Tried something fun and new this weekend! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-03-08, 06:01 AM Thread Starter

Gannon's Flag is: USA

Default Tried something fun and new this weekend!

Well I decided to give a Witch Hunters list that didn't include any Adeptus Sororitas units in it. Here was my list:

1750-The Retribution
HQ

Inquisitor Lord Fydor Krymonov

Priest
-Master-Crafted Eviscerator (with Repentia)
-Carapace Armor

ELITES

9-Repentia
1-Mistress
(Priest attached)

6-Arcoflagellants

1-Eversor Assassin

TROOPS

5-Inquisitorial Storm Troopers x 2
-Plasma Gun

4-Inquisitorial Storm Troopers
-Plasma Gun
1-Veteran Sgt
-Bolter
-Auspex
-Melta Bombs
1-Chimera
-Extra Armor

4-Inquisitorial Storm Troopers
-Plasma Gun
1-Veteran Sgt
-Plasma Pistol
-Power Sword
-Melta Bombs
1-Chimera
-Extra Armor

HEAVY

Exorcist x 2
-Extra Armor
-Pintle Storm Bolter

2-Penitent Engines

Now I know what you all are thinking, "why would he do this to himself" and the answer is in the post subject. For something different and fun! Okay so now that you're question is answered I gotta say I played against Tau and got wiped clean off the board. By turn 5 I had an immobilised Chimera left on the board Although there were a few points of interest in the game, one being that a single Penitent engine was able to kill 3 Pirahanas and 2 Gun Drones with its heavy flamer. That was quite funny.

Okay now it's time for me to open the list up for critique. I know I need to do something big with the troops selections. I was thinking about dropping the two Chimera squads in favor of 2 larger Storm trooper squads carrying 2 PG's each. If I did that I would probably drop the Arco's as well and take a couple of Allied Space Marine squads. That would give me a little more staying power and also make my opponent think twice about target prioritization.

I was also looking at dropping the Special Character for a normal Shooty Inquisitor Lord.

There is one rule I'd like to stick to with this list. No Adeptus Sororitas! For those that don't know who that is it's Sisters Heroines, Celestines, Battle Sister Squads, Dominions, Seraphims, and Retrubiton Squads.

Other than that, have at it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-03-08, 01:25 PM
Grey Knight Converter

asianavatar's Flag is: Canada

Funny that exorcists are not considered Adeptus Soroitas.

Drop the Inquisitor special character. Take

Inquisitor lord. Make him somewhat cheap, power weapon, rosarius and maybe that shooting psychic power. Take a plasma cannon and two heavy bolters. Than fill in the rest of the retinue with support troops. Two sages, two medics, familiar and maybe acolytes with bolters and carapiece armour if you want.

I would say you want at least 4 troop choices. Normally three should be enough, but even though they are storm troopers, they die pretty easily. I would try and keep the chimeras but boost the numbers to 10 in each. Some space marine tactical squads would be a good choice if you drop the Acros. Not sure if they are cheaper or not, but a few Death cult assassins might be useful just to get up the board quick and harass units. Personally, I wouldn't use repentia, but it seems like you have them there for more fluff purposes which is fine.

I used to roll the dice, Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes

Quote:
I'm afraid there's no authoritative source for thinking you're an asshole
Aramoro
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-04-08, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Gannon's Flag is: USA

True, I was thinking Tac squads as well but have to wait until my copy of the new SM codex comes in. I'll be posting an alternate of the list once I get it and will go from there.

It really was a waste due to the fact that the special Character got instant killed when he failed his save against a S10 Pulse Cannon. He bit the dust in the first turn.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Adepta Sororitas Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode