Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Dreadknight

2K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  arumichic 
#1 ·
So i gave up the battle and bought the dreadknight kit. I have an old renegade mechanicus force that i had put together years ago. Using the old witchunters and demonhunters dexes. Anyway with the introduction of the new GK dex they have been revived and so far have played quite well. The Dreadknight grabbed my interest as a conversion opportunity. I have knocked it together over the course of the weekend and i quite like the kit. I just hope people like what i did with it.

It certainly looks like the sort of thing the mechanicus would tinker with so i removed the gk crewman and replaced him with a wired in servitor. The extra arm pivots look far more appropriate as weapon hardpoints. Well thats my opinion anyway. There is plenty of work left to do but as a concept i think it fits the bill.

See less See more
#2 ·
I think that this conversion looks very good. It sort of reminding me of the Knights of Taranis from Mechanicum, HH. Small walkers, but big enough to make a letal dent in most thing. So looking forward to the conclusion of the project.
And have some rep.

#4 ·
Awesome! Huge improvement over the original design. I agree, the legs could use some armor plates, nothing really advanced, you could probably make it out of plasticard. I'd also add something on the backs of the hands, as the empty flat areas the weapons are supposed to mount to are a little boring. And add some Mechanicus symbols.

Great conversion though! I like it a lot! +rep

#6 ·
Just a little tweaking and it looks infinitely more interesting then the original model. My one problem with it is that the sword honestly strikes me as being out of place. When you've got twin cannons rigged to your shoulders and manly robot fists like that, the sword just feels a little redundant. Otherwise, absolutely kickass!

#11 ·
yes, you are, locust.

#13 ·
I gave it a lick of paint over the weekend and it seems to have come up ok. There are a few bits to tidy up and i forgot the skull and cog symbol on the back. I have decided to add a set of chains and skulls to the back but that will come later.

I am pretty happy with it. It looks like something a crazy techpriest might cook up as the 'Ultimate' servitor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.