post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-08, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

inqusitor_me's Flag is: Scotland

Default Conflict Scotland

any one going i am Wooo hooo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-08, 05:38 PM

Insane Psychopath's Flag is: Scotland

Yes, me & my friend Graeme will be attending with Space Marines (me) & my friend going with his Blood Angels.

Just waiting on some FW goods to arrive & then my army will be finish (just two things to paint now).

I will be going with the Falkirk lot.

Finial, new Daemon stuff will be on pre-release. Some the stuff is going to be very limited (20 boxies for that new Deflier), Jervies is going be there as well as Jez Goodwin. Might pick up some Bloodletter if I can.

inqusitor_me, you entering 40k & what army will you be useing??

IP

This is where we hold them! This is where we fight! This is where they DIE!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-08, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

me and my mate pat are entering 40K im useing his IG hes useing DA

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-08, 05:00 PM

swntzu's Flag is: United Kingdom

I heard a nasty rumour that it got cancelled. Any news?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-08, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

nout on the web site ill call ma mate and see

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-08, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swntzu View Post
I heard a nasty rumour that it got cancelled. Any news?
Nope I have hear that it is still very much going ahead & that many of the tickets are going fast.

IP

This is where we hold them! This is where we fight! This is where they DIE!!!!!!!!!!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-08, 08:23 AM

koppo's Flag is: England

What happend to the other conflicts?

Your mother cooks socks in Hull!!
If somthing is worth doing, it's worth taking too far, "We set our motley puppets on the clouds and call them gods...","Ah! Now we see the violence inherent in the system!" "Come see the violence inherent in the system!" "HELP HELP! I AM BEING REPRESSED!"

"Quick! Poke it up her "wrongun" before it's to late!" Jezlad
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-08, 01:00 PM

swntzu's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Psychopath View Post
Nope I have hear that it is still very much going ahead & that many of the tickets are going fast.

IP
I heard that this was down to the will of the Braehead manager and that it is going ahead there instead.

By the way, what's Storm over Sitrling like?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-08, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppo View Post
What happend to the other conflicts?
They did not sell that much or somthing to do with sale's, but same time I've read on other fourms that the event down south (well for me anyway being Scottish & all) where poorly ran??

Conflict Scotland was the only one to make the money as it sold out in past years & alway great run from what I seen.

swntzu: A bit off topic but Storm over Stirling is the Stirling wargaming club yearly (sp) Warhammer Fantasy event. Just think of it like the GT in the sence take what ever you please as long as it by the army book/rules. 3 games, food, etc... for 10. For ticket phone Gus in which I posted a link to in the SoS topic. I have never been to the club WFB side of thing being a 40k player mainly... but I got to learn since I was made part of there events team & I'm going to be a ref/stand in player if needed (only way I will ever get a WFB army done). I've mainly attended the 40k event & alway seem to be good, while WFB one I've just been hearing good things from both memeber & people who attended from the past.
So if you got the 19th April I think it is free & want some games you should head on over, pretty easy to get to. I think some people might go to the pub & curry after words.

Any more info or anything on SoS feel free to ask in the topic or PM me.

IP

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-08, 09:00 PM

swntzu or any heresy memeber that attended Conflict Scotland, how did you do & did you enjoy the event overall??

For myself & my team mate we had a good time. Just a shame my friend had to leave right after round 3 due to being unwell (he been of work with the flu, but ment more painting time for himself ) & myself I was tired after a week solid of training that my new job & just wanted to go to sleep on round 3.

Had three good games, a few rules talks but nothing that cause any trouble. Dice did not seem to favour me or my team mate that the start of ever battle but then kick in near the end.

Man of the match for me has to be my Dreadnought who keep roll 6's to anything from blow up Preds, to storm bolter a Land Speeder squad to combat with a chaplain in round 3 or in round 2 when he head shot a rail gun battle suit or along with my combat squad with Heavy Bolter seen a squad of Banshies run of the table.

So felt it was a good day. Felt we did well (in 20's area??) when me & my team mate never really use our armies list for doubles & well we never played double tournament format before so new learn. Also happy to find out my army was up for top 5 best painted armies on 40k area.

Pick up some new Daemons (Bloodletter) & got to meet a lot old friends through out the event & meet many new friends.

Now I just wish there where more tournament up in Scotland maily 40k

But good day, both myself & my team mate enjoy all 3 games & the day itself.

IP

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Tournaments and Conventions > Archived Events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode