MarzM's GT Quest 2009/2010! Yeah baby! Yeah! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 82 (permalink) Old 04-16-09, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MarzM's Avatar
MarzM's Flag is: Scotland
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 954
Reputation: 1
Default MarzM's GT Quest 2009/2010! Yeah baby! Yeah!

Right, it's time for another quest, and things are looking up! Now for those of you who followed last year’s hilarity you will realize that I don’t exactly take 40k seriously. However that being said, I am no pushover and I can be a right git at times! Just ask the players who have bad mouthed me during a game or annoyed me! Lol

That being said I was an advocate of page 6 (in 4th ed) and I am now an advocate of page 2. I am here to have fun! I don’t care if I win or lose, as long as I have fun and God help you if you fuck up my good mood!!!

Remember, as a Buddhist, I am not allowed to kill any living creature, however that being said…. You don’t need Knee caps to live!!

Anyways, this year I thought it would be different. There’s a new guard codex about to come out and everything is shiny and new(ish). So I thought to myself. Why not for a change take a slightly better army. Why not try something which doesn’t involve my taking the worst possible army I could think of!!

Now Jez and Katie have already seen this list. I told them that I wasn’t going to post it. However thanks to Bols this morning posting an article with basically everything I was planning on doing in it, well it doesn’t make fuck all difference now!

So here it is with a small commentary of the units and why they are being taken!


First thing to say is that it's a Tzeentch based guard army;-


Command Squad

Straken
All c/c/w command squad
Regimental standard

160pts


Now This is straight forward. Not only is Straken the best choice for a chao's demogogue (rules wise). He is a BEAST! He's an Imperial Guardsman who can kill a Landraider! Thats good enough for me.


Witch Hunter Inquisitor Lord

Power Weapon, bolt pistol, Flag, Divine Pronouncement
2x Acolytes with shotguns
1x Warrior with shotgun

115pts


I really shouldn't have to tell you what this guy is for! Hopefully i can get his command squad killed off pretty early.


Priest

Evisorator

60pts


Another Demogogue style character. He will lead the conscripts.


Battle Psyker Squad

Extra psykers

110pts

Battle Psyker Squad

Extra psykers

110pts


Okay for anti tank but you will probably know what else they are for.


Callidus Assassin

120pts

Just wrong but funny


Infantry Platoon Command

Power Weapon, Flamer

50pts

Infantry Squad

Meltagun

60pts

Infantry Squad

Meltagun

60pts

Infantry Platoon Command

Power Weapon, Flamer

50pts

Infantry Squad

Meltagun

60pts

Infantry Squad

Meltagun

60pts

Conscript Platoon

80pts


The main meat of the army. The conscripts will be modelled as mutants and everything else will be chaos-like!


2x Vendetta’s

260pts


My main Anti tank and can provide some much needed movement.


2x Hydra’s

150pts

1500pts on the nose

Origionally i was going to take autocannon units but i came to the conclusion that there was no point to them. Hydras are IMO much better. (Tey could even annoy eldar players and thats what life is really all about!)


So, here it is. Over the next couple of months i will revisit the Blog with pictures and updates as the units get painted. For now, i'm off to find a model to use as Straken! lol











MarzM
Prince of the Grigori
"Sententia professio meus pugna securis quod ornamentum of bellum" 51:20

Last edited by MarzM; 04-16-09 at 10:37 PM.
MarzM is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 82 (permalink) Old 04-16-09, 01:30 PM
Senior Member
 
bishop5's Avatar
bishop5's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Suffolk, UK
Posts: 1,584
Reputation: 2
Default

Cool list; like the idea behind it, can't wait to see some pics!

Tactica: Infantry Platoons
Quote:
Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch.
Orson Welles
Forum Rules
bishop5 is offline  
post #3 of 82 (permalink) Old 04-16-09, 02:40 PM
Where is Jessica Hyde?
 
humakt's Avatar
humakt's Flag is: England
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,182
Reputation: 30
Default

Which heat do you intend to go to?

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.
humakt is offline  
 
post #4 of 82 (permalink) Old 04-16-09, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MarzM's Avatar
MarzM's Flag is: Scotland
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 954
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by humakt View Post
Which heat do you intend to go to?

Hey mate,

I've not decided yet, but lets face it! At the speed i paint it will probably be heat 3! lol

Shame really coz a lot of the flame on guy's are going to heat 1 and 2!

MarzM
Prince of the Grigori
"Sententia professio meus pugna securis quod ornamentum of bellum" 51:20
MarzM is offline  
post #5 of 82 (permalink) Old 04-16-09, 10:19 PM
Where is Jessica Hyde?
 
humakt's Avatar
humakt's Flag is: England
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,182
Reputation: 30
Default

I'm off to heat 3, as I have a couple of buddies to meet there. It would be great to have game if you do go.

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.
humakt is offline  
post #6 of 82 (permalink) Old 04-16-09, 10:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Insane Psychopath's Avatar
Insane Psychopath's Flag is: Scotland
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Scotland.. in my home
Posts: 262
Reputation: 1
Default

Really looking forward to this new (I take it, it is brand new converted models, loss count of the guard armies you have hahaha) Imperial Guard Martin.

Are you going to aim for the painting side of thing that the GT??

Also the list look pretty cool..... but where the hellhound

But again looking forward to this project. Your pass Guard armies have been cool from the =][= intro Guards to your golden armour bodyguards.

IP

ps: If your needing any spare Guard bits, I'm currently clean my bits boxies out. Lot of Guard goods, ether tell me by PM or next time your in GW Falkirk.

This is where we hold them! This is where we fight! This is where they DIE!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Insane Psychopath; 04-16-09 at 11:21 PM.
Insane Psychopath is offline  
post #7 of 82 (permalink) Old 04-17-09, 02:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Someguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: London
Posts: 1,988
Reputation: 1
Default

I'm planning on heat 3, again due to being a slow painter.

Not sure about the army to be honest, though it looks entertaining. Suggest you drop the witch hunter toys and get tanks.

Vendettas look like a huge asset to have. All those lascannons, plus the ability to take troops to objectives late game. Of course, they will be shot back at a fair amount.

Oh, and buy some guns for your little IG dudes. It's not really fair to just feed them to the enemy. At least give them hope.


You can have your own opinion but you can't have your own facts.
Black Legion, Sisters WIP, Feudal IG WIP.
Someguy is offline  
post #8 of 82 (permalink) Old 04-17-09, 06:53 PM
Senior Member
 
MaidenManiac's Avatar
MaidenManiac's Flag is: Sweden
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Borås - Sweden
Posts: 3,063
Reputation: 7
Default

Euhm wouldnt a Culexus (mr bighead) Assassin be alot more intresting in this army MarzM?
20 psykers + Bighead gun = epic killyness

Win/Draw/Loss(5th ed results)
EC: 45/2/12
Tau: 28/3/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Common sense and wargamers are like oil and water
Quote:
'Alessio is to 40k what impotence is to rape.' - Jezlad
MaidenManiac is offline  
post #9 of 82 (permalink) Old 04-17-09, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
MarzM's Avatar
MarzM's Flag is: Scotland
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 954
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaidenManiac View Post
Euhm wouldnt a Culexus (mr bighead) Assassin be alot more intresting in this army MarzM?
20 psykers + Bighead gun = epic killyness
Well......I get your point. The Culexus with 19 psykers (not everybody in the battle squad count) would be...... interesting!

However the con's out weigh the pro's in this case. Having all my squads leadership 7 being the main one however the bitch has a fair few tricks of her own when it comes to the battle squad. She can kill an Ork Nob unit without getting into combat with them and they get no save at all!!

MarzM
Prince of the Grigori
"Sententia professio meus pugna securis quod ornamentum of bellum" 51:20
MarzM is offline  
post #10 of 82 (permalink) Old 04-18-09, 10:33 PM
Senior Member
 
MaidenManiac's Avatar
MaidenManiac's Flag is: Sweden
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Borås - Sweden
Posts: 3,063
Reputation: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarzM View Post
Well......I get your point. The Culexus with 19 psykers (not everybody in the battle squad count) would be...... interesting!

However the con's out weigh the pro's in this case. Having all my squads leadership 7 being the main one however the bitch has a fair few tricks of her own when it comes to the battle squad. She can kill an Ork Nob unit without getting into combat with them and they get no save at all!!
Isnt it only like "within 12" for LD reduction? To me that seems like a well of epic cheese waiting to be emptied. That bighead assault 20 gun will eat those nobs too

Win/Draw/Loss(5th ed results)
EC: 45/2/12
Tau: 28/3/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Common sense and wargamers are like oil and water
Quote:
'Alessio is to 40k what impotence is to rape.' - Jezlad
MaidenManiac is offline  
Closed Thread

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Tournaments and Conventions > Archived Events

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome