» Army of the Week

Tash'var Cadre
furyion
» User's Other Armies
1. Trollbloods
Army Name Race Game System Points
Trollbloods Trollbloods Hordes 200
» Trollbloods
This is a list of everything that I have (or will have) in my 200 point Trollbloods Army. Below this list I will list the army that I am actually painting in the 2012 Army Painting Challenge as well as a couple of lists of armies that I actually field in games.

Warlocks:
  • Grim Angus
  • Hoarluk Doomshaper, Rage of Dhunia
  • Madrak Ironhide, Thornwood Chieftain

Warbeasts:
  • Dire Troll Blitzer
  • Dire Troll Mauler
  • Earthborn Dire Troll
  • Mulg the Ancient
  • Pyre Troll
  • Slag Troll
  • Swamp Troll
  • Troll Axer
  • Troll Axer
  • Troll Impaler
  • Troll Impaler
  • Winter Troll

Units:
  • Bog Trog Ambushers (Leader and 9) (from Minions)
  • Gatorman Posse (Leader and 4) (from Minions)
  • Krielstone Bearer and Stone Scribes (Leader and 3)
  • Kriel Warriors (Leader and 5)
  • Pyg Burrowers (Leader and 5)
  • Pyg Bushwhackers (Leader and 5)
  • Thumper Crew (3)
  • Trollkin Champions (Leader and 4)
  • Trollkin Fennblades (Leader and 9)
  • Trollkin Fennblades (Leader and 9)
  • Trollkin Long Riders (Leader and 2)
  • Trollkin Runeshapers (3)
  • Trollkin Scattergunners (Leader and 5)
  • Trollkin Scouts (6)
  • Trollkin Sluggers (Leader and 4)

Unit Attachments:
  • Kriel Warrior Caber Thrower
  • Kriel Warrior Standard Bearer and Piper
  • Scattergunner Officer and Standard
  • Skaldi Bonehammer
  • Stone Scribe Elder
  • Trollkin Fennblade Officer and Drummer

Solos:
  • Croak Hunter (from Minions)
  • Fell Caller Hero
  • Fell Caller Hero
  • Gudrun the Wanderer (from Minions)
  • Horthol, Long Rider Champion
  • Janissa Stonetide
  • Stone Scribe Chronicler
  • Trollkin Champion Hero
  • Trollkin Runebearer
  • Trollkin Skinner
  • Troll Whelps
  • Troll Whelps
  • Troll Whelps
» Army Details
This page is dedicated to my Trollbloods army that I am currently building for the game 'Hordes' by Privateer Press. I will be painting some of them for the 2012 Army Painting Challenge. This page is still a Work in Progress so check back from time to time to see how things are going.

Here is a brief introduction to the Trollbloods:

Quote:
The Trollbloods are a variety of related races, almost all of whom have distinctive blue skin, and all of whom trace their ancestry back to Trolls. Different races amongst the Trollbloods are categorised by how much trollish blood they have, although what the other blood is remains a mystery to all but the Troll mystics. The Pygmy Trolls, known as Pygs, are small goblin-like creatures with a great deal of technical sense, rat cunning, and thickheaded impulsiveness. The Trollkin are the most civilised of trolls, with a tribal society and a strong sense of honour. True Trolls are somewhat monstrous, with only a modicum of intelligence, but a great deal of physical adaptability. The gigantic Dire Trolls are a raw bestial force that, until recently, even the Trollkin were afraid of.

The Trollbloods have long been recognised as powerful warriors by the human nations, and the humans have called upon them as allies in many a war. Unfortunately, the humans also see the Trollbloods as stupid creatures, not worthy of respect. Humans have allied with Trollbloods by promising the Trollbloods land and respect, but these promises never quite come through. The Trollbloods have no understanding of political subtlety or public opinion; they only understand honour, and will not see a promise broken. As such, the Trolls have made war with the humans far more often than they have allied with them. This constant series of wars has led the humans to develop newer and more powerful technology to fight them, up to and including the Warjack itself. For a long time, the Trollblood forces could do nothing against the Warjacks of humanity. However, Hoarluk Doomshaper has recently extended his mastery over Trolls to include the Dire Trolls, beasts more than capable of tearing a Warjack in half. The Trollbloods march to war once again, and this time they are ready to see their slights repaid a hundred times over with humanity's blood.

Trolls are the lovable blue skinned brutes of the Hordes universe. Trollbloods traditionally live in loosely organized, tightly knit communities on the fringes (or completely removed) from the rest of civilization in the Iron Kingdoms. The escalation of warfare in their lands has led to the trolls uniting as a people to defend themselves and their lands. They are the "protagonists" of the Hordes lore because they seek nothing other than to defend their home and people.

Their are four kinds of Trollbloods: Pygmies, Trollkin, Troll (Full-Blood), and Dire Trolls. All Troll models fall somewhere in this continuum and are tied together by their regenerative capabilities. Most Trollblood warriors and all Trollblood Warlocks are Trollkin, being the most human-like of Trollbloods, while Pygmies are their diminutive cousins. Full-Blood Trolls and Dire Trolls comprise the warbeasts that Trollbloods have access too and are defined by their prodigious natural strength and astounding regenerative capabilities.
» History/Fluff
I will add information here in due time. Please check back another day to see any changes.
» Modelling and Conversion Information
I will add information here in due time. Please check back another day to see any changes.
» Units
» Unit Attachments
» Solos
» Comments

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome