Tash'var Cadre
furyion
» User's Other Armies
1. Deep Corsairs 2004
2. Vogt'aa 2011
Army Name Race Game System Points
Deep Corsairs 2004 Chaos Space Marines / Corrupt Guardsmen Warhammer 40k 1500
» Deep Corsairs 2004
The Deep Corsairs live their lives by the traditions set forth in ancient time by groups of bandits who sailed the seas in large wooden ships, plundering treasure from anyone in their path and reveling in rum, plunder and wenches. They believe themselves to be the long-lost descendants of legendary pirates told of in mythology, and in a way they are- all members of the Deep Corsairs are treated with a gene seed believed to have come from Blackbeard (Edward Thatch) himself, taken from what little organic material was left on his preserved skull.
The Deep Corsairs pilot the oldest starships in use in the 40th millennium, and will often hunt down the remains of particularly legendary ships to intimidate their imperial enemies. Most Deep Corsairs are corrupt guardsmen rather than actual chaos marines, but due to daemonic possession and training their strength, speed, and and endurance are comparable. Corrupt guards and daemons alike work hard to maintain their ships as they sail through the galaxies, singing sea shanties all the while.
Their ruled planets are primarily, if not entirely, covered in water, and the bases of the Deep Corsairs are leagues under their oceans. With surgically added gill-like flaps inside their maws, oxygen tanks, and minor daemonic possession, most Deep Corsairs are fully capable of surviving in water at nearly any depth. When they learn of or divine a new world or ship to pillage, they rise in their ancient hulks out of their seas and sail across the stars to engage in great raids, supported by huge and ancient weapons borne on the backs of alien sea-beasts. Or they'll stealthily launch minor raids in order to stock up on rum, loot, and wenches.
Captains, who direct the many armies of the Deep Corsairs, have an unnatural attraction and addiction to gold of any kind that they blame on their gene seed or pirate heritage. They stick with the stories and legends of ancient pirates that they hold to be "traditions" and bury their gold, designating the spot with a red X. These red X's are usually only about an inch or two in width and emit an aura specific to the Master who places it. Masters, typically followers of Tzeentch, are in charge of navigation and can sense the direction of all of the X's he or she has placed. Masters are also responsible for drawing maps of these locations for the Captain to hold, as the Captain must know the location of all buried loot. Below the masters are the Quartermasters, or Aspiring Champions as they are known by the other Chaos legions, who direct their own small groups of Corsairs, hoping to someday become Captain. Gunners, typically Obliterators, are charged with maintaining the weapons and arms of both individual corsairs and those carried by their ships.
» Army Details
A group of pirate-themed Renegade Chaos Space Marines
» History/Fluff
HQ "Captain Dorgash Fishface" Chaos Sorcerer w/ Mark of Slaanesh, Lash of Submission [125]
TR "Quartermaster 'Ironhide' Ingus with The Mateys Undivided" 5 Chaos Space Marines (Corrupt Guardsmen) [75]
TR "The Mateys Serpentine" 6 Chaos Space Marines (Corrupt Guardsmen) w/ Meltagun [100]
-
[300]

HQ "Captain Dorgash Fishface" Chaos Sorcerer w/ Mark of Slaanesh, Lash of Submission [125]
TR "Quartermaster 'Ironhide' Ingus with The Mateys Undivided" 6 Chaos Space Marines (Corrupt Guardsmen) w/ Aspiring Champion [105]
TR "The Mateys Serpentine" 6 Chaos Space Marines (Corrupt Guardsmen) w/ Meltagun [100]
TR "The Mateys Predetermined" 6 Chaos Space Marines (Corrupt Guardsmen) w/ Meltagun [100]
HE "Gunner Cult Redsail" Obliterator Cult- 1 Obliterator [75]
-
[505]

TR "Quartermaster 'Ironhide' Ingus with The Mateys Undivided" 7 Chaos Space Marines (Corrupt Guardsmen) w/ Aspiring Champion, Icon of Chaos Glory [130]
TR "The Mateys Serpentine" 6 Chaos Space Marines (Corrupt Guardsmen) w/ Meltagun, Icon of Slaanesh [120]
TR "The Mateys Predetermined" 6 Chaos Space Marines (Corrupt Guardsmen) w/ Meltagun [100]
HE "Gunner Cult Nighteye" Obliterator Cult- 1 Obliterator [75]
HE "Gunner Cult Lootmonger" Obliterator Cult- 1 Obliterator [75]
-
[700]

HQ "Master 'Krakenheart' Eremon" Daemon Prince w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Wind of Chaos [160]
TR "Quartermaster 'Ironhide' Ingus with The Mateys Undivided" 7 Chaos Space Marines (Corrupt Guardsmen) w/ Aspiring Champion, Icon of Chaos Glory [130]
TR "The Mateys Serpentine" 6 Chaos Space Marines (Corrupt Guardsmen) w/ Meltagun, Icon of Slaanesh [120]
TR "The Mateys Infectious" 6 Chaos Space Marines (Corrupt Guardsmen) w/ Icon of Nurgle [140]
-
[1000]

HQ "Master Dorgash Fishface" Chaos Sorcerer w/ Mark of Slaanesh, Lash of Submission [125]
HQ "Master 'Krakenheart' Eremon" Daemon Prince w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Wind of Chaos, Warptime [185]
TR "The Mateys Undivided" 6 Chaos Space Marines (Corrupt Guardsmen) w/ Icon of Chaos Glory [100]
TR "Quartermaster 'Fisher' Stabbystab with The Mateys Serpentine" 7 Chaos Space Marines (Corrupt Guardsmen) w/ Aspiring Champion, Meltagun, Icon of Slaanesh [150]
TR "The Mateys Predetermined" 8 Chaos Space Marines (Corrupt Guardsmen) w/ Meltagun, Icon of Tzeentch [170]
TR "Quartermaster 'Vilebrains' Gilmer with The Mateys Infectious" 7 Chaos Space Marines (Corrupt Guardsmen) w/ Aspiring Champion, Icon of Nurgle [170]
HE "Gunner Cult Redsail" Obliterator Cult- 2 Obliterators [150]
-
[1200]

*DOUBLES TOURNAMENT
HQ "Master 'Krakenheart' Eremon" Daemon Prince w/ Mark of Tzeentch, Warptime [155]
TR "The Mateys Serpentine" 7 Chaos Space Marines (Corrupt Guardsmen) w/ Icon of Slaanesh [125]
TR "The Mateys Infectious" 6 Chaos Space Marines (Corrupt Guardsmen) w/ Icon of Nurgle [140]
HE "Gunner Cult Redsail" Obliterator Cult- 2 Obliterators [150]
-
[1000]

Add a Defiler or up to two Chaos Dreadnoughts to any of these lists to adjust points value
» Modelling and Conversion Information
The entirety of the models you see in these images cost me roughly $20 if you don't count all of the extra bits and parts I've used, most of which cam from my early childhood. The Defiler's crab was the most expensive part at $12, with the turret and arm plates taken from a plastic jeep I've had since I was a kid. Most of the infantry is green army men, and all of the bases used were cheap wooden bases that I got at Origins Game Fair in Ohio (anyone up there who has a chance to, don't miss out on this event!)
» I SUMMON THE POWERS THAT BE- A chant to draw daemons of the various chaos gods to aid in maintaining the ship while "sailing"
Yo ho, yo ho, I summon the powers that be!

We rage, we slaughter, we flay and we scorn!
Rise up, me hearties, yo ho!
Shedding blood in the black name of Khorne!

We drip and we ooze as we crawl forth and gurgle!
Spreading the plague and the pox, father Nurgle!

We lust and engage in dark acts "they" banish!
Desiring caresses from master Slaanesh!

We study the stars and all they bequeath!
Trusting our fates to the dark lord Tzeentch!

Nos sonos omnipotens Arrrgh Eternus! (We sing the almighty Eternal Arrrgh)
Totus universitas cado pro nos! (All worlds fall before us)
» Images
  • The army in all its glory
  • Corrupt and surgically altered Guardsmen, built from spare parts and green army men, all of which co
  • Captain Dorgash Fishface, Chaos Sorcerer and leader of the army
  • Quartermaster Vilebrains Gilmer with the Mateys Infectious, note special weapon built like Guardsmen
  • Master Krakenheart Eremon, Daemon Prince and navigator for the army. The scuba-tank-like backpack is
  • Master Krakenheart Eremon rear view
  • Summoned Keeper of Secrets. Note that, as he is summoned, he rises up from the water rather than sta
  • Obliterators
  • Defiler, which is essentially a turret chained to the back of a giant crab. This is my favorite mode
  • Alternate view of the Defiler
  • Shoulder plate on the Daemon Prince, showing the Pirate Fish logo of the FSM. All of the models have
  • Chaos Dreadnought w/ Missile Launcher
  • Chaos Dreadnought, Dual Close-Combat
» Comments

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome