The Age of Sigmar is Nigh. - Page 12 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Age of Sigmar All Age of Sigmar discussion in here. As the section grows we'll expand it into its own cateogory.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 344 (permalink) Old 06-30-15, 08:01 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworn Radical View Post
Click me at your own risk.

That's it. Scan of the 4 pages of rules (not just some blurry partial pics) and all the models.

I'm going to throw up now ...

Wait, what .... I'm rather going to continue playing 8th.

They did that one thing .... utterly destroyed the unique tactical aspect of the movement phase in WHFB and made it a clone of 40k, pile-in moves and all.

Anyhow ... enjoy ...

I believe GW is releasing the 4 page rules as a prelim to the full book set coming in early august.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 344 (permalink) Old 06-30-15, 08:38 PM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

If this is the only ruleset we are getting then I massively regret just dumping about 300 into a new Dark Elf army.

Seriously though:

Roll to hit: Use the "To hit" characteristic of the weapon.

Roll to wound: Use the "To wound" characteristic of the weapon.

So if you have a sword of 4+ to hit, and 4+ to wound it makes no difference whatsoever in any way what the target is, whether it's a Giant or a Snotling - you need two 4+s to cause damage? That makes no intuitive sense, at all...

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #113 of 344 (permalink) Old 06-30-15, 08:48 PM

I am pretty sure they are releasing a full 9th ed later in august. Its shown up in recent rumors

post #114 of 344 (permalink) Old 06-30-15, 08:57 PM

Sworn Radical's Flag is: Germany

I wouldn't be so sure about that, really.
Have you read the 'Warscrolls' ? They've been explicitly designed to work in conjunction with these minimal rules. So nothing wouldn't be in need to be expanded further. Essentially, this means they'll be producing models and just hand you the 'rules' with them.
Well, honestly I don't care at the time being. Almost everybody I play with or discuss aspects of the game with, has declared they'll be continuing to play 8th.

Now, we can only hope that GW doesn't surprise with a new and fresh edition of 40k in 2016 which uses the stupidly simplified Age of Sigmar rules .... killing off one game at a time.

40k Armies: Dark Eldar / Adepta Sororitas
WHFB Armies: Vampire Counts / Empire / various Elves
Horus Heresy: Alpha Legion / Warp Cult
post #115 of 344 (permalink) Old 06-30-15, 10:18 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einherjar667 View Post
I am pretty sure they are releasing a full 9th ed later in august. Its shown up in recent rumors
Yep, there is a full new edition of Warhammer,
this is just the skirmish game that has been long (ish) rumoured

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #116 of 344 (permalink) Old 06-30-15, 10:29 PM

Default The Age of Sigmar is Nigh.

Yeah thats what I read too. And they've said themselves ALL armies are still valid and supported

post #117 of 344 (permalink) Old 06-30-15, 10:47 PM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yes, but there's a huge difference between "Valid and supported" and "Your current army is playable in the current form".

Because as it stands there's no way to translate 60 Spearmen (for example) into a usable unit for a round-base game system.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #118 of 344 (permalink) Old 06-30-15, 10:50 PM

But in AoS, bases don't matter. That is the only system the rumors have been specific to. The full 9th ed is anyones guess.
post #119 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-01-15, 01:07 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

In a game as detailed and wide ranging as "Warhammer Age of Sigmar"

This is the equivalent of posted on the back of a fag packet. Get fucked, GW. Not only did I hate the End Times, I hate the aesthetics, and I hate the fluff.

I love how we've gone from models like this;

to this

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Last edited by Vaz; 07-01-15 at 01:42 AM.
post #120 of 344 (permalink) Old 07-01-15, 07:19 AM

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

I can understand the frustration of people who chose WHFB for it's ranked look... It's a completely new beast that's being pushed now. But just as there's some diehards who still play 2nd ED 40k, you'll get diehards who will be playing 6th/7th/8th/... soon.

Apart from that, I like the idea of a simple basic ruleset that takes 10 minutes to learn. Adding depth through units, their synergy and combo's is pretty smart too. Basically how warmachine (and aparently the X-wing games, but that's second hand experience for me) handle it as well.

I had a WHFB army after having been a "40k veteran" for a while. The skaven from this set: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...=93266&page=12

They are now in Canada, hopefully giving more joy to the guy who bought them than they ever did to me. I couldn't stand how 8th worked. Luckily, I was able to gain money on the paint job, or else my venture into WHFB would be a failure on all sides.

So I am looking at this with a more open mind. I would NEVER EVER consider WHFB again after the absolutely horrible experience of having to paint literally hundreds of models, spend God knows what for these big infantry blocks,... only to see them blasted apart by one wizard at the opposing end of the field.

But the prospect of an "easy to get into" game with (hopefully) a somewhat nice skirmish entry level of a dozen or so model (as opposed to 20 to form minimum units that are worth f*ck all on the battlefield) , might convince me to give fantasy another go.

I had an AMAZING time at fightclub.

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Age of Sigmar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode