remain mounted in their half-tracks until
the platoon launches a Counterattack, whereupon they must dismount. Infantry teams that started the Assault Step dismounted fight alongside the half-track-mounted teams using the normal assault rules. As the platoon is not made up entirely of Armoured Tank teams, it will fall back if Pinned Down by Defensive fire, even if the vehicles? armour protects the platoon from casualties.
» Modelling and Conversion Information
Tanks

Panther A
Mobility: Standard Tank
Front Armor: 10
Side Armor: 5
Top Armor: 1
Special Rules: Wide tracks
Armaments:
  • 7.5cm KwK42 gun
    Range: 32"/80cm
    Rate of fire: 2
    Anti Tank: 14
    Firepower: 3+
  • Co-ax MG
    Range: 16"/40cm
    Rate of fire: 3
    Anti Tank: 2
    Firepower: 6+
    Notes: ROF 1 if other weapons fire.
  • Hull MG
    Firepower: 6

Gun Teams

8.8cm FlaK36 gun (8 crew)
Mobility: Immobile
Range: 40"/100cm
Rate of Fire: 3
Anti Tank: 13
Firepower: 3+
Notes: Gun shield, Heavy anti-aircraft, Turntable, 8 Crew

Infantry Teams

MG team
Notes: ROF 2 when pinned down.

Tank-hunter team
Range: 8"/20cm
Rate of Fire: 1
Anti Tank: 11
Fire Power: 5+
Notes: Tank Assault 5

SMG team
Range: 4"/10cm
Anti Tank: 1
Notes: Full ROF when moving.

Transport Teams

Kfz 15 field car
Mobility: Jeep
Front armor: -
Side armor: -
Top armor: -

Sd Kfz 10 (1t), Sd Kfz 11 (3t), or Sd Kfz 7 (8t) half-track
Mobility: Half-tracked
Front Armor: -
Side Armor: -
Top Armor: -

[i]Sd Kfz 250/1 or 251/1 half-track[/i
Mobility: Half Tracked
Front Armor: 1
Side Armor: 0
Top Armor: 0
Armaments:
  • Hull MG
  • Hull MG
  • Passenger-fired AA MG
    Notes: ROF 1 if other weapons fire. Counts as a Self defense AA MG
» Rule Set basic introduction: Flames of War

http://www.flamesofwar.com/

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=22534
Quote:
Brief Introduction to Flames of War
Flames of War is a World War II tabletop miniatures wargame created by Battlefront Miniatures Ltd. The Flames of War miniatures game allows you to command a company level force and 'Re-enact' battles from the European and South African theatres of World War II or to carry out missions against other Flames of War armies. The miniatures used in the game are to a 15mm scale (1/100). Battlefront Miniatures Ltd itself is situated in New Zealand.

The Flames of War miniature game takes place over a series of phases in which the players take turns to do; movement, shooting and close combat. If you are unfamiliar with this game, then you're probably thinking, "That sounds a lot like the Gameplay in Warhammer 40K". If you are thinking that, then you're exactly right! This sequence of gameplay allows for those unfamiliar with rules to learn them quicker.

Players control their armies using company-level tactics. Their army is divided into squads, each represented by a single stand. The miniatures themselves are usually sold in Platoons which consist of several stands of miniatures. As I may have not explained this well enough, here is one squad (or 'half-squad') of infantry (on one stand):

Stands are not only used for Infantry but are also commonly used for either an Artillery piece (including the crew) or a single vehicle. Aircraft are also involved in the game (well, it'd be silly for them not to be) and have their own Flying stands. Aircraft are represented with a slightly smaller scale to everything else (1/144).

The Flames of War miniature wargames armies are determined by using a Points system similar to that used in Warhammer 40K and Warhammer Fantasy Battle. D6 (six sided dice) are used for the gameplay, again, as with W40K and WFB.

The rulebook contains lots of different scenarios and missions allowing you to fight in Battles which happened years ago in World War II and capture objectives etc. To add to that, each individual Sourcebook has further scenarios in which you can participate (scenarios in Sourcebooks are usually linked with the subject of that specific Sourcebook).

The Flames of War rulebook doesn't only contain army lists and scenarios, but it also contains lots of background information about battle that took place in World War II. It also has Painting, assembling and army building guides to help you get started with the basics.
» Images
  • A Flames of War Panzerschreck team.  I commissioned somebody to paint these for me, so I cannot take

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome