HQ
Coteaz

Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor - Servo Skulls x3 Power Armor, The Liber Heresius

Elite
Henchmen Warband - Warriors x5 Melta x3 Bolters x2
Valkyrie - Helstrike Missiles, Lascannon

Fortification
Bastion w/ Icarus Lascannon

Total 1849 Scoring units 5. Codex used 3.

Cannoness and Unnamed Inq ride with a Sisters squads in the Immolators. Command Squad and Coteaz in the Bastion. Sisters press forward while the Flyers give support. Exo's drop indiscriminate death. Melta's for everyone. Coteaz is the warlord.

Thoughts?

Grey Knights and Dark Angels Project

Thousand Sons
Grey Knights
Imperial Knights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-13, 05:56 PM
shanewatts's Flag is: USA

I like this idea, I have been trying to make a variation of it myself.

However I see a few things that could be an issue.

1. 99% sure the generic INQ can't ride in the immo with the sisters, so there could be a problem there. (He can only ride in transports from his detachment)

2. Coteaz (who I assume is manning the lascannon) with the Command squad in the bastion, but you have the command squad with meltas. I don't think they are going to be in range of much at all, and you have to have your opponent be silly enough to drive a vehicle close to it to function. It seems like giving them meltas is a waste if that is where they will be.

3. I would be worried that you don't seem to have anti-horde in this list, all melta/las and a few bolters.

I think its a start though.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-13, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Brother Droopy's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanewatts View Post

1. 99% sure the generic INQ can't ride in the immo with the sisters, so there could be a problem there. (He can only ride in transports from his detachment)

You're right it can't. Wrote the list while too tired to really be posting. He'll have to go with Coteaz or in the Valk. He's really there just for skulls anyways.

2. Coteaz (who I assume is manning the lascannon) with the Command squad in the bastion, but you have the command squad with meltas. I don't think they are going to be in range of much at all, and you have to have your opponent be silly enough to drive a vehicle close to it to function. It seems like giving them meltas is a waste if that is where they will be.

The Melta's are just there to be scary really and a threat to an objective

3. I would be worried that you don't seem to have anti-horde in this list, all melta/las and a few bolters.

Exorsists are anti horde in spades. That plus the flamers and heavy bolters should be able to kill most horde lists I face.
Thanks for Replying. I'm still trying to tweak this list. Cho gave me the idea for this list. Just trying to make it work.

Grey Knights and Dark Angels Project

Thousand Sons
Grey Knights
Imperial Knights

Last edited by Brother Droopy; 12-06-13 at 09:28 PM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-13, 05:44 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

I think you may be in a grey area in the rules, as the ]I[ is an allied battle brother to the Sisters, he can join the unit. He then should be able to board the now native transport. Then, on the other hand, allies can't board allied transports.

I'd consider a Heavy Bolter Retributor unit in there somewhere, as anti-horde is a factor. Exorcists can't really hurt a 40 man ork unit. Assume 10 missiles a turn, you're not having killed a major amount of orks until turn 2, and likely they're assaulting on turn 2 or 3.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-12-13, 12:14 AM
shanewatts's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Droopy View Post
Exorsists are anti horde in spades. That plus the flamers and heavy bolters should be able to kill most horde lists I face.
I definitely would not consider exorcists anti horde at all, regardless of taking 3 (which I would certainly take 3 in my army as well). Also when you say flamers and heavy bolters are you talking about your 3 immolators, I don't see either anywhere else (except maybe 1 of the 2 on the chimaera too)? If so 3-4 is not really a lot either, especially since you can't snap shot with flamers (so if you move your immo/chimaera w/heavy flamer more than 6 inches, no shooting for you.)

Personally I'd be running flamers on either the sister squads, or the henchmen crew, or both. Having a good mix of melta/flamer I have found to work best. If you go melta heavy (like it seems) vs armies that rely on cover saves (Orks, IG, DE, etc) you are losing a ton of potential kills. That AP1 is nullified by that ADL wall or the ruin they are hiding in.

If you are banking on your exorcists to kill hordes and you have 2 bad turns (d6 shots can be awful when your dice say no) you are going to be in a world of hurt when they get to you. Sure, if you have bad rolls with other units its going to be hard as well, but it only takes 3 bad rolls for your exorcists to do next to nothing (when you roll that d6 shots). If you have a unit of 4 heavy bolters (not that I like retributors very much) you have to roll 12 bad rolls. Not to mention that 12 shots are from 1 unit, vs 3 tanks that are fairly close in point costs on a 1 tank to 1 ret squad basis.

Sorry if I seem overly negative, I am just trying to relay what I have seen from the games I have played.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Adepta Sororitas Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode