Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Lucifers Legion army list (1750pts)
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-01-11, 05:27 PM
Tim/Steve
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

EDIT- damn ninja's coming out of the shadows Most of what I say parrots Chaos40kAD but I'll leave it in anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wathier View Post
I thought I'd post my list to see if it will work well or not:

1 Bloodthirster (HQ) 270pts
Unholy might
fine, but blessing of the blood god is a must have with the rise of psychic powers and the release of the new GK dex.

3 Bloodcrushers of Khorne (Elites) 150pts
Icon, instrument

3 Bloodcrushers of Khorne (Elites) 150pts
Icon, instrument
fine

5 Plaguebearers of Nurgle (Troops) 75pts

5 Plaguebearers of Nurgle (Troops) 75pts
always useful

5 Bloodletters of Khorne (Troops) 80pts

5 Bloodletters of Khorne (Troops) 80pts
5 is just too small for bloodletters, combine them into 1 unit and they should work ok

10 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (Troops) 195pts
Icon

10 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (Troops) 195pts
Icon
I normally use 5 with bolt but if you want the anti-infantry firepower then these units certainly have it. Surely its worth throwing in the changeling. He's so cheap you might as well, and his ability is pretty awesome.

1 Daemon Prince of Chaos (Heavy Support) 160pts
Bolt of Tzeench
Daemonic Gaze

1 Daemon Prince of Chaos (Heavy Support) 160pts
Bolt of Tzeench
Daemonic Gaze
Most people leave off the gaze, but this is a decent build

Soulgrinder 160pts
Phlegm
I'm not a fan of having 1 vehicle in a list, but at least you have enough MCs to help split enemy anti-tank fire. Still, any metlas are going to be gunning for this guy. Personally I would just grab another prince (or use more grinders).
1750 pts

What do the experts say? I have no idea actually
Its a strong list, little weak against tanks but then it is daemons so that kinda goes with the territory. The first thing I would point out is that in a 1750 list you have thrown away 100 points right at the start in icons. Thats a huge sacrifice. Personally I would take 1-2 icons as a maximum, but normally dont take any: my thinking is that those 100pts of icons is protecting half the army as it DSs... probably about 750pts by the time you load wave 1 (which most people do). Do you want 650pts in that second wave that can DS safely, or 750pts that take a little risk ...

I would make a few changes:
-combine the bloodletters
-split the horrors into 3 units and give them all bolt (and the changeling to one), remove their icons.
-switch the grinder to a DP (or both DPs to grinders).

Of these I think changing the bloodletters is the only needed change, the rest is just on personal experience and preference.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome