WH noob. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-10, 03:29 AM Thread Starter

skywarp's Flag is: Canada

Default WH noob.

My significant other is starting to get interested in w40k after watching me and my friends play all the time on my dining room table, and the army she's particularly interested in in terms of fluff and look are the witch hunters. She's leaning towards a sisters of battle army, and I was wondering if anyone could help me throw a list together for her.

Shameless ad? Of course!

Use Dropbox for free, 2gb file storage on the internet, and instant file sync across multiple computers.

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTEwMjQ0MTEzOQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-10, 04:04 AM

Gubnutz's Flag is: USA

Well do you have anything for the army yet? Also what size list are you looking to go with?

I find that at the 1000 point level you want to go with a solid core of Sisters led by a Canoness and then add Seraphim and whatever heavy support you like. I personally like to let my Sisters ride in rhinos though this is a topic of debate. In addition, Exorcists are always a great choice.

I like to run a Canoness with Jump Pack Blessed weapon Mantle Cloak meltas

8 Seraphim with VSS packing an eviscerator and Book
2 Sisters with twin hand flamers

Around 3 squads of Sisters with
Melta
Heavy flamer
VSS with Bolter and Book
Rhino Smoke EA

Heavy can be Exorcist or retributors with 4 heavy Bolters usually have a VSS with book

This tends to be a solid list and gives you a good start to the sisters. Cna always drop the Rhinos and grab more sisters if you like the foot horde aspect of the game.

Hope this helps some.

Gub

Oderint Dum Metuant

Let them hate as long as they fear.

http://gubnutz.livejournal.com/ Check out my Live Journal
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-20-10, 11:35 PM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

She might want to wait a bit until plastic Sisters come out, given that I haven't been able to get a single Sisters Squad for 3 months now. We're fairly sure Sisters in plastic (likely with SOME sort of update to the Codex, which was pulled) will show up to replace them, but... well, the new stuff isn't here YET and we all know GW drags it's feet, which might make starting her army off a very frustrating experience.

That having been said, Gubnutz's got the right idea for starting forces.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-21-10, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

skywarp's Flag is: Canada

thanks for the tip guys, I'll relay the info. She'll probably just use my decommissioned TSons for now, since she enjoys being invulnerable to everything half the time.

Shameless ad? Of course!

Use Dropbox for free, 2gb file storage on the internet, and instant file sync across multiple computers.

https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTEwMjQ0MTEzOQ
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-10, 12:32 AM

Well I think that the new dex is coming pretty soon, well sooner than I expected. I am out of the loop and am not sure if it will be a combined forces of the Inquisition dex. As far as sisters go I have gotten all of mine though trade sites and off of ebay. Btown has a large amount of people looking to unload large SOB forces right now so that is worth looking into. Of course just running the TSons is an option. They are a fun force and one that I always thought I would take at some point.

Keep us posted.

Gub

Oderint Dum Metuant

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-10, 12:44 AM

There's an entire pinned thread dedicated to Inquisition rumours in the News forum here which spans almost 40 pages now. Gist of it so far is that we don't know anything for sure and we're sick of that state of affairs. Grey Knights likely 'soon' as in this year / begin next year. Nobody really knows when the Sisters finally get an update but with the Squad and the Codex both being pulled a couple months ago SOMETHING oughtta happen in the next couple months, though there's some talk of the Codex ending up as-is on the GW site rather than being updated.

Which would suck.

We honestly need at least new models SOON. While the Codex is creaking, it's still workable. Not being able to bring in new Sister squads... As I said, it's been 3 months.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-10, 01:02 AM

Well that is no good. I would like to see the dex just tweaked to allow for things like the New rhinos and small fixes. I would take a new dex. As for new Models I have amassed a huge amount of the metal Sisters and will more than likely just go with that regardless of the new models. perhaps a new special character or new HQ would be nice but the stuff is great IMO.

Here's hoping that it works out for us.

Gub

Oderint Dum Metuant

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-10, 04:36 PM

I'm with Gubnutz I'd love a new dex, but I'm still in love with the current metal sisters.

Of course that love will only last untill I see how amazing the new plastic sisters are but loves a fickle thing!

www.mi40k.com For Michigan 40k Tournaments
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-10, 04:32 PM

I love the metal Sisters as well.

But they're not available anymore. Only way to get ANY Sisters right now is to buy blisters, which is Even More hideously expensive than it usually is.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-10, 05:17 PM

I have 1 unopened box I could be persuaded to let go..pm me.

www.mi40k.com For Michigan 40k Tournaments

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Adepta Sororitas Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode