» Statistics
Page Views: 548
Last Updated: 27-09-2017
» Army Logo
» Army of the Week

Tash'var Cadre
furyion
Army Name Race Game System Points
Sons Of Perturabo, The Bloodborn of M'Kar Iron Warriors and various allies Warhammer 40k -
» Sons Of Perturabo, The Bloodborn of M'Kar
Now that the new Traitor Legions supplement is out I have organised the army into the detachments found in there and formations from other books for the Daemons, Eldar etc. I', still in the process of redoing points, so will update when I have done the re-org.
Progress for actually building this stuff is on my project log here > https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d-marines.html

Sons of Perturabo Detachment

HOUNSOU's WARBAND
Warsmith Honsou; The Halfbreed
Chosen + The Newborn (9)
Bolter Marines (10, 2xPlas, 1xPF)
Bolter Marines (10, 2xMelta, 1xPW)
Raptors + Adaric Vaanes
Autocannon Havocs

LORDS OF THE LEGION
Sorcerer
Dark Apostle
Terminator Lord; The Siegebreaker
Daemon Prince

STRONGHOLDS OF CHAOS
Fortification
Fortification
Fortification

LOST AND THE DAMNED
Dark Apostle; The Burning Brand
Cultists
Cultists
Cultists
Cultists

HELFORGED WARPACK
Warpsmith; The Techserpent
Helbrute
Helbrute
Helbrute
Helbrute (metal dread)

CULT OF DESTRUCTION
Warpsmith; The Malevolus
Obliterators (centurion conversions)

FIST OF THE GODS
Warpsmith; The Warpbreacher
Vindicator
Vindicator
Vindicator
Land Raider
Land Raider

TERMINATOR ANNIHILATION FORCE
Warsmith Shon'tu; The Forgemaster
Terminators
Terminators
Terminators

TECHSPAWN
3 units of Spawn

Iron Warriors Detachment

THE FORGE OF KHALAN-GHOL
Lord
Obliterators
Mutilators
Bolter Marines (20)
Contemptor
Contemptor
Ferrum Infernus (metal dread conversion)
Storm Eagle
Fire Raptor
Predator
Typhon Siege Tank

Formations of the Bloodborn

RENEGADE HOUSEHOLD
Chaos Knight

BLOODBORN SLAUGHTERCULT
M'Kar the Thrice-born (MoK)
Berserkers (8)
Berserkers (8)
Possessed (8)
Cultists (16)

FALLEN CHAMPIONS
Cypher
Chosen

BRINGERS OF DESPAIR
Abaddon the Despoiler
Terminators (10)

DOMINUS MANIPLE
Adept Cycerin
Rangers (10)
Dunewalker

CAST OF PLAYERS
Shadowseer
Death Jester
Troupe
» Army Details
I started this army after reading the Iron Warriors omnibus and the interleaved Ultramarines Omnibus. The story of Honsou, M'Kar and all the rest of the gang was great; M'Kars 10,000 year old grudge, Honsou's ruthless approach and Grendels general ambivalence to doing anything gave me the idea of starting a couple of small contingents of Iron Warriors to be an opposing force for my main army; Black Templars. I was looking for a reasonably inexpensive way of starting and ended up buying a job lot of CSM from a friend; a big mix of unmade, half painted and pro-painted stuff which included a fair few characters and cool conversions that I wasn?t expecting, so the initial plan of "just a few guys" turned into a good few thousand points of chaos. Now, in addition to each of the main characters from the Iron Warriors books, and the forces built around the fluff in there; I have a plan to have a small contingent centred around other characters like Cypher, Huron Blackheart and Lucius the Eternal.

I've tried to keep the lists and feel of the army close to the fluff; I've based it all just prior to the invasion of Ultramar The idea was to have a CSM Lord (Honsou) with a unit of Chosen (with characters like Grendel and The Newborn) and a squad of Raptors so I could include Ardaric Vaanes). This quickly grew into including some of the allied armies contained within the Bloodborn host with M'Kar the Thriceborn at the head of the main force. Now the army lists are growing into being a mixture of Chaos Space Marines (with the characters I've accumulated), Daemons (with M'Kar), Renegades (mainly listed from the IA13 book), Dark Eldar (so I can include Kaarja Salombar), Harlequins (for Notha Etassay and Dark Mechanicus (with the plan to include Cycerin).
» History/Fluff
When Uriel Ventris' death oath resulted in him destroying the Daemonculaba, Honsou decided to get his own back.
By utilizing Ventris's memories from the Newborn's subconscious, Honsou was able to board one of Tarsis Ultra's space stations with his followers, where he slaughtered the crew and launched orbital torpedoes at the surface. A few of the torpedoes bombarded cities, but the final one carried the Heraclitus virus. The virus was designed to speed up crop growth, but it had a cataclysmic reaction with the Tyranid vegetation, speeding up its growth so quickly that it covered the entire planet and eventually consumed the atmosphere, leaving the planet an airless and sun-scoured rock.

Then he left a note saying "trollololol", or words to that effect.

I aim to recreate the warband that Honsou amassed in the Skull Harvest and the alliances made along the way with M'Kar and the others at the point of the invasion, just after the capture of the Indomitable.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Invasion_of_Ultramar
» Modelling and Conversion Information
Unfortunately for my better half, I have a horrendously short attention span, so we end up with my half-finished projects and ideas sitting about the place in take away tubs waiting for my next round of inspiration. So far, I have finished Honsou and his unit of chosen (with an additional autocannon so I can swap out depending on how I feel). These are all "true-scaled" using TheBuilders' and VeteranSergeants' ideas, but this became incredibly time consuming and I couldn't be bothered any more so everyone else is "standard".

I have also completed a unit of Raptors which includes Adaric Vaanes as the leader and has a couple of flamers in there. I'm going for a 'building clearance' type unit and close assault.

My contemptors are basically finished apart from weathering, and the renegade knight is done apart from arms (which i'm in the process of magnetising). The Typhin is also done, apart from weathering.

Next on my 'to do' list is the troop choices.
» Comments

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome