Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

December Painting Deathmatch - Squad/Regiment

5K views 41 replies 12 participants last post by  DkMiBuch 
#1 ·

November Painting Deathmatch: Squad/Regiment

Hello everyone! Welcome to the thread for the

Rules

1. The category is decided upon and posted in the Painting Deathmatch Calendar. This month's category is:
    • Squad/Regiment - Any squad or regiment from any company
  2. Only models that are painted wholly within the month are eligible to enter (i.e. unpainted or only primed at the start of the month). Entrants are not required to post a photograph of the model before painting. If you have a question as to whether or not your model qualifies, please feel free to post in this thread.
  3. You may join the painting deathmatch in progress at any time, but must submit photographs of the completed miniature by midnight GMT of 31 December 2013. WIP images are welcomed and encouraged.
  4. Miniatures that are completed in time will be eligible to win the deathmatch. The deathmatch winner will be decided in a separate voting thread by the Heresy Online community. Votes should be cast not simply on painting skill, but on merit, including creativity, application of painting techniques, individual artist improvement, etc. The winner of the deathmatch will be awarded with the Mark of Slaanesh award.
  5. Winners from the previous month are able to participate in the next months painting deathmatch, but they are not eligible to win in consecutive months.

This is not the year long Army Painting Challenge run by humakt but a separate Monthly event run by Boc. Though entries in one can also be entered into the other (assuming it fits into the category chosen for this deathmatch).

Good luck to all participants!

PS - If you have any feedback on the running or structure of the monthly deathmatches throughout the course of the next month, please comment in the Calendar thread as we will take into account any feedback.

See less See more
#4 ·
Hmmmm. Interceptors, perhaps? I can't help but feel I would paint something not all metal to a nicer looking standard...

Maybe next year!

#8 ·
I may enter this month, if I can decide on something to do :blush:

#13 ·
Guess I'll give this a go, gonna work on my first squad of Vorpal Sword marines. No starting picture, since everything is still on the sprue.

Is fully painted going to include based or just completely painted models on a base?

#14 ·
Is fully painted going to include based or just completely painted models on a base?

It is a monthly painting competition - not a basing competition - so models on an unpainted base are eligible. As usual, if anyone tries to take advantage we might tighten the rules in future.

#15 ·
Thanks, will try to have them based anyway, its just a matter of finding stuff that would fit fighting on daemon worlds.

#16 ·
Well here is my unit of Knights of the Black Rose:

and some close-ups of the command (yes I finished basing them between these pictures and the picture above):

#17 · (Edited)
Catachan Platoon Command

I've only been back in the hobby for less than a month but I'm always game for some fun! This is a place holder for my Catachan Platoon Command.

Edit: Platoon Command Squad w/ Converted Lieutenant, Plasma Gun, Female Grenade Launcher, Heavy Bolter Team

#20 ·
Hmmm in the very real looking offchance that I don't get a chance to finish the last two days before I fly out, here is my squad of seven (to be legal) interceptors.

#23 · (Edited)
I've been working hard all month on some 'Ard Boyz converted from WFB Orcs. There are 20 of them including a Nob that I entered into the conversion death match a few months back. I repainted his skin. Every major Ork clan is represented just like the rest of my army. Here's the finished product. Sorry about all the pics. :(

Group Pic

Closeup 1

Closeup 2

Closeup 3

Closeup 4

My 2 Favorites

#24 ·
I've been working hard all month on some 'Ard Boyz converted from WFB Orcs. There are 20 of them including a Nob that I entered into the conversion death match a few months back. I repainted his skin. Every major Ork clan is represented just like the rest of my army. Here's the finished product. Sorry about all the pics. :(

I am loving the bloody cleavers bro!

#28 ·
Nice Work on the Boyz Fiddle. They actually remind me of the original 40K Orks but more modren (if that even makes sense.)

Unfortunately my own Entry into this competition will be slightly Delayed and possibly nonexistent unless i manage to get some paint splattered onto the models as i have nowhere to work on them ATM. I may have to piss off the GF a bit and bust some otf the paints out at her place.

#29 ·
I have been sabotaged! On Saturday my wife and I left for her parents house about 8 hours away. She said she had packed up everything, and I trust her, or I use to! I woke up this morning, made coffee, made my work area in her parents den for me to knock out some shading when I realized that my minis were not packed....I came into the Death Match 13 days late and now will have lost another 7 or so due to vacation. Anyway I figured I'd vent, at least she made muffins...:so_happy: Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, or no matter what you believe enjoy your next few days!

#30 ·
I'm gonna have to pull out of this unfortunately. A bit to many projects going on at once has resulted in my squad only being half finished, with no chance of completion in the next two days outside of not going to work or doing anything else.

#31 ·
After 3 visits in the past two days for more paint, since I am still just starting, I based them this evening and will be taking pictures with the new camera tomorrow :grin: Can't wait to see what everyone has come up with in addition to the nice squads already completed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.