Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

December Painting Deathmatch - Squad/Regiment

5K views 41 replies 12 participants last post by  DkMiBuch 
#1 ·

November Painting Deathmatch: Squad/Regiment

Hello everyone! Welcome to the thread for the

Rules

1. The category is decided upon and posted in the Painting Deathmatch Calendar. This month's category is:
    • Squad/Regiment - Any squad or regiment from any company
  2. Only models that are painted wholly within the month are eligible to enter (i.e. unpainted or only primed at the start of the month). Entrants are not required to post a photograph of the model before painting. If you have a question as to whether or not your model qualifies, please feel free to post in this thread.
  3. You may join the painting deathmatch in progress at any time, but must submit photographs of the completed miniature by midnight GMT of 31 December 2013. WIP images are welcomed and encouraged.
  4. Miniatures that are completed in time will be eligible to win the deathmatch. The deathmatch winner will be decided in a separate voting thread by the Heresy Online community. Votes should be cast not simply on painting skill, but on merit, including creativity, application of painting techniques, individual artist improvement, etc. The winner of the deathmatch will be awarded with the Mark of Slaanesh award.
  5. Winners from the previous month are able to participate in the next months painting deathmatch, but they are not eligible to win in consecutive months.

This is not the year long Army Painting Challenge run by humakt but a separate Monthly event run by Boc. Though entries in one can also be entered into the other (assuming it fits into the category chosen for this deathmatch).

Good luck to all participants!

PS - If you have any feedback on the running or structure of the monthly deathmatches throughout the course of the next month, please comment in the Calendar thread as we will take into account any feedback.

See less See more
#34 ·
Here we go :) This is my Catachan Platoon Command Squad, my first painted squad in almost 20 years. It was a blast to paint, though difficult getting back into the proper techniques. Feedback of any kind is more than welcome!

I really hope to enter every month as motivation to keep going and to see my skills improve, thanks again for putting on such a fun event.:so_happy:

#37 ·
Somehow I managed to get some stuff ready. Not quite how I wanted them to turn out, but here are some quick photos. I have a new years roast to attend to :grin:
Happy new years, guys!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.