Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Favorite Characters - Any Media
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-24-11, 08:02 AM Thread Starter
Hurricane
Curiouser and Curiouser

Default Favorite Characters - Any Media

I don't know if any of you have seen the show Code Geass before, but OH MY GOD it was so amazing and to anyone who has a prejudice toward anime I urge you to watch it. I was often skeptical of it too until I was recommended this show and I am simply astounded at its depth. But I digress, the main reason for this thread is so we can all share our favorite characters from whatever media they belong to!

Jay Gatsby (The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald) - I have a big soft spot for romantic characters and this guy is the pinnacle of that ideal for me. There just isn't enough of that in the world today and I try to reread this novel once a year just so that it stays fresh in my mind. Conversely, I cannot think of a character I despise more than Daisy!

Buffy (Buffy the Vampire Slayer by Joss Whedon) - I'm a huge Whedon fan and Buffy has been with me through thick and thin ever since I was younger. One of the reasons I prefer television series to movies is that I can stick with a character for a long time and watch as they mature. Even though Buffy goes through all these supernatural experiences, I still feel like I can empathize you know? Can people have fictional characters be their heroes? If so, she is definitely mine.

Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass) - I am astounded at the complexity of this character and I never thought I would say that about an animated television show. I'm having trouble even attempting to characterize him as there are so many facets to his person. I know trying to wrap him up in a neat little summary won't do him justice so I seriously urge anyone out there who is looking for a deep show to check out Code Geass (just look it up online as there are tons of hosting sites) and make sure to watch the English Dub as it's excellent!

Runners up:
- Any main cast member from the West Wing.
- Whiskey from Dollhouse
- Snape from Harry Potter
- Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly
- Quentin Compson from The Sound and the Fury
- Wesley, Angel, Spike, Willow, and Giles from Buffyverse

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome