Animosity - 40k Narrative campaign weekend - Mansfield, UK - 30th/31st March - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-13, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Default Animosity - 40k Narrative campaign weekend - Mansfield, UK - 30th/31st March

Animosity - In the Age of the Emperor, The Ullanor, Narrative campaign weekend

Hi folks,

I just posting this event on the behalf of the organizer

Hello there.

Animosity's 2nd event will take place over the weekend of March the 30th and 31st.

Animosity - In the Age of the Emperor, The Ullanor Crusade is our first Pre-Heresy Era Campaign weekend and we'd like you to attend.

To the heart of the matter. Would you like to join us in the Ullanor System? The campaign focuses on the Emperor, His progeny and the Imperial forces at their disposal as they take on the ever expanding Waaagh! Urruk. I have included a basic version of the campaign pack which will be completed in the near future so that you can see what we have planned for the Ullanor System. Whether you join the forces of the Great Crusade or Waaagh! Urruk, we hope this weekend will be a great gaming experience for all.

There is a drawback to playing a specific crusade from the pre-heresy era. The Ullanor Crusade focuses on Imperial armies vs the Orks. This, unfortunately, is a limiting factor as to what armies are elligible to attend the weekend. I can only apologise to those players this will deter from attending and ask that you keep the faith with Animosity and join us for the event we will be hosting in July!

What can you expect at the weekend? Once again we hope to be able to host an great weekend packed with games. the Campaign Pack details the specific of the battles we will fight across the system. We will also be holding our regular Bitz Box Conversion Competition and the NukeArts Paiting Competition which were hotly contested in our first event.

The support of our established contributors has allowed us to move forward, improve and grow our event. This year, with the assistance of some of the folks on the Animosity bus, we will be producing a souvenir Campaign Pack which will feature exclusive artwork produced specifically for Animosity. Those of you who have seen the dakka thread recently will know which artist and the special offer currently available!

Tickets for the event will be 25. I will send out a further email with a link when they are available, which will be soon. Animosity - In the Age of the Emperor, The Ullanor Crusade, will be held in Mansfield at Maunsfeld Games. There is a map and information for those who will require accommodation at the rear of the campaign pack.

How do we run a Pre-heresy event? Ork's will obviously use the Ork Codex (with some special units we are cooking up as you read), but Pre-Heresy Imperial forces are quite different to those of the Great Crusade era. Space Marine Legions can use either the Betrayal rules produced by Forgeworld or the Tempus Fugitives - Age of the Emperor Expansion which has inspired our latest event. There is the very likely possibility that some players may not wish to use these rules or have forces that can be folded into the different style force organisation. If this is the case join the discussion on the dakka thread and lets see what we can do to help those players out. I would also like to stress that pre-heresy doesn't necessarily mean "buy forgeworld, field forgeworld". Provided your forces are a First Founding legion and you do not includes miniature that clearly represent named 40k characters (Orks ignore) then we will be happy to see you on the table top!

Thanks for taking the time to read through this stuff. I won't keep you any longer. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact me or raise your queries on the dakkadakka thread.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum...st/440020.page

I could go on, but I won't...

Thanks dudes.

Scott aka Venerabledread aka geordie09

If you do not use Dakka dakka, please feel free to PM your email address and I can forward the campaign pack to anyone who is interested

Tickets can be found here -

http://www.maunsfeld-gaming.com/inde...at&cre=evt-tkt

You need to chose either the Greenskins/Orks or Imperial armies.

IF you are neither PM me and I try to get an answer

Thanks for your time

Llama

Last edited by humakt; 02-16-13 at 11:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-13, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Hello.

Just a reminder that Animosity - In the Age of the Emperor, The Ullanor Crusade, is now less than two months away!

If you'd like to come and are sketchy on the info then feel free to ask me anything you need to know. Also, you can join the discussions and build up to the event on our dakka thread,

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum...0.page#5254753

We're still in the market for Orks and any Imperial based forces (with a pre-heresy caveate). We are using a mixture of rules for the astartes legions across the weekend. Forgeworld's Betrayal rules and Tempus Fugitives Age of the Emperor expansion are welcome. If you have issues with using these rules let me know how you want to roll and we can come up with something else to get you on the table top! Orks, and Imperial Guard players use the standard 40k codex and if you have Custodes/Sisters of Silence or Mchanicum counts as armies let us know and we'll see about fielding them too!

As long as we stick to the pre-heresy theme and get cool looking armies to look at, we're open to any suggestions... we even have some squats for frak's sake!

Remember, any questions feel free to get in touch. The campaign pack, in its basic form is available on our thread and you can see game and force compositions there.

Spread the good word and lets see if we can't beat the record attendance for an Animosity Campaign Weekend which was smashed at the last event! ha!

Cheers

Mark

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-10-13, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

To join us on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/animositycampaigns

and the latest gaming packs can be found here for all you greenskin players!

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum...ch/141620.page

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-04-13, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

http://animosity40k.proboards.com/index.cgi

Not long now to the weekend kicks off! Pop over to our groups new forum, Just for ease of communication between players.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-13, 11:42 AM

Hey Mark, great to see A N I M O S I T Y is being spread to the masses!

Just a quick update from the event organisers:

There's been a change of venue due to ongoing issues at Maunsfeld (I'm sure folks have been hearing various stories regarding their future) so the new venue is just down the road at Mansfield Woodhouse. Check out the thread on the A N I M O S I T Y forums for more details:

http://www.animosity40k.proboards.co...read=10&page=2

Feel free to post any questions here on this thread or send myself or llamafish a PM.

Alternatively, sign up to the A N I M O S I T Y forums for all the latest news, updates, rules discussions, project logs, sneek peeks and much, much more!

Laters

I luv da smell of fried dwarf in da mornin'

A N I M O S I T Y W A R G A M I N G: www.forum.animositywargaming.co.uk
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-13, 01:32 PM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

The date seems to imply this is in March, which has obviously passed. When is this event due to happen or have a I missed something?

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-13, 11:19 PM

Hi Humakt!

That's a very good point (which I only noticed after my post earlier...)! ;)

The next event - Hive of the Dead - is on 27th & 28th July 2013. PM me if you need any more info, or of course feel free to head on over to the forum!

Cheers

I luv da smell of fried dwarf in da mornin'

A N I M O S I T Y W A R G A M I N G: www.forum.animositywargaming.co.uk

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Tournaments and Conventions > Archived Events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode