Farseer: Jetbike, Spear, Fortune, Mind-War, Spirit Stones, Warding
6 x Warlocks: Jetbikes, 6 x Spears, 3 x Destructor, 1 x Embolden
3 x Guardian Jetbikes: Shuriken Cannon
3 x Guardian Jetbikes: Shuriken Cannon
6 x Harlequins: 6 x Kisses
Falcon: Holofield, Spirit Stones, Vectored Engines, 2 x Shuriken Cannons
Fire Prism: Holofield, Spirit Stones, Shuriken Cannon
Fire Prism: Holofield, Spirit Stones, Shuriken Cannon
After waking up at 5:00 Sat morning and then falling asleep till 5:45 I shit myself and manage to get the last availavle train to make game 1! WHOOP!
Game 1: Dan Fortnum (Dakari-Mane) Secure And Control, Omega
Biker Doom:
Chapter Master, Bike, Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, Terminator Honours, Frag Grenades
4x Bikers, Melta Gun, Vet, Power Fist, Bolt Pistol, Attack Bike, Multi-Melta, Skilled Rider
4x Bikers, Melta Gun, Vet, Power Fist, Bolt Pistol, Attack Bike, Multi-Melta, Skilled Rider
4x Bikers, 2xFlamers, Vet, Power Fist, Bolt Pistol, Attack Bike, Multi-Melta, Skilled Rider
2x Attack Bikes, 2xMulti-Melta
2x Attack Bikes
Predator Destructor, Las-Cannon Sponsons
Screwed up dice with duplicated numbers comes up with escalation which means no first turn shots for the MM's and destructors which was a big plus for me. Four counters split centrally across the board (1p's). I managed to go second, Dan mainly plays on one flank with his bikes with his pill boxes split across his edge for AT coverage.
The majority of my forces come from my left edge with my skimmers attempting to snipe his destructors trying to deny their full shots.
First shot for Dan Autocannon two hits single five BOOM! ah well one Prism down one to go.
Over the next few turns two of dans preds go BOOM while the other gets Immobilised, I manage to lose a squad of bikes to HB fire due to a falcon taking up their JSJ space, DOH!
The game Itself was always going to go to the last turn with Dan covering all but one counter with the majority all central, the falcon with Harlies In tow turbo'd Into position to charge cheekilly using terrain to prevent any turbo hatch blocking bikers. Sixth turn saw the harlies, the council and the Autarch take out approximately 90% of Dans bikers while reclaiming 2/3 objectives. I lose a prism and a squad of bikes, Dan has Immobile Pred and a couple of non-scoring bikes scattered about.
As Dan pointed out he probably could have stayed out of harlie charge range and kept the counters on my right flank possibly looking for a draw/narrow win at best but by splitting forces to claim all counters his bikers got caught out.
Great game as always, top bloke, and a pretty tight game untill turns 5/6.
Massacre to the Ulthwe!
Prism In side armour sniping mode, Council looking to attack the occupied left flank:

Operation, KILL preds!:

Going Into the last turn:

Game 2: Eldar, Gamma Cleans
Autarch Fusion Gun and toys
2 x 5 Dire avengers, Bladestorm
1 x 5 Pathfinders
1 x 5 Banshees, Executioner
3 x Vypers: Scatter, Shuriken Cannon, Holofields!
3 x FULLY tricked Falcons with Cannon and Scatter

More to follow.....

''I Beard therefore I am!''

LongBeard (AKA Bennetio!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-16-08, 08:37 AM

being lazy on the updates longbeard

Check out my gamer Blog
http://gamergeekery.blogspot.co.uk/2...rs-in-40k.html

Jezlad "I actually commented that Jigplums list was the least scary list I faced. Then took a pasting"
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/jigplums
http://www.coolminiornot.com/160095
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-17-08, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Game 2: Eldar, Gamma Cleanse
Autarch Fusion Gun and toys
2 x 5 Dire avengers, Bladestorm
1 x 5 Pathfinders
1 x 5 Banshees, Executioner
3 x Vypers: Scatter, Shuriken Cannon, Holofields!
3 x FULLY tricked Falcons with Cannon and Scatter
Feeling fairly confident going Into the second game I find I'm playing 3 Falcons but NO Harlies to my suprise (big plus for the council).
With the mission being cleanse I knew I could outrange and outshoot his falcons (Bs4/3) so all three of my vehicles went behind the size three hill In my far corner (bottom right 1st Pic), the council and bikes chose to hide behind the central forest for cheeky JSJ Cannons and to put pressure on any advance with the council.
The majority of my opponents army was well hidden with only a Falcon sticking Its nose out from behind a forest.
I manage to get first turn and choose to link Prisms to get the Pen on the visible falcon, manage to get the pen but roll a 1!
I decided to burn the council up the flank looking to spear his falcons and tempt his fairly fragile units out to come and play, a big risk considering 2/3's of his army could shoot me but I had faith with fortune!
My opponents next shooting phase saw 2 falcons, 2 Vypers, 2 x Bladestorms unleash fury Into the council.....I failed one save! :shock:
From there on In I managed to wipe out his DA's and two Vypers while one of the prisms got double 6 doom on one of the falcons. At that point Instead of bringing In the Banshees seeing my council In action he chooses to retreat concentrating on my skimmers (should have charged them In).
For the next few turns I managed to get the council right across the board taking out his pathfinders and with getting the better rolls against his holo tanks I managed to Immobilise a 2nd Falcon whilst recieving little Incoming fire.
At the end of the game he was happy to hide a Vyper and Falcon preventing me holding his quarter and the one to my left.
Unfortunately I'd only managed to lose 3 Warlocks (1/2 Strength) leaving him with 0Vps and me with around 1300Vps giving me my second massacre!!!
Turbo-Fortuned Council ready to strike:

Council bask In their destruction while the battle of the holo tanks continue:

Turn 5, Harlies and council ready to strike the pathfinders:

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-17-08, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

On to game 3!
Hive Kings Nids:
Flyrant
Venom Cannon Tyrant
4 x 8 Guants
1 x 10 Gargoyles
3 x Raveners
3 x Warriors
1 x Dakkafex
3 x Gun Fexs
Mission: Take and hold, Omega
Having heard from Skuzz about the Hive king I knew I was going to be In for a tough game and playing take and hold certainly wouldn't help matters!
Terrain saw a large forest within the centre with a level three wall next to It blocking LOS with a small gap In between the opposite side saw little terrain apart from a few hills and forests on the board edges (pretty even).
I choose to go second!
The first few turns saw HK's non MC's make a rapid dash straight to the objective behind the wall and forest with my Harlies cowering at the back waiting for their taxi to arrive.
Most of the reserves arrive by turn three with me hiding my force not really knowing what to do against the central castled horde.
Plenty of JSJ'ing from the Autarch and Jetbikes saw a good few gaunts go.
My Falcon arrived and along with the prisms went balls out to try and take out a semi Isolated gun fex on my right leaving It on a single wound.
By turn 5 I've whittled some gaunt squads and taken out the warriors. Knowing HK would still be up with his fully scoring force I decide to go balls out with the council to try and hit hard on the final turn, the Harlies/Falcon also turbo down the left side to claim a fex and score.
Unfortunatley due to decent fleet rolls with the Gargoyles and Raveners they left the central castle catching my Bikes and council, but while not getting heavilly damaged they weren't going to score!
HK's last turn saw numerous shots bounce of the Falcon while the rest of his force went for the objective, I manage to whittle down Gargoyles and kill the Raveners but the remaining Gargoyles hold leaving only my Skimmers to score.
At this point I was pretty sure I was on to a fairly heavy loss (damn Cider!) so to try and go for the possible come back I positioned my skimmers to try and chip away at the nearby Flyrant (but out of 12") In hope that I get a 7th turn, all shots bounce.
The Harlies kill of a gunfex and a few gaunts consolodating within 12" of the centre.
HK rolls for the 7th, but It wasn't to be he wins by around 300VPS! :cry:
Looking back I panicked a tad and really didn't have a clue how to take on HK's force when In reality I should of stuck to the mission.
I could have quite easilly have tanked shocked with all three skimmers In such a way leaving the majority of the nids away from the centre, I never really had to engage the Nids.
HK played perfectly, had me panicking, I made too many mistakes late game but thats what I get for lack of playtesting and drinking Cider from 10:00AM onwards!
Onto game 4 with Wazdakka and Co.....

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-17-08, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Wandering Rogue and his Speedy Freeks!!!
Mission: Take And Hold, Gamma
Wazdakka
Warboss: Bike, Klaw, Cybork etc
4 x Nob Bikers, Painboy, 1 x Klaw, 2 Big Choppas
2 x 4 Bikers, 1 x Klaw
2 x 12 Boyz, 1 x Klaw, Truck
3 x Buggies: T-L Rockits
2 x Looted Wagons Boomguns
Terrain for this one saw the middle ground fairly empty but with large amounts of area terrain on both sides equally across the board. I get to chose sides going with a large squared hill to hide my skimmers behind.
Setup sees my force splitting across the board trying to hide as much as possible whilst attempting to split the Ork force to minimise their AT fire. One of my Prisms and the Falcon/Harlies go behind the hill on my far left, the Council and Autarch go central with the other Prism behind a large rounded forest while my Jetbikes go on the far right.
The Ork force sets up with the two battle cannon tanks on opposite flanks In terrain for first turn shots while the rest of the Orkz set up pretty much In the open split across the middle as close as possible looking for first turn shots on my skimmers.
With the armies set I really need first turn, with the speed of the Orks and the amount of firepower my 23 models could be neutralised fairly quickly, I lose the roll for first turn!
Movement sees the Warboss and Nobs turbo behind the forest my Council and Autarch occupy while the rest of the force ALL line up shots on my Skimmers. Shooting from many rockits and battle cannons sees my Falcon and left flanked Prism shaken, WHOOP!
With the bikers within charge range of the council I decide to take my chances and charge In with the council and Autarch my Jetbikes also JSJ to to provide Shuriken fire Into the nobs, my Falcon turbo’s to the middle to take up the central prism position while the prism moves off to the right to to shoot up the looted boom gun.
Shooting from the council, Autarch and bikes sees one Nob removed while the prism Immobilises the boom gun. Combat sees the Autarch and council charge Into the nobs making a big mess of them wiping them out (mainly Laser lance Autarch) with the boss attached to the squad he’s heavily outnumbered so decides to do a runner result!!!
My council consolidates within six of the wimpy warboss (chases him off the board over two turns!).
With the Nobs now out of the game the Orks head of to the right and a big combat eventually ensues over the next few turns between ALL of my bikes his two boyz squads and a bike squad while the harlies take on Wazdakka and his accompanied bikers.
The Harlies make mincemeat of Wazdakka and Co centrally, while on the right flank the council manages to hold off against the 24 strong mini horde. The harlies eventually get across to help but In the meantime the Farseer gets a Klaw to the face leaving the Warlocks clueless and under half strength.
As far as shooting go’s my superior BS sees my Prisms taking out the buggies and one of the boom gun tanks, while the jetbikes rather than helping the Harlies against the remaining boyz flunk their shots against a Warbuggy. The remaining few boyz wipe out the council and leave the lonely Shadowseer to do a runner.
Eventually we only play five turns with my force set to heavilly score on the planned sixth, the games ends up with a win to me by around 400VPS. I have to admit I got lucky on the first turn with my holotanks and I also got a bit greedy late game overestmating the harlies power and losing my last two warlocks and harlies In return. Probably should have been more conservative after wiping out the Nobs but Instead I took the Orks head on hoping to hold them up for the Harlies to finish which worked but I should have used my jetbikes to support their numbers.
Either way It could have gone badly from the first turn so I can't complain, good bloody encouter with plenty of lessons learned.
Game 5 the triple Monolith army of doom!!!

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-17-08, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Game 5: Andy10k
Gamma, Cleanse
Necrons:
2 x 12 Necrons
1 x 10 Necrons
1 x Lord: Orb, Warscythe etc
3 x Monoliths
Straight away Andy pointed out that my list was THE list that he wanted to avoid and with my council all speared up and ready to roll I was feeling fairly confident as they were made for taking down liths.
The board equally covered In terrain with a central forest and a number of large area terrain pieces. Set up sees my whole army fall Into a castle In my far corner to stay well away from the Necrons, the necrons setup faily near to the centre ready to advance.
We roll for first turn and Andy sensibly chooses me to go first first.
The general tactic for this one was for my Skimmers to form an Impassible wall around the council to prevent any assaults and to hopefully eliminate a Lith a turn with the spears or to hit him at range with the Prisms given the chance.
The first 2/3 turns saw my whole force turbo back and forth within formation to gain the Inv save to prevent any nasty pie templates while And advanced with the crons towards and beyond the centre.
Turn two hoping for a lith or two Andy rolls all under 4 NOT what I needed, trying to take on three at a time could prove to be too much.
One of the mistakes In this game was me not sending the flanking jetbikes early on to hold the adjacent quarters with Andy's only mobility gained through the Liths I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have split the liths risking my ranged AT.
Turn three for Andy saw my council positioned around the adjacent quarter near the edge, unfortunately for me he rolls 3 x 3+'s on the reserve rolls and manages to pin me In the corner with his three liths Ideally positioned to pull his other two warrior squads Into the fray!!!
Over the next few turns I manage to keep In formation scooting back and forth spearing the liths while keeping out of assault range, while I manage to do this using every trick In the book my rubber spears Just don't cut It and depsite having 3-4 rounds of spearage my only positive result Is an Immobolised result leaving one lith stranded In the corner I got caught In.
Andy's above average rolls with his gaus flux eventually sees my Autarch bite the dust along with one of my Prisms, my Farseer also gives In to the warp and happilly leaves the battle via brain-fry.
Suprisingly given my heavy losses my mobility nearly saves the day with one of the Jetbike squads making a heroic boost Into the crons quarter, along with the warlocks and Falcon I have 3/4 quarters covered and a chance. With Andy's virtual last move one of his liths teleports one of his warrior squads right onto the dividing line, so It comes to a roll of 4+ 123 It's a draw 456 It's a win he rolls a 4 (I think) and Andy gets the win!
One of If not one the most tactical games of the tournament and considering I'd never played a lith let alone three I was fairly pleased with the result.
Had some really poor rolls on the liths I think If they had of come down piecmeal It would have a made a major difference, also not sending the Jetbikes earlier cost me. Great opponent, great game, bad dice!
Next time Gadget!!!
Game 6 Necrons and only two liths!

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-17-08, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Game 6: Necrons, Secure and control, Gamma
1 x Lord: Orb, Warscythe etc
2 x 10 Warriors
2 x 7 Immortals
2 x Monoliths

So after never playing a lith before I get the honour of playing them again, but only two! :D
Terrain on the board sees heavy runins across the centre leaving little LOS with 2-3 pieces or ruins and forests across each board edge.
Learning from experince I place my tokens (4 In total) as spaced out as possible across the board to try and split the crons and capitalise on my superior speed.
Setup sees the crons Infantry force strangely castle Into one of the corners to claim one of the tokens. I place seperate jetbikes squads across my right flank to cover his token and to contest one of the central tokens late game. Experincing the deepstriking teleporting trick first hand with the crons the rest of force stays WELL away from his Infantry In the opposite corner.
I manage to win the first turn and choose to go second. Over the first few turns the necrons split off leaving a squad of Immortals to hold the corner objective while the other necrons head off to the middle to try and position themselves for a succesful teleport.
Again with my force I turbo back and forth with my skimmers forming a wall popping the odd Immortal with my T-L Prisms.
With the crons advancing to a central position my opponent gets one of his liths down and places one just at around the 18" mark to gauss my council and skimmers fortunately for me It scatters towards me leaving the crons stranded! Unfortunately the lith gets a 5-6 on the falcon leaving the harlies to sit and score on the adjacent corner objective.
My turn sees the Council swing their non rubberised spears Into action and take down the monolith, the Harlies sit and score while the two Prisms again pop a few Immortals.
With the crons mainly castled centrally my opoonent again tries to place his second lith down Just within 18" of his Immortals and warriors, no scatter this time but after measuring to pull through his crons he's out by about 1/4 Inch!!!
At this point the council jumps on the lith throwing, then charging with the spears with one of the Warlocks pinging a luckly 6/6 on the charge to take out the 2nd lith.
With the crons maneuvarbility neutralised I managed to JSJ my way towards the centre over the last two turns with little pressure. Coming Into the last turn I manage to wipe out the central crons with the Council, Autarch, and Prisms while holiding 3 objectives and contesting his corner objective with a 24" last turn boost.
My opponent seemed to be a bit peeved that I didn't really 'engage his forces' but by camping In a corner I managed to keep him at maximum range from the opoosite corner dealing with his Liths/Crons piecmeal.
I think If he had of deployed more centrally he could have placed more pressure on my list cutting down my superior movement/range.
Result big massacre!!! :D
So overal with the few games I'd played before the tournament I was aimimg for the top 20 at best, I eventually place joint 19th on gaming and 22nd overall so mission accomplished.
I still feel with the two losses with a bit of luck (rubber spears) and without the early cider binge (Nid panic) I could have turned them around given a second chance but thats 40k for you!
As for the list I think It worked far better than I expected. I wasn't that Impressed with Mind war, don't think I killed anything with It over the whole weeked may swap It for a starcannon on the falcon and enhance for the council as they did see a fair bit of combat and the extra AP2 Is always helpful, more playtesting needed.
Anyhow thanks to all my opponents for top weekend and probably the best GT I've been to so far!!!
I've got the Carnage event In couple of weeks so I'll promise to get some more painting done and produce a full report WITH pics (damned battery!!!)
Cheers,
Matt (LongBeard)

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-17-08, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
being lazy on the updates longbeard
:fuck:
Think this Is the first set of batreps I've EVER managed to finish!
Bring on Carnage!!!

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-17-08, 11:16 PM

well good read anyhow mate, my gt's go past in a blurr and i cant really remember enough to do a proper report. Suprised you haven't played liths before. council are actually the best thing in the eldar army at dealing with them so good one for you to wet your wistle on

Check out my gamer Blog
http://gamergeekery.blogspot.co.uk/2...rs-in-40k.html

Jezlad "I actually commented that Jigplums list was the least scary list I faced. Then took a pasting"
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/jigplums
http://www.coolminiornot.com/160095
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-18-08, 09:11 AM

Frank's Flag is: England

Well done on the batreps - I also played against your last opponent and i found that my seer council on jetbikes were useless against his moniliths as he insisted that they didn't get their strength bonus from the singing spears & witchblade! As a result I lost big time. However overall I would have to agree with you that this was probably the best GT I've been to as well - more friendly gaming than I was expecting.

Veni, vidi, vici
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Tournaments and Conventions > Archived Events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode