October Painting Deathmatch - Single Miniature - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-10-13, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Tzeentch laughs at likely

Dave T Hobbit's Flag is: Europe

Default October Painting Deathmatch - Single Miniature

Please note the change to Rule 2 regarding proof pictures.

October Painting Deathmatch: Single Miniature

Hello everyone! Welcome to the thread for the

Rules

1. The category is decided upon and posted in the Painting Deathmatch Calendar. This month's category is:
    • Single Miniature - Any single miniature from any company up to 40mm size base.
  2. Only models that are painted wholly within the month are eligible to enter (i.e. unpainted or only primed at the start of the month). Entrants are not required to post a photograph of the model before painting. If you have a question as to whether or not your model qualifies, please feel free to post in this thread.
  3. You may join the painting deathmatch in progress at any time, but must submit photographs of the completed miniature by midnight GMT of 31 October 2013. WIP images are welcomed and encouraged.
  4. Miniatures that are completed in time will be eligible to win the deathmatch. The deathmatch winner will be decided in a separate voting thread by the Heresy Online community. Votes should be cast not simply on painting skill, but on merit, including creativity, application of painting techniques, individual artist improvement, etc. The winner of the deathmatch will be awarded with the Mark of Slaanesh award.
  5. Winners from the previous month are able to participate in the next months painting deathmatch, but they are not eligible to win in consecutive months.

This is not the year long Army Painting Challenge run by humakt but a separate Monthly event run by myself. Though entries in one can also be entered into the other (assuming it fits into the category chosen for this deathmatch).

Good luck to all participants!

Please note the change to Rule 2 regarding proof pictures.
Some people who use webcams to photograph their work have said it is very difficult/impossible to take a photograph in front of the thread or with a time stamp. Therefore, as an experiment, we are waiving the proof picture this month to allow as many people as possible to enter. If we feel this was abused we will revert to the earlier rules.

PS - If you have any feedback on the running or structure of the monthly deathmatches throughout the course of the next month, please comment in the Calendar thread as we will take into account any feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-10-13, 05:28 PM

Chaplain-Grimaldus's Flag is: England

Ok! I'm in! I have just kitbashed a Captain for my Blood Angels I am starting, i chose them for the challenge of a hard colour to get crisp and i don't have much practice on red,so I think I will paint him up for this!

Here he is! I think I will go 4th Company. Green gems are the most easy lol.

Pre-Paint;
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381426099.395592.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1381426110.050990.jpg

Ok, the red armour is done, took me a while. I went for mephy red, evil sunz and then a carroburg wash. I then went over it with evil sunz again leaving the wash in the recess. Following that I did a highlight of wild rider red and a final thin highlight of troll slayer orange. I am quite happy with how it turned out! :-D (Note the halo added as i started painting!)

Done!! The cloak was simply layered up adding a little grey to each layer of black. The chapter logo was ceramite, nuln oil wash, Ulthuan grey leaving black in the recesses and a final edge of white scar!

In the end I went for 2nd company! As I thought yellow gems would be nails! And they were! But I think they set the whole thing off. Any questions fire them to me I doubt I will win with this but he tuned out really good.

W-L-D
Dark Angels 5th Coy 1.5k - 0-0-0
Vampire Counts 1k - 1-1-0

Last edited by Chaplain-Grimaldus; 10-12-13 at 04:19 PM.
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-10-13, 08:39 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Nice to see the waver on the proof photo, because I've already started my entry in the Army Painting Challenge, which happens to be a single mini as well. Commander Farsight.

post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-10-13, 10:01 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Count me in for this.

I'll have a think tonight what I'm going to enter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-10-13, 10:45 PM

iamtheeviltwin's Flag is: USA

I'm going to give this one a shot again this month...have two single figs up in hobby rotation, just gotta figure out which one to do.

Servants of the Laughing God (Harlequin Themed Eldar Army)
First Eastern Mirage Corps (C:SM)
I am the Evil Project Log (All my work since restarting the hobby)
The Crusade of Morr (WFB Empire Battle Reports)
Dem Bones (Dice Rolling Program)
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-11-13, 05:14 AM

Iraqiel's Flag is: Australia

Curses, I wish I'd checked the roster for this BEFORE I went and started a Landraider for the Army Painting Challenge. Two consecutive entries would have been sweet.

In the mean time, I'm reserving this space for a Grey Knights Brotherhood/Emperor's Champion... Once it arrives in the mail and I've converted it to taste. Will Dave allow us to put them concurrently in this month's modelling and painting challenges?

Iraqiel

Check out my Imperial Guard Battle-Group-in-the-making as it slowly takes form! Located just here:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...my&army_id=705

And my collection of all things - particularly Grey Knights; Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129966
post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-11-13, 08:04 AM

Chaplain-Grimaldus's Flag is: England

Hopefully finish mine tonight or tomorrow! My first competition entry! :-D

W-L-D
Dark Angels 5th Coy 1.5k - 0-0-0
Vampire Counts 1k - 1-1-0
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-11-13, 09:30 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain-Grimaldus View Post
Hopefully finish mine tonight or tomorrow! My first competition entry! :-D
Get cracking!

Not even started mine yet

EDIT: I have decided upon my entry. It will be an old Underhive Scum figure. The guy with the two bolt pistols to be precise!

EDIT 2:

Here he is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

Last edited by Tawa; 10-11-13 at 10:23 AM.
post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-11-13, 06:13 PM

Silens's Flag is: Wales

Just ordered the miniature I want to paint for this month. If it's not here by the end of the week then I'm gonna have to wait until another month to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
"Look they got a-OH MY GOD I'M ON FIRE FOR THE LOVE OF NAKED SANTA IT HURTS!"
post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-11-13, 06:29 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Chaplain Grimaldus, it looks like we'll both be doing BA Captains! I'll post my unpainted fool for combat when I get home. I've actually been waiting for it to go back to single mini so that I have a better chance of finishing things on time. If anyone remembers, it will be the Captain with power axe and sword that I did for the July conversion deathmatch. I even have two days off back to back this weekend, I may get to painting on one of them! Woo!

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Heresy Online Competitions > Archived Competitions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode