Adapt & overcome - my conversion to AoS - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Age of Sigmar All Age of Sigmar discussion in here. As the section grows we'll expand it into its own cateogory.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-16, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

Default Adapt & overcome - my conversion to AoS

okay so i might be a little late to the party, between moving house and going between jobs its been practically a whole year for me not seriously doing anything hobby related. i would check in every month or so but im back, and what i have had to face was "what do i do with WHFB?"

i had a good 2000pt skaven army, 90% painted, when suddenly GW released Age of Sigmar, my immediate reaction was of course anger, i was ready to grab my pitchfork and hop on the GW hate Bandwagon. i understood that alot of people were angry, some going to the extent of burning their entire army

but over time i became interested. especially when i found the warscroll compendiums for all the old armies. but still the burning question of whether to keep to the old ways and live without growth, or to convert to AoS, resonated in my head. converting wouldn't be too hard just would need to swap the bases.

i read a little into the rules, the lack of points system is kinda annoying but then again, when has a real life battle ever had 100% force equality. it looks really simple and would be so much easier to convert an interested mate into, you can just walk into a store and start a new force without having to buy an armies book and a tonne of units, its alot like the LotR strategy battle game really.

in my view AoS was actually a good move by GW, sure some bridges were burned...

(literally)

...with old players leaving, but in turn this new game is new player friendly, for years ive been seeing how people leaving 40k have gone to Mantic's version of it, 'deadzone' or something i dunno, and this game was really simplistic and easy to get new people into it - much like what AoS is

with so much freedom ive been inspired enough to dust off my 25% completed lizardmen force, im going to paint strip them and re-base them.

WIP, and yeah i only just noticed the horribly huge mold line.

ill be starting a lizardmen blog thing soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bruva Alfabusa
"My first model had so many layers of paint, that an excavation team could probably find fossils in it".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-16, 07:54 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

welcome to the new world(s) I would love to follow your journey with lizardmen(seraphon) into AoS and can recommend having a look at the newer rules for them, they are a pretty strong army.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-16, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

What's with the new names too? Like I get why they changed orcs to orruks or some shit, because they couldn't trademark "orcs".

I will look into getting that, cheers

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-16, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPr1est View Post
What's with the new names too? Like I get why they changed orcs to orruks or some shit, because they couldn't trademark "orcs".

I will look into getting that, cheers
It's all about copyright with GW now. Even in 40k "Imperial Guard" and "Space Marines" are no longer used for their codexes. Lizardmen isn't something that can be copyrighted so they had to give them a unique faction name that they could own.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-20-16, 03:32 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deloth View Post
It's all about copyright with GW
Ding. Can't protect your IP if you can't copyright it.

AoS is a pretty interesting game to me though I haven't had time to play it much. Out of curiosity are the old Lizardmen (5th ed. era) really different looking than the newer models for them? That guy in the OP looks a bit sleeker than the old stuff.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 05-20-16 at 03:34 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Age of Sigmar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode