Anyone tried this yet? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-20-12, 03:35 AM Thread Starter

Default Anyone tried this yet?

Uriah, a Canoness, a priest with eviscerator, and 20 battle sisters walk into a bar...

seriously though, think about it. preferred enemy, stubborn, extra initiative , +1 attack, feel no pain, re-roll faith points, re-roll failed faith, re-roll hits on charge...
I feel like I just pigged out on special rules. The overlapping abilities with lots of characters is just begging to be exploited.

Oh yeah... the punchline to the joke is 6 penitent engines and 20 more sisters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-21-12, 12:46 PM

Sounds.... interesting.

Do let us know how it works out for you!

A fan of the clasics; MK VI power armour for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-21-12, 02:29 PM
Grey Knight Converter

asianavatar's Flag is: Canada

Seems like its a lot to put into one close combat squad which is not where you want to be. The most I would do is put Jacobus in a 20 man squad and just use it as a big shooting unit and hope that the feel no pain and +1A is good in a pinch if you get charged.

I used to roll the dice, Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes

Quote:
I'm afraid there's no authoritative source for thinking you're an asshole
Aramoro

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-21-12, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianavatar View Post
Seems like its a lot to put into one close combat squad which is not where you want to be
Well I don't think he means that its going to be a game winner, but as a "just for fun unit" it would be interesting to see how it does. I mean its kind of like having Kantor and Tigerious in a unit of 10 assault terminators for SM. Its bones of 800 points but it kicks out a lot of heavy attacks that ignore armour and cause instant death(most of the time...) and force your opponent to re-roll invulnerable saves and can teleport around the battlefield and have 2+ AS and 3+ IS. Again, its not a game winner but its fun! =D And we've all done it, taking the stupidly expensive super-unit that can dish it and take it

OP, try it and get back to us because even if you loose horribly its a fun idea and hopefully will have your opponent going "what the heck am I gonna do about this monster?!?!?!" for a turn or two.

In addition OP; I love the "all in", the "balls deep", "page 5: play like you've got a pair" approach. Excellent.

A fan of the clasics; MK VI power armour for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-03-12, 06:22 PM
Arcane's Flag is: USA

The problem with this is that the squad will get annihilated by a unit with higher init like Banshees/Death cults etc. Or it will be killed by something with sufficiently high toughness or armor that they cannot effectively strike it. And better pick up all your models if your opponent has a furioso dreadnaught.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-03-12, 10:24 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

If you can't hurt it, you can leave combat. If you get charged by something like a dread, let the priest die...

It looks like an immense amount of fun. Just remember you don't get preferred enemy in the shooting phase (yet). How much would that bundle cost pointswise?

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-06-12, 09:24 PM
Grey Knight Converter

asianavatar's Flag is: Canada

I think its around 450 with no squad upgrades.

I used to roll the dice, Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes

Quote:
I'm afraid there's no authoritative source for thinking you're an asshole
Aramoro
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-07-12, 02:58 AM
Arcane's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
If you can't hurt it, you can leave combat. If you get charged by something like a dread, let the priest die...
You mean let yourself fall back then regroup by faith test? That could work but you risk getting swept and losing the entire unit.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-13, 06:00 PM

Furyou Miko's Flag is: England

Priest can kill a Dreadnought easily. >>

Also, the Battle Sisters' AoF is basically preferred enemy for the shooting phase ;)

I'd suggest throwing Jacobus in there as well as the other two characters, for maximum lols.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-23-13, 07:01 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Don't forget that the Characters -have- to move towards the front every round of combat. That's a rule that really hurts Uriah as he doesn't -want- to be in the front as he's easy to pop.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Adepta Sororitas Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode