Exorcist
-Extra armor
-Pintle storm bolter

Exorcist
-Extra armor
-Pintle storm bolter

1500 pts total
8 Faith points

The two SB squads are for rear support and covering fire for the Seraphim, Dominions and Canoness/Celestians. These will run and gun to objectives and the Exorcists obviously keep back for supporting fire as well.

Thoughts anyone?

Last edited by Gannon; 11-06-08 at 11:45 PM. Reason: list correction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-08, 12:16 AM

Not bad. I have been harping on the anti-celestian retinue thing for like 3 or different posts. I think dominions are better for the points if you insist on packing your Cannoness around with a small unit that will likely get crushed in a major melee, which is the Cannoness's only real good use.

See the other army post near the top of the list for more info on that.

Let me put it this way. The Cannoness is very expensive to be using her for ranged combat because she sucks at it. She's also too expensive to kill 1 or two grunts in some other troop unit before the celestians get totally waxed. Really the only useful thing she can do is #1 tie up some small unit that is bad at melee. #2 Kill the opponent's HQ units.

#2 is your most likely scenario. For that give her the blessed weapon, jump pack, litanies of faith, and the cloak. Hide her inside the seraphim unit until the time is right detach from the unit and deliver doom to some poor HQ unit. That is where she will be useful.

Also, I would ditch all the upgrades on your Exorcist. Let me put it this way, if your exorsist is close enough to another unit that it can reach it with a storm bolter... it is too close! Run away... shooting the whole time. If you don't have them running away form anything close to them all game then you are doing something wrong. Save your points. Save your points of the dang Rosarius too (Cannoness). The 2+ inv save she gets when she uses a faith point is far better. Again, if she is getting hit by weapons that are more than twice her toughness on a regular basis, then you did something wrong.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-08, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

Gannon's Flag is: USA

Interesting point on the Canoness. I'll reconfigure to give your suggestions a shot.

That will free up some points to take another Sisters squad from the Celestians or a Retributor Squad.

As for your view on the exorcists, I believe you are dead wrong. I can count at least 2 times in which I've had the Exorcist launcher blown off my tank and had the storm bolter keep the tank alive for another couple of turns to tank shock and ram. I've had numerous results on the damage table for stunned as well, which has left me able to move out of the way due to extra armor. Just last weekend I had a guy roll two weapon destroyed results which took my launcher and storm bolter. Same game the guy rolled 3 stunned results which were downgraded. This kept 1 exorcist from being immobilised and was able to tank shock for two more turns and another able to move after stunned results.

I've kept these two upgrades on the Exorcists for the cheapest and most effective way to save the exorcist from getting blown to bits in one or two turns. They're fire magnets in the games I play because everyone hates them!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-08, 01:43 AM

Welp. Could be.. but honestly neither of those upgrades save the tank in those situations. In all my games I have never lost an exorcist. Maybe I am just lucky.. or myabe I protect them well. But in either case I have never been able to even fire a storm bolter from them. If you are firing a storm bolter at troops, then you need to get the crap away. They should always be using terrain and only keeping firing arcs with a VERY limited number of units.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-08, 02:21 AM
Grey Knight Converter

asianavatar's Flag is: Canada

I say if you are really short on points the first thing that goes is the storm bolter on the exorcist, followed by the extra armour. They go along way to keep your exorcist alive to at least contest objectives, block fire lanes, keep it alive so opponent doesn't get a kill point etc. In this list I can see things that I would drop before the extra armour and storm bolter.

For the seraphim, an eviserator is a good idea. They tend to get close to dreadnoughts and vehicles. This makes them more threatening to vehicles and allows they to wound tougher targets. Remember meltabombs are useless against stuff like carnifexes and avatars.

Other than that, the list looks good. Just gotta tweak it a bit
I agree with Gannon. Canoness with jump pack in a seraphim unit going tank or character hunting is the way to go. I say drop the celestian retiinue. Replace with a normal drop squad.

I think you need more anti tank stuff. The normal set up for troop units are vet with a power weapon or eviserator and a heavy flamer and melta gun. I would try to have at least one of these as a troop choice. They are very versatile, especially if you can afford the eviserator.

I used to roll the dice, Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes

Quote:
I'm afraid there's no authoritative source for thinking you're an asshole
Aramoro
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-08, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

Gannon's Flag is: USA

@ pears-Sorry I just read my last post and came off as kind of a dick. I guess my experience has been a little different than yours. I frequently play against tau and have had a hard time dealing with his battlesuits with fusion blasters. Bloody deep striking and shooting the crap outta me. I'll be playing a little more defensively for the next game and my list reflects this.

I'll take both your advice and drop the pintle bolters and see how they run for me. As for the EA, I'll keep it on for now, as I've just had too many rolls on the damage table result with 'Crew Stunned' not to.

I didn't get a chance to go over the list again during lunch but I'll be able to do so later tonight.

Here's what I have available as possible substitutes. Keep in mind I'm playing tomorrow so its pretty much impossible to get anything else from where I am located (Japan).

1-10 sister Seraphim squad
2-Inquisitorial Storm Trooper Squads w/ 2-plasma Guns and Vet
2-Multi Laser/Hull HB Chimeras
1-10 repentia squad w/ mistress
6-arcoflagellants
3-Penitent engines
2-Multi melta sisters (could be proxied for HF)
1-HB sister (same as above)
3-4 Flamer sisters
3-Penitent engines
1-Priest
1-Inquisitor Fydor Karamov (or whatever his name is)
1-St. Celestine

That's about it, I'll have to check when I get home tonight. Thanks for the advice!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-08, 05:27 AM

I hear ya. Its cool. The other guy who suggested taking points with your exorcist? That's just crazy talk right there.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-08, 05:29 AM

Well the SB on the ex is debatable, the EA though, it just so cheap and good when you need it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Adepta Sororitas Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode