The Age of Sigmar is Nigh. - Page 27 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Age of Sigmar All Age of Sigmar discussion in here. As the section grows we'll expand it into its own cateogory.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #261 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 11:41 AM

I don't understand why everyone is raging about the roll a 13 on the screaming bell and you win? It specifically states the roll cannot be modified, so even if you had a +1 to a roll, or fateweaver deciding what is rolled surely it wouldn't work as it would count as a modifier? And if you actually insist that you have won and take these rules seriously then good luck trying to find someone to play against. I've seen rumours that ahve said none of the new stuff will have any of this anyway, just a homage to old units.

At the end of the day it was evident Fantasy uptake had been in decline for a very long time, in all the years I have visited my local store I have seen 2 fantasy starter games compared to hundreds of 40k starter games. What's more is the large reaction for people after the game is 'I have to spend how much to get all the rules and everything I need to play?'. I get the sense that AoS is a 'shoe in' game that allows people to get into a wargame for cheap (more importantly for GW, a GW wargame for cheap). And once you have built up an army, its not as big a leap to go to 40k for bigger games with more levels of complexity, or, dare I say it, LOTR (or whatever skirmish games may come) for more interactive games where minute details can be controlled.

Its also incredibly easy to setup your own scenarios rather than kill everything, I mean any game where the objective is to kill as much as you can is going to lead to a build up in the middle. In the second game I played we added 5 objectives and you got 1 point in the hero phase if you had a unit in 3", this gave units a reason to retreat, and led to units moving around to get out the way, leading to a much more interesting game.

By no means am I saying the system is perfect, I have a lot of problems with the system without even starting on the lack of points or funny rules, and would I have preferred a 9th ed? Undoubtedly, but its not like my 8th ed stuff has disintergrated as soon as AoS went up. If I chose to not play AoS, nothing has changed I can go on as before, if I do then I can play a game decide its okay and still play 8th when I want. The system has a long way to go, but it sounds like there is still a heck of a lot to come.

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow

Last edited by falcoso; 07-07-15 at 11:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #262 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 12:39 PM

Tha Tall One's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcoso View Post
Undoubtedly, but its not like my 8th ed stuff has disintergrated as soon as AoS went up. If I chose to not play AoS, nothing has changed I can go on as before, if I do then I can play a game decide its okay and still play 8th when I want. The system has a long way to go, but it sounds like there is still a heck of a lot to come.
I agree with you mostly, but you seem to forget that a lot of kits have gone and will go out of production. The Garden of Morr, for example. They have also let slip that the Orcs will be phased out in favour of the ridiculous sounding 'Orruks'.
I also believe they will eventually repackage everything with round bases, which would be at least inconvenient.

It is not that everything is disintegrated now, but it is strongly suggested that it might.
post #263 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 01:18 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
Note the part where I said free rules and not new rules :D My hopes is that they streamline it a tad and bring down the AP2 and STR D madness, but I know it's a long shot.

Anyway, sorry for the derail - Continue!
Well, that would be awesome. Sadly, i can't see them publish this quantity (and it has to be said, also QUALITY) of rules and artworks and fluff in every add-on like they are doing now. I can foresee the milking will contiue for some more years. Depending on how AoS is received / sells WH40K will have some revamp, or not.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

post #264 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 02:13 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Some people are resistant to change, especially when that change involves something they care about. Or they had high hopes for a new something and it didn't meet their expections. As someone who was a bitter little shit when Khorne Daemonkin was released, I get it. That's how life goes, though. Hopefully people can get on with their hobby after the rage subsides, because AoS just gives us additional options, more than anything else.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #265 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 05:01 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/...ok-prices.html

Quote:
Retailers all over the world are reporting a curious item on their order sheets this week for the new Age of Sigmar. Check THIS out!

Here’s the write-up of the new release list based off the new release sales sheet that’s going around to retailers. Let’s take a closer look at the lineup;

Via multiple retailers:

WDW077-60 WHITE DWARF WEEKLY 77 (ENGLISH) White Dwarf 4
80-02-60 WARHAMMER: AGE OF SIGMAR BOOK (ENGLISH) Other Book 74
80-02-01 WARHAMMER: AGE OF SIGMAR BOOK (FRENCH) Other Book 74
96-10 STORMCAST ETERNALS LIBERATORS Plastic Box 50
96-15 STORMCAST ETERNALS LORD-CELESTANT Plastic Clam 33
65-10 AGE OF SIGMAR COMBAT GAUGE Hobby Product 33
65-12 STORMCAST ETERNALS DICE SHAKER Hobby Product 40
65-13 KHORNE BLOODBOUND DICE SHAKER Hobby Product 40
– WARHAMMER: AGE OF SIGMAR BOOK LIMITED ED Other Book 130

That last number in bold is the price, in US dollars.

Now here’s some very big things that you may want to take into consideration folks;

First off the GW product code 80-02 is the old Warhammer Fantasy Rule book SKU that has been in place for years. Interesting parallel there.

Second is that Game Workshop has only told retailers thus far that this item will be moving from ‘new release’ status to ‘best /core sellers’ for next week so they will be REQUIRED to carry it. There is also a ‘limited edition’ version of this item as well, which strongly indicates an item of strong interest I feel like.

Now all this information could change as early as Tuesday morning here in the US, as European retailers begin talking with Games Workshop, and likewise their American shopkeeper counterparts with GW as well later in the day.

However as of right now this looks to be some sort of rulebook for Age of Sigmar, whether it’s just a ‘hardcopy’ of all the new datascrolls now available via free download remains to be seen.
$40 dice shaker, eh?

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #266 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-08-15, 12:33 AM

alasdair's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm curious as to what this book is, and how it lines up with these Realmgate Wars rumours.

Moreover, I want to see next weeks white dwarf for news on what's going on with Slaanesh, based on the hints from the last one.
post #267 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-08-15, 02:30 AM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/...ls-emerge.html

To anyone who was wondering what the book is
post #268 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-08-15, 10:20 AM
To The Dark Tower Came

The Gunslinger's Flag is: United Kingdom

So from the looks of the video on GW, its just fantasy space marines vs khorne...

I wasnt even opposed to the change necessarily, but come on, space marines!?

Check out my Project Log: Forbidden Colours!
post #269 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-08-15, 10:24 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger View Post
but come on, space marines!?
Space Marines, Space Marines EVERYWHERE...

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #270 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-08-15, 10:52 AM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gunslinger View Post
So from the looks of the video on GW, its just fantasy space marines vs khorne...

I wasnt even opposed to the change necessarily, but come on, space marines!?
I've seen Orks/gobbo's, Empire, Lizardmen and Ogres.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Age of Sigmar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode