Ulthwe, the adventures continue..... - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-08, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Default Ulthwe, the adventures continue.....

CARNAGE! Nottingham

Ulthwe 1500pts
Autarch: Jetbike, Laser-Lance, Reaper-Launcher, Mandi-Blasters
Farseer: Jetbike, Spear, Fortune, Mind-War, Spirit Stones, Warding
6 x Warlocks: Jetbikes, 6 x Spears, 3 x Destructor, 1 x Embolden,
3 x Guardian Jetbikes: Shuriken Cannon
3 x Guardian Jetbikes: Shuriken Cannon
6 x Harlequins: 6 x Kisses
Falcon: Holofield, Spirit Stones, Vectored Engines, 2 x Shuriken Cannons
Fire Prism: Holofield, Spirit Stones, Shuriken Cannon
Fire Prism: Holofield, Spirit Stones, Shuriken Cannon

Game 1: Recon, Gamma
Space Wolves
Termie Wolf Lord: Frost Blade, Other Toys
Ven Dread: Plasma Cannon
5 x Wolf Guard Termies: Twin Assault Cannons: Lighting Claws
Big Squad Of Blood Claws: Multiple fists, PP's, Rhino
Big Squad Of Grey Hunters: Multiple fists, melta, plasma, Rhino
5 x Wolf Scouts: Power Fist, Melta
Vindicator
Tri-Las Predator

First game and first up my favourite mission, Recon!
Playing against Space Wolves with fairly heavy terrain I was always going to have the edge due to the Ulthwe's superior mobility and range.
Setup saw my opponent quite happilly castle on his left to avoid being picked off which gave me the opportunity to use my range advantage with the Prisms on my far left. The council, jetbikes and Falcon all set up centrally to put early pressure on the armoured block of oncoming wolves.
I manage to win the first turn and rather let the wolves form a smoked wall I chose to go first straight away fortuning and tubo'ing the council towards his castle, while the Falcon and prism's lines up side shots on the prime targets. Shooting saw one of the Rhino's get blown sky high while I manage to blow away a few termies also stopping the Vindicator shooting WIN!
The next turn saw the majority of the Wolves force move at max speed towards the scoring the line, the previously entagled squad try's to hide In the corner behind the blown rhino, a single lascannon shot bounces from the council.
With the council within striking distance they fling their spears against the Vindicator blowing It to kingdom come while the Prisms and Falcon make light work of the Pred and the cowering depleted Hunters. The council jumps back six staying well away from the angry Ven dread!
With all ranged AT out of action the game was virtually over, the Wolf scouts eventually decide to hide on my far left flank and score while the blood Claws hide behind the right flank hill but eventually get caught by a full Harlie taxi charge. The Autarch go's on a heroic one man mission and takes out all of the remaining termies fighting of the Wolf Lord till late game. The council and Harlies eventually help chop down the lord after spearing the big angry dread and taking care of the scoring Blood Claws.
End game and the Wolf scouts cower and score while I score with 90% of my force. Masscare to the Ulthwe!

Strike force In Position.

Armoured Wedge of defiance.

The Ulthwe halts the advance.

Vindie gets speared, Ven Dread not too happy, clever marines hide!

Remaining Wolves play hide and seek!

Peek a BOO!

Blood Claws attempt to board the taxi, little did they know It was already occupied!

Score!

''I Beard therefore I am!''

LongBeard (AKA Bennetio!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-08, 01:57 PM

Ah the thrills of war looks like you had fun.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-08, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Game 2: Cleanse, Gamma
Kongs Infiltrating Marines
Master of Sanctity, Pair of Lightning Claws, Artificer Armour, Frag Grenades, Rosarius, Space Marine Bike, Terminator Honours (The Super Killy Choppy Chaplain TM)
3x 5 Man Terminator Squad, 2 Assault Cannons
2x 5 Man Tactical Squad, Lascannon, Infiltrate
6 Man Devastator Squad, 4 Heavy Bolters, Infiltrate
6 Man Devastator Squad, 4 Missile Launchers, Infiltrate, Tank Hunters
Again not a bad mission for me giving me the ability to use my range and speed to my advantage. Plenty of terrain as you can see but even with the choice of quarters I struggled to deny him fire lanes. I eventually choose a quarter to deny him the 4+ cover saves despite my best efforts I was never going to deny him LOS to my army.
Kongs Termies and super chappy go central with his HB devs lining up shots on my council while all the other AT weapons had clear shots on my skimmers!
With the roll for first turn being absolutely paramount I manage to win the roll and sensibly choose to go first, scary stuff!!!
Due to some tight maneuvering I manage to deny all AT shots apart from a single LC and proceed to bully the HB devs Into submission.
Kongs turn saw his static devs reform to enable shots on my force.
A few asscannon shots from the advancing Termie horde saw a shaken result or two on my skimmers. Super killy looks to Intercept the oncoming council heroically turboing Into position.
With the devs and termies In dissaray trying to find shots the Harlies taxi jumps Into action unloading Into a squad of central termies wiping out a squad and consolodating Into the next, super chappies Artificer armour finally gives way to the mass flameage and spearage from the council followed by an Autarch laser lance special.
Kongs following turn saw the remaining termies counter charge and wipe out the harlies while again the devs look to find any possible shots on the speedy Falcon and Prism's.
With the super chappie down and out and with the majoity of the termie force out of the game the council and skimmers eventually use terrain and their speed to hunt down and wipe out the marine force piecmeal with the Autarch's lance and reaper causing mucho chaos.
Game ends by turn five with me holding all four quarters for the loss of the Harlies.
One of the most friendliest and most sporting opponents I've ever played Kong had me Just where he wanted me but without that first turn I could use the large amounts of terrain and my speed to avoid them with a rapid redeployment allowing me to pick and choose my shots grinding the SM force down over the five turns.
Another massacre to the Ulthwe!
Surrounded and pretty damn scared!

Redeploy and bully HB dev time.

Super Killy Chappy Intercepts.

With the Harlies gone and the termies depleted the council plays cleanup!

The Ulthwe force mercifully hunts down the remaining SM force!

End of turn 5 and ready to score.

''I Beard therefore I am!''

LongBeard (AKA Bennetio!)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-08, 08:06 PM

Coffeemug's Flag is: USA

Your army is very similar to my siam hann I'm building
I'm glad to see them doing well and it makes me excited to play mine!
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Tournaments and Conventions > Archived Events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode