2k SOB Semi Competitive Gunline - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-13, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

furyion's Flag is: USA

Default 2k SOB Semi Competitive Gunline

With Raging Hero's release of the Toughest Girls in the Galaxy line (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-of-the-galaxy), I have decided that I'm going to build a Sisters of Battle army.

I want this to be able to hold its own in semi competitive play, and maybe in tournaments. I wrote my list to be fun to use but effective, so there are certain things I would rather not change due to the fact that I really like how they work. I generally use footslogger gunlines, but this time I decided that I need to mix in the mech to counter the lack of long range anti tank. I'll explain the unit choices and functions after the list.

Sisters of Battle
HQ
Confessor (plasma gun) 90
Confessor (plasma gun) 90
Troops
Battle Sister Squad ( heavy bolter, 2x storm bolter) 136
o Immolator (multimelta)80
Fast Attack
Dominion Squad (2x meltas) 90
Dominion Squad (2x meltas) 90
Heavy Support
Exorcist (stombolter) 145
Retributor Squad (+5, 4x heavy bolters, Simulacrum Imperialis) 165
Retributor Squad (+5, 4x heavy bolters, Simulacrum Imperialis) 165

I break my lists into 3 parts: the base, the heavy firepower, and the attack column.

Base: stable chunk of units that the army operates off of.
5x Sisters Squads. I loaded these up to be my main anti infantry. Usually they have held the line for the first couple turns then went for objectives in the late game.

Heavy Firepower: It is what it is
4x Immolators. I have been moving these up the sides of the board trying for side armor shots and staying out of other firing lanes. Usually they have done rather well and keep people on their toes.
Exorcist: Definitely a heavy hitter. D6 8 1 missile per turn can be sooo much fun. sits back and does its job.
2x Retributors: This is one of my fun units. 4 heavy bolters so good for anti infantry, but with their act of faith this can and has handled av12 easily. threw in the Simulacrum Imperialis to make the act of faith more likely.
2x Confessors: I like cheap hqs that boost abilities and can be helpful while not drawing all of the fire. 90pts for a bs5 plasma gun that sits with the Retributors, shoots away, and makes their act of faith more likely to happen.

Attack Column: Aggressive mobile units
2x Dominions in their Immolators: With the scout special rule these become a lot of fun. Either getting a scout move or outflanking really makes this a unit to worry about. When these come in from outflank and unload three melta shots on a tank it makes my day.

Let me know what you think, I have yet to start purchasing so the list is up for change, but I like the way it plays so will test things before deciding to change. I really appreciate any feedback, helps get things lined out faster. Thank you.

If you are normal the crowd will accept you...
If you are deranged the crowd will make you thier leader.

Quote:
With my luck I will roll 3 1's but fail 4 armour saves, trip over a hormagaunt and kill myself.
- MadCowCrazy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-09-13, 01:46 AM

One problem you may run into is all your troops are footslogging it around out of transports. You are going to have problems taking and holding objectives or just moving your troops where they are needed.

Any hell turkey is going to fry the shit out of your troops. Other things are going to hard on them as well out of transports.

Generally I have always been underwhelmed by heavy bolters, mostly talking about the troops squads with them. Also the new 6th ed rules for rapid fire make spending those extra points for storm bolters not especially effective. Storm bolters would be better on a squad you want to assault with (since they are assault weapons) and we have nothing that can do that.

As a gunline army 20 sisters teamed up with Jacobus wouldn't be horrible, 3+ with FNP and stubborn could be ok in most situations.

I like the concept you are going for, let us know more results you get with it.

Wife: "How much do you have invested in these ... miniatures?"

Me: "I don't think invested is the right word."
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-09-13, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

furyion's Flag is: USA

I have managed to get some test games in with this sisters list, and the results have been good.

Both games were against Chaos Marines, one against a Thousand Sons list and one against Noise Marines. Both games ended with the Marines tabled in turn 5.
Having my vehicles target enemy vehicles and other long range units has worked well, that many st8 ap1 shots can really put a dent in an army.
Mobility has not really been an issue, I always play infantry lists. I know that I have to move for objectives so just wind up snap shooting the heavy bolter in the squads that go forward. Stormbolters are questionable, I may drop those.
The Dominions have been doing well, I have been scouting them and doing some decent damage off the bat. Then the squad draws fire whille more important things are getting in position.

I will let you guys know of any more progress, feel free to ask any questions or post advice.

If you are normal the crowd will accept you...
If you are deranged the crowd will make you thier leader.

Quote:
With my luck I will roll 3 1's but fail 4 armour saves, trip over a hormagaunt and kill myself.
- MadCowCrazy

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Adepta Sororitas Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode