The Age of Sigmar is Nigh. - Page 17 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Age of Sigmar All Age of Sigmar discussion in here. As the section grows we'll expand it into its own cateogory.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #161 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-02-15, 05:55 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

New Realm of Battle Board looks alright. As for heraldry and background of those sigmarines, that is a fucking poor effort. They're not even trying now.

obligatory first dudes must be first
the next? Well these dudes attack people
anvils? Well they were made when it was dark So we painted the. Token black
Lions nothing is known but they roar
celestial vindicators formed from heroes because the rest are formed with middle managers, care workers and semi retired fishermen holidaying in the south of france
And lastly we have not!greyknights because reasons fuck yo logic.

I'll stick with the teutogen guard, named after the bitterest opposition to Sigmar during his rise to power and the second most important tribe during his time, they are the strongest of the Knights of the white Wolf, often selected from their Inner Circle to become the guardians of the Flame of Ulric embodying their god in his aspect of winter and war.

Dear me, fluff standards have dropped massivrly.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-02-15, 06:16 PM

SonofVulkan's Flag is: United Kingdom

Saw this scale photo on Facebook. These Stormcast Eternals are huge.

hammertime.jpg
post #163 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-02-15, 06:33 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
EDIT: Also, on a scale of 1-10, how happy do you think Creative Assembly are that they're in the final stages of releasing a Total War game for a franchise that's just been scuttled?
There is still another edition of fantasy coming,
although at this point I wouldn't be surprised if we saw tyranids with bio axes and bio hammers turning up in it........

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

post #164 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-02-15, 06:43 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Extremely fucking happy.

Lots of angry warhammer fans wanting to scratch that 6th/7th/8th edition itch with money to spare and weekends to burn after GW simultaneously actively killing (as opposed to letting die) the game. With only 4 races available to play at first (so, roughly 8-12 factions in game), that leaves a shit load of space for DLC's which unlock new factions (think perhaps Middenheim or Marienburg for Empire which are rehashed unit appearances with a few new units like a Landship or Teutogen Guard/homebrewed literal White Wolf Cavalry), Slayer Army hordes for Dwarfs with a new unit or 3, and then possibly a new variant of Orcs and Goblins; perhaps a Savage Orc based army, or one of the old school variant goblins.

Pay what, 10 to play with 3 old school armies, or pay 20 to get a unit for a game which may be dead in 2-3 years or bears no resemblance to the game you played before.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #165 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-02-15, 06:46 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Quote:
There is still another edition of fantasy coming,
although at this point I wouldn't be surprised if we saw tyranids with bio axes and bio hammers turning up in it........
I've seen other rumors that suggest the opposite, though I don't necessarily put much stock into anything at this point without pictures/White Dwarf text supporting it:

Quote:
via multiple retailers

We are now getting in preliminary reports from multiple retailers of snippets of information they have received from GW representatives regrading Age of Sigmar and Warhammer in general. Here goes:

– It’s not 9th edition WFB, its a totally different game.

– There is no 9th edition coming.

– There is no huge rule book coming. Age of Sigmar is the main product.

-The 96 page book in the box is a hobby book, painting, history, how to play examples etc.

– The 4 pages of rules is indeed the rules. Laminated.

-The 4 pages of rules and all War Scrolls will be free and online July 4th at midnight. This will be a living document.

-There may be additional books in the near future, hobbyist/collectors items. Not at all needed for the game, and may not even have the rules in the them. Things such as: Age of Sigmar: Epic Book of pictures, how to paint….etc.

-There is no Hardcover big rulebook like we had in WFB, no 3 rule books in a slipcover like in 40k. Just the Age of Sigmar box.

-Cost is $125.00 in the US

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #166 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-02-15, 09:44 PM

alasdair's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmir View Post
BTW, if you prefer the more old "john blanche" like aesthetics, I think you can very well make warbands with those as well. The limited scope of the game actually makes you put some thought and effort into a model if you want, without it being too lost in a group of 40+ in a single block, or headaches with ranking up.
I was thinking about this today. We might have a decent way to play mordeheim again. I know it won't be individual model tier but you could probably make a pretty cool warband of small units of certain guys and some characters scouring a city board. We will have to see what scrolls would work best.

Last edited by alasdair; 07-02-15 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Didn't see the most recent pages lol my bad.
post #167 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-02-15, 10:18 PM

Asamodai's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
New Realm of Battle Board looks alright. As for heraldry and background of those sigmarines, that is a fucking poor effort. They're not even trying now.

obligatory first dudes must be first
the next? Well these dudes attack people
anvils? Well they were made when it was dark So we painted the. Token black
Lions nothing is known but they roar
celestial vindicators formed from heroes because the rest are formed with middle managers, care workers and semi retired fishermen holidaying in the south of france
And lastly we have not!greyknights because reasons fuck yo logic.

I'll stick with the teutogen guard, named after the bitterest opposition to Sigmar during his rise to power and the second most important tribe during his time, they are the strongest of the Knights of the white Wolf, often selected from their Inner Circle to become the guardians of the Flame of Ulric embodying their god in his aspect of winter and war.

Dear me, fluff standards have dropped massivrly.
So you're comparing a few brief sentences from a blurry leaked picture to everything that has been written previously over a 20+ year period?

Does that genuinely seem fair to you?
post #168 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-02-15, 10:34 PM

Sweet dreams, Warhammer Fantasy.
post #169 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-03-15, 01:27 AM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

post #170 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-03-15, 06:24 AM

Well, I'm placing my order on Saturday.

Easy peasy

Ultramarines are Pussies

Except Dark Angels, any chapter that sounds like a Death Metal Band can't be that bad.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Age of Sigmar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode