A sad day for gaming everywhere... - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-24-09, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Gunstar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default A sad day for gaming everywhere...

Today at the Mayhem tournament a player was disqualified for cheating.

Not only that but it was the same guy who WON the devourer tournament AND last years Mayhem. Can't remember his name- probably shouldn't say it anyway for whatever reasons.

He had a dice in the palm of his hand with two six's on it, one six in place of the one. He was confronted by his opponent who succeeded in wrestling the dice from him and bringing it to the attention of the judges. He was using the dice for his terminator saves- unkillable terminators, that ought to do it.

He was told in no uncertain terms that he wasn't welcome at Mayhem ever again.

All the people that he beat had their marks amended accordingly, although it's almost impossible to make something like that fair.

All in all it's put a sad cloud over an otherwise fantastic weekend. I mean it's 40k for fucks sake. A GAME, not even one with any real stakes. One that we all love to the point of abstraction. It actually made me very sad that someone was so desperate for the adoration of their peers that they would go to those lengths.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-24-09, 06:48 PM
Powered by Squig Tea

Viscount Vash's Flag is: England

A sad day indeed.

If you don't want to publicly shame such a low down cheat please do PM me or Jezlad with the name of the offending person as it would be handy to know for when Heresy does its own Tourney.
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-24-09, 07:05 PM
Spored to be Wild

morfangdakka's Flag is: USA

THis is the second time I have heard about people using alterned dice just to win a silly game. We had a guy at a local tournement that was using loaded dice also for his save rolls. It is a shame that people have to boost themselves up this way.

Red Orc
"Ahh, isn't Morfang sweet, like a great big 350-pound (that's 25 stone, UK users!) ball of cuddly death...?"

God, gives children to people so that death won't seem so disappointing.

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-24-09, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Gunstar's Flag is: United Kingdom

The worst part is that he won Devourer and the last Mayhem, so whether he was cheating or not- everyone will think he was... my money is on that he was.
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-24-09, 07:48 PM

That is bloody ridiculous. The good thing is that the guy got caught, and was dealt with appropriately.

I don't really allow things like this to bother me. People do cheat occasionally, as with most things, but the penalties for doing so in 40k are actually pretty serious. Loads of the top clubs send teams to mayhem so this guy is never going to be able to go to a tournament again, and not be known as a cheat. None of his previous achievements count any more. I wouldn't be surprised if he gave up the game.

I had a really good time at Mayhem myself. Most people just laughed at the idiot who cheated and carried on to have good games.

You can have your own opinion but you can't have your own facts.
Black Legion, Sisters WIP, Feudal IG WIP.
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-25-09, 08:49 AM

Lash Machine's Flag is: England

I had a great weekend too, but really, is it not a game of toy soldiers?

When my Sister-in-law and wife picked me up to take me to the airport, half way through the award ceremony, they found it unbelievable that someone would do this. They are both primary school teachers and have to deal with children like this on a daily basis.

My Sister-in-law stated," it would be fair enough (to cheat) if the loser gets dragged out back and shot."

As far as I know this did not happen, it was not in the rules pack, I think the person who finishes last still gets a free ticket to the next event. Mind you, Pete would look the part in a Commissar uniform.
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-25-09, 10:56 AM

MarzM's Flag is: Scotland

Thats really bad. As Lash say's, it's a game of toy soldiers!! I've been to a couple of GT's where we were convinced people were cheating and using loaded dice!

Fuck it, name and shame mate. Let us know who it is to ensure that the person doesn't get away with it again!!

MarzM
Prince of the Grigori
"Sententia professio meus pugna securis quod ornamentum of bellum" 51:20
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-25-09, 11:05 AM
Slave to Heresy!
Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

Sorry but that's pretty funny.

He managed to win 2 tourneys cheating! Why didn't he do it at the GT? Or did he, perhaps he wasn't good enough to win there even with invincible terminators...
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-26-09, 04:18 PM

I just found out who it was and I vaguely know the guy. He hangs around the oxford street shop a lot. Never played him myself but his space wolf army is pure filth. From the few times I've spoken with him I'm not all that surprised by this.

You can have your own opinion but you can't have your own facts.
Black Legion, Sisters WIP, Feudal IG WIP.
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-26-09, 04:49 PM

Meatplow's Flag is: USA

Seriously...this prick's name and (if possible) picture needs to be made public to ensure his exit from the game and to protect events and opponents from his possible return to the game as time goes on. It's the only way to be certain...

I like pie!
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Tournaments and Conventions > Archived Events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode