Are Forge World 40k products tournament legal? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-09, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

Default Are Forge World 40k products tournament legal?

Forge World has some insanely cool products, but I play War 40k competitively and I am only interested if the stuff I get are tournament legal.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/

Forge World is a subsidiary of GW, so I don't know how this shouldn't be the case.

Furthermore, Forge World has things like Bunkers + Emplacements... how the heck do these things work in a tournament? (if legal)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-09, 03:15 AM

JokerGod's Flag is: Italy

The models are legal from what I know but I don't believe the rules are.

Eyes with out life.
Maggot ridden corpses.
Mountains of skulls.
These are some of my favorite things.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-09, 03:16 AM

Sloan13's Flag is: USA

Icon

It Depends on the tournament, and forge would has rules you can buy.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-09, 03:27 AM

in a standard tournament they wont be legal. the rules are legal though, but a lot of the stuff is made for bigger games. if you talk to the tournament organizers they should explain how it would work. bunkers are descried in the rule book somewhere i think. if you are talking about the upgrade packs or the bits they are legal and make your army look cool :D
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-09, 10:29 AM
blahblahblahblah

Stella Cadente's Flag is: Zaire

its up to the tournament organisers like said, but the rules are legal as they are owned by GW, with full copyright and ownership of everything inside them, how much more legal can you get

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-09, 01:50 PM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

Forge world models can be used in GT's for certain things, such as venerable dread's, but the rules produced by FW are not GW GT legal as you are only allowed to use Codex's and not supplimental material.

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-09, 11:52 PM
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect

Commissar Ploss's Flag is: USA

seems we have conflicting opinions here, some say legal, but with exceptions, others say the models are, but not the rules, others say rules but not models! wow.

Bottom line, if you want to find out if forge world items are legal in GW GT's, contact GW. They can give you a list of applicable codex information and also give you the lowdown on whether or not the models have their own special rules or not. If you have a problem, seems like you should go straight to the source. Although, it was a good idea to check here first to see if anyone knew. Being a subsidiary of Games Workshop makes them liable to their terms and rules, and i'm sure this applies to GT rules too. Check with them, i'm sure they'd be happy to help clear up the mess for you. Or not! GW doesn't have the greatest customer service track record. haha! perhaps contacting forge world may be another good option.

Commissar Ploss

The Founding Fields

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-09, 11:24 PM

capnwoodrow's Flag is: USA

The easiest way to find out is to check with whatever the tournament host states.

Like Adepticon - FW models are legal, but it has to be "exactly" what the model is - No "Oh this is my regular venerable dred..." Scratch/conversions are legal, but only if the majority of the model is GW to begin with, etc.

Most places have FAQ for what is legal in their tourney and what is not.

Member of the Hogs of War: www.thehogsofwar.com

WAAAGH! Gitstompa
Coils of Typhon (csm)
Black Star Xenos ('Crons)
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Tournaments and Conventions > Archived Events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode