List I used this past weekend (1500) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-08, 02:26 AM Thread Starter

Gannon's Flag is: USA

Default List I used this past weekend (1500)

Well I used this list this past weekend and wiped out a Tyranid player. Let me know your thoughts on what I can do to round out the force. I'm playing non-tourney friendly games only.

HQ
Canonness
Cloak
Book
Eviscerator
Bolt Pistol
Rosarius
Celestian Squad x 9
Storm Bolter x 2
Rhino

ELITE
Sisters Repentia x 10

TROOPS
Sisters Squad x 11
Flamers x 2
VSS
Book
Plasma Pistol

Sisters Squad x 11
Flamers x 2
VSS
Book
Power Weapon

Sisters Squad x 11
Storm Bolters x 2
VSS
Book
Plasma Pistol

Inquisitorial Storm Troopers x 10
Plasma Guns x 2
Veteran Sgt.
Chimera

FAST ATTACK
Seraphim x 10
Hand Flamers x 2
VSS
Book
Power Weapon
Plasma Pistol

HEAVY
Exorcist x 2
Extra Armor
Pintle SB

This is from what I remember so please don't quote me exactly. It should be 1500 exactly. I have these units available for use as well.

Priest
Penitent Engines x 3
Arco Flagellants x 6
Inquisitor x 2
Inquisitor Krymnov (Dreadnought Dude)
Saint Celestine
Immolator w/ HF
Retributor Squad w/ 2 MM and 1 HB
Inquisitorial Storm Troopers W Vet and Chimera
Various other Sisters (no HF)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-08, 06:07 AM

BloodANgels89's Flag is: USA

Looks great, I'd just drop on sister out of each of the squads you have to put them in a rhino. Also, the repentia squads may not be the best choices, nor the inquisitorial storm troopers. I'd take each out for one more sister squad in rhino, and another canonnes, those faith points are essential.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-08, 12:03 PM
Grey Knight Converter

asianavatar's Flag is: Canada

HQ

Maybe a plasma pistol on the Canoness. With her saves, overheating and causing a wound is not likely. Swap out the storm bolters for something else.

Elites

Drop the Repentia, they are a point sink and I think they die too quickly for what they cost.

Troops

Drop the plasma pistols, you don't want those Vets dying from overheating and lose the faithful rule on those squads. Eviserators or at least power weapons would be good in those squads. Also heavy flamer, melta gun is the best combination for troops squad special weapons (if you can get hold of some heavy flamers, or convert them)

Fast Attack

Give your Vet an eviserator to go tank hunting and maybe the whole squad armed with meltabombs. Not sure if you need ten in the squad, seem a little high.

Heavy support

No issues here.

I used to roll the dice, Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes

Quote:
I'm afraid there's no authoritative source for thinking you're an asshole
Aramoro

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-08, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianavatar View Post
HQ

Maybe a plasma pistol on the Canoness. With her saves, overheating and causing a wound is not likely. Swap out the storm bolters for something else.

Elites

Drop the Repentia, they are a point sink and I think they die too quickly for what they cost.

Troops

Drop the plasma pistols, you don't want those Vets dying from overheating and lose the faithful rule on those squads. Eviserators or at least power weapons would be good in those squads. Also heavy flamer, melta gun is the best combination for troops squad special weapons (if you can get hold of some heavy flamers, or convert them)

Fast Attack

Give your Vet an eviserator to go tank hunting and maybe the whole squad armed with meltabombs. Not sure if you need ten in the squad, seem a little high.

Heavy support

No issues here.
Thanks for the input AA.

HQ
On the Canoness-I've sunk so many points into her it's a little hard for me to justify giving her anything else, but I'll play a few more games with her and see. I'll try swapping the SB's for Flamers.

ELITE
I was able to kill a Land Raider with Repentia recently so I'll probably keep them in the list for now. Just as a reward you know

TROOPS
I actually can't recall a time when the plasma pistols did anything so I'll be trading those out for power weapons as suggested. I know what you are saying about the HF thing. I can't seem to be able to find any nowadays. It's all right though I'l make due with what I have now until I can get some. MG's are in the same boat for me. I figured that I may just use the SB's for the objective holding squads near my deployment zone. As it seems that SB's are the longest ranged option for the unit.

FA
I was thinking about dropping the Storm Troopers and replacing it with a squad of flamer toting Dominions in an Immolator? Not sure on the points cost but I'm assuming it would be about the same.

I'll try dropping the number of Seraphim to 8 and finding the points for the eviscerator and MB's

Will post a new list once I've finished tweaking...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-08, 09:11 AM
Mad Mek

Churlton's Flag is: England

It is definitely designed for 'Nids .. or orks, IG (with no armour) etc..
Even MEQs would be hard pushed if you got the DG AoF timed right.
But come up against Tanks/ Dreads, you need a smattering of meltas (? replace one special with them and add a couple of HF).

Mobility is the next point, a couple of rhinos for the SoB.

Asianavatar makes good points, and your tweaks should help.

The Dominions are a big gamble, but to get the most of them (for MEQ) with all flamer combo is to add an Imagifer to help with DG. Even more costly then.

A few Power Weapons on the VSS (swap for Plasma pistols) is the most basic point raised.

SB in the celestians is really a waste, they are likely to be in the thick of things so templates are probably best (1 flamer at least, with melta). Also think about using that "Hatred", I know there is no need for the "Faith" but upgrade to VSS for a power weapon; an eviscerator even!

Unfortunately I think it is the Repentia that could be sacrificed for these bits.

"No plan survives contact with the enemy" ......... "Aint that the truth!"
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-08, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Sorry for not posting an update on this list yet, I've been hard at work painting up a couple of teams for Blood Bowl for this upcoming weekend. I'll do so as soon as I have time. I'm about 60% done with 4 days to go.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Adepta Sororitas Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode