The Age of Sigmar is Nigh. - Page 26 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Age of Sigmar All Age of Sigmar discussion in here. As the section grows we'll expand it into its own cateogory.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #251 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 12:30 AM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
I'm with Vaz and others as well. This is the worst shit I've ever seen come from GW. Were you not having fun before? There's having fun, then there's turning the game into the most ridiculous bullshit in the world. Get re-rolls if you fucking dance? More if you coerce your opponent to joining in? Re-rolls for holding up a grail and spouting "for the lady"? What's next, instant win if you have a fedora on?

Fuck this game.
While I agree that these rules are silly and I wouldn't do them for money... well ok for money I would, but not for the purpose of a game, the most important thing to remember about them is this; they are not serious rules and nobody is going to force you to use them.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #252 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 02:42 AM

troybuckle's Flag is: Canada

Is it possible that this is just a gimmick launch, as in, WHFB is not actually shelved along with half the armies to be replaced with AOS like we are being led to believe, but this is a hoax to go along with the End Times story line for AOS to make it feel like the WHFB world has been destroyed to all the players out there... And in a month or so GW is just like... relax guys this AOS is just a stand alone skermish game like space hulk or dread fleat
post #253 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 03:21 AM

Roganzar's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Squared View Post
I read somewhere earlier that the silly rules are a temporary inclusion, as some sort of tribute to the old edition.
Personally, as someone who was casually interested in WHFB, but was put off by the investment and complexity, this is right up my alley. For now.
These rules are really not going to last. These are obviously just for fun as GW starts putting out real rules that will overlap these.
But it's still fun to read.

01010100 01101111 01100001 01110011 01110100 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110110 01100101 01110010 01111001 01101111 01101110 01100101 00100001

Forge World Sidera Maris project.

Warhammer Age of Sigmar project

Horus Heresy project

post #254 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 04:22 AM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2015/07/g...questions.html

Quote:
An official representitive was Forgeworld answering questions directly, and not shying away from the hard ones. Need to know about the future of points in AoS? Here are the answers.

thanks to a reader for sending this in.

Shared via Luca Pinsuti
"GW had a guy camped out at the Forge World open day whos entire job was to answer questions and talk to people about Age of Sigmar. His entire job is to go to shows and talk to people about the new game. For the first time I think ever they're taking Age of Sigmar to Gencon, Comic Con, all the major wargames conventions in Europe etc. They're throwing a considerable amount of money at putting this in front of new audiences who have never played fantasy before. He was also brutally honest and didn't dodge any questions and answered everything he could. I'll start with the negative stuff first.

This is it. There categorically will not be a '9th' edition of fantasy. Age of Sigmar is the only thing fantasy related GW will do for the considerable future.

He acknowledges that the 'funny' rules are rather silly and don't make for a great intro to the system for new people. His response was that the armies in the box set don't have the silly rules. They're there as kind of a celebration and final send off of the old warhammer armies, and he said you might notice the new armies don't have the stupid noises or imaginary friends. This is deliberate, its designed that you'll only generally play the old stuff with your mates since it's a bit embarassing to play in a public place.

The new races will look different to the old ones. Ooruks will not look the same as the orcs we currently have. As such, when they get round to releasing Ooruks, the old models will cease production. He did say that you can still use your old models as ooruks, but you won't be able to buy normal orc boys again.
There will never be points values.

On to the slightly positive stuff then.
They are going to fully support all modes of play, and will be releasing rules to balance armies against each other. There will be narrative campaigns where your forces are picked for you for specific missions, and there will be a system for tournament players to balance lists that isn't based on model count. He did not know the specifics of this, but said it is definitely coming.
The rules will always be free. He said that they are very very aware that fantasy had a massive buy in for someone to get started, as such the game was designed with the ability to play it with one box of models. There will be army books, but every rule in them will be available, for free, online. The books will just have extra background info and scenarios.

GW really are trying harder than they ever have before to make this work. If you're at one of the shows go and talk to them. They want to talk to you about this, but especially they want your feedback on it. As he said, this is totally uncharted territory for them and they are totally open to rules revisions as they go.

I forgot probably the best/worst bit. I asked him if he knew that it was possible to win the game first turn with the screaming bell/fateweaver thing. 'Thats deliberate' he said. 'You can do whatever you want in this game, but if you do stuff like that you probably wont have many people to play against."
Here's hoping they adopt the free army books/rulebook strategy for the next edition of 40k -- BUT NOT FUCK WITH THE RULES. Please, no rules fuckery.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

Last edited by venomlust; 07-07-15 at 04:25 AM.
post #255 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 05:23 AM

Ordered my AoS last Saturday and i'll learn how to play the new version of the game.

Ultramarines are Pussies

Except Dark Angels, any chapter that sounds like a Death Metal Band can't be that bad.
post #256 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 07:01 AM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

I ordered the badass Khorne Lord from @bitsandkits because I absolutely had to have him, but otherwise I'm gonna use my Daemons. Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage is a monsterrrrrr.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #257 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Just got an email saying there was an AoS app on the way very soon that allows you to access all the free rules and war scrolls directly. Nice to see something like this, carrying all the rules you need around on your phone. For free.

I've never had cause to say it before, but well played, GW.
post #258 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 09:08 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
Here's hoping they adopt the free army books/rulebook strategy for the next edition of 40k -- BUT NOT FUCK WITH THE RULES. Please, no rules fuckery.
I will bet you a juggerlord on a pedastal that if this Sigma approach works, they will do the same to 40k - Not the rules, but the free rules aspect of it. It's MUCH easier to maintain and they can focus on the models.

Give it 5 years and we will have a 40k end times followed by new and free rules.
post #259 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 10:50 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
I will bet you a juggerlord on a pedastal that if this Sigma approach works, they will do the same to 40k - Not the rules, but the free rules aspect of it. It's MUCH easier to maintain and they can focus on the models.

Give it 5 years and we will have a 40k end times followed by new and free rules.
If it's this kind of rules, where you only need to bring the meanest beast in melee and everything resolves into a big carnage midboard...no thanks.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #260 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-07-15, 11:14 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
If it's this kind of rules, where you only need to bring the meanest beast in melee and everything resolves into a big carnage midboard...no thanks.
Note the part where I said free rules and not new rules :D My hopes is that they streamline it a tad and bring down the AP2 and STR D madness, but I know it's a long shot.

Anyway, sorry for the derail - Continue!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Age of Sigmar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode