Euphrati

Euphrati's Flag is: USA

Forum name: Euphrati

Name: Laura

Means of communication:
Yahoo- truchaos
MSN- Euphrati
Email- [email protected]

Roleplay experience: LARP (white wolf), Vampire & Werewolf tabletop (white wolf), D&D (I favour the Eberon and Faerun settings), Star Wars, Star Trek, 7th Sea, Trinity, Shadowrun, Arduin, Rifts, Warhammer (fantasy rpg), Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, etc… I’m also a member of a local medieval group ‘Knights of Eastwind’ (I shoot a longbow and favour an axe/shield combo). All in all, 13+ years of role playing in one form or another either as a player or the gm/storyteller.

Theme preferences: I place a heavy emphasis on details and character development/interaction. I prefer a balanced storyline that allows for character growth but I am not bound by ‘theme’ so to say. I have to admit I’m a sucker for the interplay of emotions.

Memorable roleplay from the past: Augusta by Night- somewhere close to 100 active players at its height. The Claw- my first text/forum rp (thank you Darkreever for allowing me the chance to take my first flight into forum-based under your watch).

Favorite roleplaying system: I favour d10/d100 (%) based systems that reward players for thinking outside the box and encourages role playing vs. simply rolling of dice.

Favorite games: Anything complex. I have played Everquest for 11 years.

Favorite roleplaying moment: back in late 2000 I was asked by a friend/gm if I would run an npc for him in a few sessions of his D&D game. The npc turned out to be a young copper dragon that was the companion of a gruff dwarven warrior. Her antics under my care included one instance where she had the bright idea to ‘hide’ the collection of gems the group had found by shoving them into her cheeks like a chipmunk and trying to play off that she didn’t know where they had gotten. It involved a lot of hand/claw gestures and a mouth full of ice on my part (to which I still cannot believe I managed with a entirely straight face), although when the dwarf finally convinced her to ‘drop them’ he ended up with a heap of gems covered in dragon drool begrudgingly spat into his waiting hands. I was quickly asked to join the group as a true player.

There have been countless moments of epic successes (and equally epic failures to which even divine beings would laugh and shrug helplessly in the face of) but that one moment sticks in my mind for the sheer interactive nature and creative humour it instilled in the event.

Favorite quote(s!):
‘Fairytales do not teach children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairytales teach children that dragons can be slain.’

‘They say most of your brain shuts down in cryo-sleep. All but the primitive side, the animal side; no wonder I'm still awake.’

What would you like to see happen/start up here in RPT’s?: I would be thrilled to see a rp that was carried through a series where the characters were able to grow beyond the normal bounds/limits that a one-shot storyline entails.

Do you like the title of this thread? (Yes/No) If no, then what might be a better title? It suits.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome