I think I am going to Ard Boyz Sisters Mech 2500 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-02-10, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Gubnutz's Flag is: USA

Default I think I am going to Ard Boyz Sisters Mech 2500

Well I have been invited to come and play at my LGS and initially I thought that I would be taking orks. After some thinking i have decieded that I want to take the Sisters though. I have been out of the playing loop for a long time. I have no real aspirations of taking the thing based on lack of exp since the new edition. However, the sisters have great BS, can lay down a nasty amount of firepower, and have the 3+ save. Looks good to me. Plus I have them so I might as well field them. Here is what I came up with, based on what I own. Comments welcome but bear in mind I might as well be a Noob since I have been out for such a long time. Mistakes will be made.

Idea is to have as many sisters as I can rushing forward establishing a fireline and dumping hot death until the time runs out. I like the Mech elements, have 4 Mounted troops and 2 larger foot units. I have Seraphim to jump around and kill tanks or whatnot, dual HQ 1 on foot with a 15 woman squad, one with JP to run along with the Seraphim, not attached so as not to take the H&R ability away. Dual exorcists to help with AT and because they look great. HB retributor squad because I have them and HB rock with BS 4 IMO. On to the List

Canones 181
JP, Cloak, BOSL,Mantle, Blessed Weapon,Frags melta, Plasma, rosarius
She is pricey but I have a lot of points to spend and she should be protected and ready to help the Seraphim get it done

Canones 116
BOSL, Frags, Meltas, Combiflamer, Power Weapon, Mastercrafted, rosarius
She will run with a foot unit and add her considerable assistance to them.

Troops
Squad 1 237
Squad has Frags
7 Sisters with Bolters
2 Sisters with melta guns
VSS BOSL Bolter Meltas
Rhino Smoke EZ, Blessed Ammo, Dozer Blades

Squad 2 237
Squad has Frags
7 Sisters with Bolters
2 Sisters with melta guns
VSS BOSL Bolter Meltas

Squad 3 235
Squad has Frags
7 Sisters with Bolters
1 Sister Heavy flamer
1 Sister flamer
VSS BOSL Bolter Meltas

Squad 4 235
Sqaud has Frags
7 Sisters with Bolters
1 Sister Heavy flamer
1 Sister flamer
VSS BOSL Bolter Meltas

Squad 5 204
Squad has Frags
14 Sisters with Bolters
VSS BOSL Bolter Meltas

Squad 6 204
Squad has Frags
14 Sisters with Bolters
VSS BOSL Bolter Meltas

Fast Attack
Squad has meltas
10 Seraphim 314
7 Sisters with Twin Bolt Pistols
2 Sisters with Twin Hand flamers
VSS with BOSL, Eviscerator

Heavy Support
10 Retributors 191
5 Sisters with Bolters
4 Sisters with heavy Bolters
VSS with BOSL, Bolter Auspex
I figure that the Auspex is solid and the extra point of LD cannot be a bad thing

Exorcist 145
EA, Dozer blade

Exorcist 145
EA, Dozer Blade

total is 2444, I could slap some SB on the exorcist to take that off when/if it gets a Weapon Destroyed. Again this is a first try and I want to have a good time, shoot the crap out of the enemy and if anything else happens then this is a plus for me. Not sure what to do with the extra points, though about Power weapons on the VSS could add other wargear. This is every sister I own so extra bodies is out at the moment. would love the have Heavy flamers flamers in the Foot blocks but I do not have them at this time.

Thanks for reading.

Gub

Oderint Dum Metuant

Let them hate as long as they fear.

http://gubnutz.livejournal.com/ Check out my Live Journal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-02-10, 10:25 PM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

Welcome back to the game. Always good to see more Witch Hunters Cleanse some heretics for me.

Some comments on your army choices:

HQ:
Cannoness 181 points: She is pricey, and something a lot of SoB players don't realize is that a Blessed Weapon is a two-hander (which means you might as well leave the Plasma pistol at home). Also not unimportant as you're planning to add her to a Seraphim squad, the squad loses it's Hit and Run rule when you do. Given that you have some points left, it might be worth considering to change her out for Saint Celestine ( just not sure you HAVE her, or any models beyond those listed, though you might get away with a Counts As?). As an added bonus, you'd then be allowed to bring a Blessed Weapon for your remaining Cannoness as the Ardent Blade doesn't count against the 1 / army limit

Second Cannoness, as you're obviously accepting that she's likely going to get into Close Combat, I'd suggest grabbing a Celestian squad either as a retinue or elite choice (and maybe mount them all in an Immolator). For a handful of points difference, Holy Hatred and the added WS will likely be worth it if CC happens. Another amusing option ( well, for you, not so much for your opponent) is adding her to a large Battle Sister squad and bringing Litanies of Faith to cheat on a Faith test at a critical time, but even if you pull it off well this'll only work on any given opponent once Litanies of Faith may well be worth it in any case, as it's effectively a free Faith point.

Troops:
That's a lot of Sisters... I like that. Not sure whether it'll always be effective, but it's going to look awesome I'm not sure you need quite that many Books or Melta Grenades... You may want to reconsider their rides as well. The Dozer Blades are only going to be worth it if there's a lot of terrain in the way, and 10-point Blessed Ammunition seems wasted on the Rhino's single Storm Bolter. I'd suggest dropping both those upgrades. Alternatively, add a Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter so the Blessed Ammunition has twice the impact. Extra Armour is always good. Hunter-killer missiles, while expensive, might prove amusing.

Overall, the Sisters' version of the Rhino... kinda sucks (Compare to the 35-point SM one, which has Smoke/Searchlight INCLUDED in that and has an additional firepoint). Note that you can drop a Battle Sister squad or two in favor of smaller Celestian and/or Dominion squads and mount those in Immolators, but I'm not sure whether you've got models for those. Compared to the Rhino, I've always considered the 15 additional points to get the Twin Heavy Flamers a good deal.

Fast Attack:
You've got extra room here, so it's possible to break up the Seraphim into two squads and get an extra VSS and Faith point. Two squads of Seraphim can be in two places at once. Admittedly, that also means they can be gunned down a little more easily if you're not careful. I'd say think about it and go with your gut feeling.

Heavy Support:
Yay Exorcists. Easily your best bet for killing off scary things at a safe distance (excluding Land Raiders, sadly. Bit of advice, have a plan for dealing with an SM LR Redeemer).

Retributors, you want the VSS for the Faith point, anyway. The fact that she can bring wargear is just a bonus. Not much to say about them otherwise, just make sure to set them up in a nice bit of cover.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-10, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input and the welcome. I will try to comment on the stuff you have added.

HQ w/ Jump Pack. I am not looking to add her to the unit just run along side them in order for her to get an option to bust heads with them and allow them to utilize the hit and run rule as well. She can also split off if needed and hit targets of Opportunity. The Advice on dropping the PP is solid though and I think that I will do so to grab some points.

HQ 2 I think i like the idea of taking LOF with her and running her in a 15 Sister foot squad for the win, however, I could grab a Retinue as well. I only have the sisters listed but if I break up the squads some I could afford to have her with a smaller retinue maybe.

Troops
I actually have 1 Rhino and 3 Immolator box sets. I could easily run 3 squads in Immolators do you suggest the Heavy flamers over the Heavy Bolters? This would mean that I had fewer troop choices but could allow for larger squads over all. Not sure. I took the grenades and books plus Meltas more because I have a crap ton of points than anything else. 2500 goes a long way when you have 1 troop choice. I have no elite units at all, owned anyway so I have to boost what I can I guess.

Fast Attacks. I have only 1 unit worth so I cannot field 2 units of 7 which is what I would like to do, oh well something to keep in mind I guess. Thanks for the input I just do not have the models.

heavy

What do you suggest for dealing with LR and LRR?

retributors I will upgrade and hope for some cover.

Thanks again.

Gub

Oderint Dum Metuant

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-10, 05:20 PM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

I like the flamer because most of the time I'll want the Immolator to be going as fast as it can, and because it's actually decently priced - compare the SM Razorback. Twin-linked Heavy Bolters always felt like a downgrade I had to pay for.

On the subject of Land Raiders, Redeemer or otherwise. At 2500 points, an SM player can relatively easily bring four of the things ( 3 as Heavy Support, 1 as a Terminator transport ). Getting at the Marines inside is going to be an issue.

You're going to have to trust mostly in your Seraphim, I think. Stay in cover until you can jump one, then bomb it and hope it doesn't explode so you can use the squad on the next one. The good(-ish) news is that normal LRs can't dish out THAT much damage to infantry, and the Crusader and Redeemers need to get closer. Try to box them in so they have to accept being shot at by Meltaguns one way or another.

Don't be afraid to use a Faith point or two if it gets rid of one (most likely Spirit of the Martyr to get close enough).

You can hope he tries to Tank Shock a squad, at which point you should have that VSS with MB go for Death or Glory - you're risking a bit of Ld but you're getting either a dead tank or a Faith point, neither of which is bad ;)

If you can spare Exorcist shots - though they're honestly better allocated against more fragile things, like Terminators - feel free to take a shot with one. You're unlikely to get anything out of it, but you might get (very) lucky. Just remember, if you can see the Land Raider, he can see you. Which is a problem if he's got lascannons.

Expect to meet some tank heavy armies - vehicles are more popular in this edition, and the newer Codexes tend to scale a bit better ( IG bringing a SQUADRON of 1-3 tanks or artillery pieces as a single HS choice, for one. Admittedly we can do the same thing with Penitent Engines, but srsly ).

The most annoying thing of it all is that we'd have a perfectly good weapon against that sort of thing if only we could put Repentia in a transport or otherwise assert some decent control over them As it is, they're sadly not worth bringing. And I like the models too

While we're on vehicles anyway... Weapon Destroyed results are allocated by the attacking party nowadays, which sucks if you're a Sister as both Exorcist and Immolator come with only one really good weapon.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-10, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

I thought that tanks would be somewhat of an issue. At this level the likelihood of seeing that many is a bit daunting. I think that you are right in the Seraphim being a solid choice, just gotta be careful and not let them get trashed after they do what they need to do.

As for the attacking party allocating the Weapon Destroyed results that is harsh. Looks like I better get what shots I can off with the Exorcists then.

I might actually not be able to attend the event which is Ok as I am not sure I would really be able to pull much off, due to lack of play time. I hate to take an army this size for my first time on the table in over 3 years anyway.

I will more than likely start a thread for a much smaller starter force and build this thing as a paint and play deal. Trying to go in bunches of around 500 at a time and eventually having 2500 painted.

I have 3 Immolators MIB as well as a Rhino on sprue that I am going to convert some. In addition I have all of the sisters listed so I think that I will build the Immolators as Rhinos with the option to add the turrets. I really appreciate the help with the list. I have been going between building my orks and the Sisters and I think I am going to go with sisters first since I have never played a shooty army (previous armies were Orks, Worldeaters, Word bearers, space Wolves, Templars) Will be nice to stay back and dump shots downwind for a change.

Anyway be on the look out for the 750 starter force as I would like to have your input at a smaller level.

Gub

Oderint Dum Metuant

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Adepta Sororitas Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode