The Age of Sigmar is Nigh. - Page 14 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Age of Sigmar All Age of Sigmar discussion in here. As the section grows we'll expand it into its own cateogory.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-01-15, 03:45 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

I was never a fan of WFB's rules, but I love the minis. If they truly are still present in this new incarnation of the game I'm down to give it a shot. Pleeeeeease be good, Lizardmen. I've wanted to buy some for the past 20 years.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-01-15, 04:30 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
i was never a fan of wfb's rules, but i love the minis. If they truly are still present in this new incarnation of the game i'm down to give it a shot. Pleeeeeease be good, lizardmen. I've wanted to buy some for the past 20 years.
qft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #133 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-01-15, 04:31 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

There were old rumors about chaos equivilants to most races. I wonder if we will see chaos Lizzies down the road.

post #134 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-01-15, 10:04 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
I love how we've gone from models like this;

[Average looking figure]

to this;

[Awesomeness]
I'm saying the same thing, except you know... without the sarcasm.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #135 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-01-15, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Night View Post
I'm saying the same thing, except you know... without the sarcasm.

LotN

I agree, i like the old models but i am loving these new ones.
post #136 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-01-15, 11:24 PM

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/...e-spotted.html

Looks like Lizzies and even Beastmen are still alive and kicking. Also, FOCs.
post #137 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-02-15, 12:20 AM

alasdair's Flag is: United Kingdom

Rules wise I will have to play the game before I can comment on it. My initial thoughts are that they have swung too far in the direction of simplicity to lower the barrier to entry that fantasy undeniably has. I am not a tournament player but the idea of no points worries me immensely. What was wrong with the old system? 40k has that system, it evidently works.

I am more interested in the lore and miniatures anyway. I personally am with Vaz on this one, the old aesthetic was much nicer. Very Tolkein/Howard esque whereas the direction GW has taken fantasy end times and onwards is very WoW.

I will probably pick up the box. The chaos blokes are pretty nice, not too keen on the Lord. I am very split on the sigmarites. I feel like they would look nicer with heqdswaps (sallet helms perhaps?).

From a lore perspective I am actually pretty excited from what I have heard. The idea of lightning infused bad asses raining down upon a chaos infested world to cleanse it with the fury of Sigmar is something that makes me happy inside. The 4 factions make sense too. I do want to know what comes of normal 'humans' e.g. The Empire however.

I am popping down to my local gw for the release event on Saturday and will probably playtest the game with one of my armies. Will keep you guys posted.
post #138 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-02-15, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alasdair View Post
Rules wise I will have to play the game before I can comment on it. My initial thoughts are that they have swung too far in the direction of simplicity to lower the barrier to entry that fantasy undeniably has. I am not a tournament player but the idea of no points worries me immensely. What was wrong with the old system? 40k has that system, it evidently works.

I am more interested in the lore and miniatures anyway. I personally am with Vaz on this one, the old aesthetic was much nicer. Very Tolkein/Howard esque whereas the direction GW has taken fantasy end times and onwards is very WoW.

I will probably pick up the box. The chaos blokes are pretty nice, not too keen on the Lord. I am very split on the sigmarites. I feel like they would look nicer with heqdswaps (sallet helms perhaps?).

From a lore perspective I am actually pretty excited from what I have heard. The idea of lightning infused bad asses raining down upon a chaos infested world to cleanse it with the fury of Sigmar is something that makes me happy inside. The 4 factions make sense too. I do want to know what comes of normal 'humans' e.g. The Empire however.

I am popping down to my local gw for the release event on Saturday and will probably playtest the game with one of my armies. Will keep you guys posted.
I am with you on this one. I will be getting it upon release too. As for the Sigmarites, I keep having to imagine them with a silver paint scheme instead of the gold. Gold, in my opinion, especially that orangy gold, doesn't work all that well on rounded models. Makes them look like big pieces of fruit.
post #139 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-02-15, 06:21 AM

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

Yeah, I'm envisioning them more in a silver/red scheme for the sigmarites. Possibly with headswaps from the old flaggelants/space wolves or even some of the bretonnia/empire parts on them.

Or they may end up with some Grey knight helms and powerswords/axes to become my inquisitorial crusaders... Remains to be seen.

BTW, if you prefer the more old "john blanche" like aesthetics, I think you can very well make warbands with those as well. The limited scope of the game actually makes you put some thought and effort into a model if you want, without it being too lost in a group of 40+ in a single block, or headaches with ranking up.

I had an AMAZING time at fightclub.

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!
post #140 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-02-15, 06:36 AM

SonofVulkan's Flag is: United Kingdom

Formations in fantasy as well now. I'd like to pick my own army, not have it pre-selected for me.

I'll have to see how this goes before I purchase this, I don't like the whole formation/dataslate thing that GW does.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Age of Sigmar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode