Coming back to the game, Need some help! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-14, 03:18 AM Thread Starter

Default Coming back to the game, Need some help!

Im looking to come back after a hiatus of a few years. I want to start collecting and building a competitive Sisters list. Need some advice on units to start with. Want to start slow since the cost of the units is so much higher than normal. Also how would I acquire the codex for them? Kind of confused on that end. Any help on useful unit composition and which kits is appreciated.

*After seducing another man's woman and while leaving the bar with her on my arm*

"I know what you're thinking. 'How the hell did he manage to take her from me!? How!? How could it possibly happen to me?' Well, son, there's only one answer to that.

"Tactical. Genius"

*Leave bar*

CREEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDD!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-14, 07:08 AM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldleader23 View Post
Im looking to come back after a hiatus of a few years. I want to start collecting and building a competitive Sisters list. Need some advice on units to start with. Want to start slow since the cost of the units is so much higher than normal. Also how would I acquire the codex for them? Kind of confused on that end. Any help on useful unit composition and which kits is appreciated.
You can buy the codex from black library as an e-book, either for an ipad or an e-reader/phone/tablet.

Once you have it i'd put a list together and i'm sure our SoB players will be happy to critique.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-14, 07:50 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldleader23 View Post
Any help on useful unit composition and which kits is appreciated
First of all, welcome back to the forums!

If you're looking for good army setups, there should be plenty of things to read through in our Adepta Sororitas Army List subsection. If you are in doubt after reading them, try making a list and I'm sure the Sisters players will happily help you out - I don't play them and I have never played against them, so I would be a sore help

Good luck!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-14, 08:48 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

The codex you can buy in pdf if you need it.
Since you are starting from 0 i' suggest to go for the basics:
12 sisters (4 with meltas) and two immolators with multimeltas, plus a canoness and uriah jacobus, wich is a good "unit booster" hq, given his abilities.

Then maybe some repentia with another immolator for nasty cc or a Retributor squad with heavy bolters (since melta spam is nearly achieved) for anti infantry support.

Just my two cents.
Trust not the Xeno.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-14, 06:42 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Welcome back to the fold

@Zion , you're up buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-14, 06:55 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

From personal experiance the Canoness can be a bit iffy. She's not bad at lower points where you're not likely to see well equipped Chapter Masters and the like but her limitations (no 2+ save, only 1 relic period) and her fairly steep points costs means she's going to see your shelf more often unless you refuse to use special characters.

Personally I've had the best luck playing the army like an Imperial version of the Eldar: every unit has a job, and as long as you stick to it you'll probably do alright.

In addition to that, generally speaking: take Sisters over upgrades for they are squishy and a 3+ save only goes so far, and Exorcists are a pain to put together but they're worth it in terms of fire-power potential. Retributors aren't bad but they can only Rend one time (twice if you take an upgrade, 3x if you take Jacobus and that upgrade and no one kills them before then). Dominions are honestly a good choice with melta and their scout move + ignores cover they can help kill off enemy tanks early in the game, and lastly pretty much nothing in the "Elites" section is worth taking anymore since they nerfed Repentia again.

Hope that rambling bit of info helps!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-25-14, 07:35 PM

The problem with what you asked for was you said competitively.

Adepta Sororitas may be the least competitive codex out at this time, so if you are up for a real challenge or didn't really mean truly competitive (like winning tournaments), then Zion's list advice is good.

Typically people take at most 1 unit of Seraphim (usually close to the minimum of 5 where 2 of them have the 2 hand flamers) and then 2-3 dominion squads with MM immolators (most view the flamer versions as shit since you can't move more than 6" and still use the flamer). So:

3 dominion squads with MM immolators, usually with meltaguns but maybe flamers are ok (you could sub in a unit of Seraphim if you like)
3 Exorcists
rest of list, usually I put just flamer and Heavy Flamer on the troops, for the love of the Emperor do not take power weapons on S3, T3, I3, A1 models.
Also generally I frown on spending +10 points for +1 LD and +1 A.

Wife: "How much do you have invested in these ... miniatures?"

Me: "I don't think invested is the right word."
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-14, 09:01 PM
shanewatts's Flag is: USA

Welcome back. As the others said before me making a competitive list is a near impossibility, however some truths are still around. Going to list things that you should look at getting, not in any particular order.

Take 3 exorcists (obviously buy them as you go, they are pricey and a pain to put together) since the other heavy support choices just aren't as point efficient and don't fulfill the same role.

2+ immolators for your dominion squads to cruise in (1 Sister Superior w/boltgun, 4 sisters w/melta, X2 squads.) ****Note : extra immos are good for regular sisters troop squads as well****

3+ Sister Superiors, since you need em in each squad choice (at least the ones worth taking at this point.)

8+ sisters with boltguns (2 minimum size squads, obviously with the superior from above.)

2+ sisters with flamer

2+ sisters with heavy flamer

Celestine/Uriah/Canoness (Even though she isn't as good as she used to be, I still use Celestine in every game, she is excellent at denying your opponent a VP for slay the warlord assuming you don't run her at every unit you see.)

5 seraphim (3 with bolt pistols, 2 with hand flamers. These are your Celestine tag along crew.)

If you are really serious about playing sisters "full time" be prepared for a steep learning curve, it will take some time to really see where you need to be.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-14, 06:22 AM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

Bah, Exorcists are easy enough to put together given the right tools, it just happens that neither 'hammer' nor 'pincer' is a tool usually seen as 'right' when working with models. They're still rather handy in my experience for getting the base of the pipes into the shape it's supposed to be rather than the one it actually comes in

Now then, some advice for our OP @goldleader23 ... Read the Adepta Sororitas Tactics bits on the latest Codex by @shanewatts and yours truly, including comments, and you'll have a decent overview of what the situation is.

All of @Zion 's advice is wise and should be considered carefully.

Trust not @neferhet 's suggestion of Repentia, because that's a suggestion only made due to influence by the Dark Gods.

@Suijin already warned you to beware of Power Weapons, though this is only a sad truth since we're paying the same costs as Space Marines for our CC weapons now.

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-14, 10:01 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandathe View Post
Trust not @neferhet 's suggestion of Repentia, because that's a suggestion only made due to influence by the Dark Gods.
Well they are so kinky and naked....mmmh....giant chaintsaws and tits...the perfect recipe for a snuff movie in space...

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Adepta Sororitas Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode