Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Ulthwe, the adventures continue.....
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-08-08, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
LongBeard

Default Ulthwe, the adventures continue.....

CARNAGE! Nottingham

Ulthwe 1500pts
Autarch: Jetbike, Laser-Lance, Reaper-Launcher, Mandi-Blasters
Farseer: Jetbike, Spear, Fortune, Mind-War, Spirit Stones, Warding
6 x Warlocks: Jetbikes, 6 x Spears, 3 x Destructor, 1 x Embolden,
3 x Guardian Jetbikes: Shuriken Cannon
3 x Guardian Jetbikes: Shuriken Cannon
6 x Harlequins: 6 x Kisses
Falcon: Holofield, Spirit Stones, Vectored Engines, 2 x Shuriken Cannons
Fire Prism: Holofield, Spirit Stones, Shuriken Cannon
Fire Prism: Holofield, Spirit Stones, Shuriken Cannon

Game 1: Recon, Gamma
Space Wolves
Termie Wolf Lord: Frost Blade, Other Toys
Ven Dread: Plasma Cannon
5 x Wolf Guard Termies: Twin Assault Cannons: Lighting Claws
Big Squad Of Blood Claws: Multiple fists, PP's, Rhino
Big Squad Of Grey Hunters: Multiple fists, melta, plasma, Rhino
5 x Wolf Scouts: Power Fist, Melta
Vindicator
Tri-Las Predator

First game and first up my favourite mission, Recon!
Playing against Space Wolves with fairly heavy terrain I was always going to have the edge due to the Ulthwe's superior mobility and range.
Setup saw my opponent quite happilly castle on his left to avoid being picked off which gave me the opportunity to use my range advantage with the Prisms on my far left. The council, jetbikes and Falcon all set up centrally to put early pressure on the armoured block of oncoming wolves.
I manage to win the first turn and rather let the wolves form a smoked wall I chose to go first straight away fortuning and tubo'ing the council towards his castle, while the Falcon and prism's lines up side shots on the prime targets. Shooting saw one of the Rhino's get blown sky high while I manage to blow away a few termies also stopping the Vindicator shooting WIN!
The next turn saw the majority of the Wolves force move at max speed towards the scoring the line, the previously entagled squad try's to hide In the corner behind the blown rhino, a single lascannon shot bounces from the council.
With the council within striking distance they fling their spears against the Vindicator blowing It to kingdom come while the Prisms and Falcon make light work of the Pred and the cowering depleted Hunters. The council jumps back six staying well away from the angry Ven dread!
With all ranged AT out of action the game was virtually over, the Wolf scouts eventually decide to hide on my far left flank and score while the blood Claws hide behind the right flank hill but eventually get caught by a full Harlie taxi charge. The Autarch go's on a heroic one man mission and takes out all of the remaining termies fighting of the Wolf Lord till late game. The council and Harlies eventually help chop down the lord after spearing the big angry dread and taking care of the scoring Blood Claws.
End game and the Wolf scouts cower and score while I score with 90% of my force. Masscare to the Ulthwe!

Strike force In Position.

Armoured Wedge of defiance.

The Ulthwe halts the advance.

Vindie gets speared, Ven Dread not too happy, clever marines hide!

Remaining Wolves play hide and seek!

Peek a BOO!

Blood Claws attempt to board the taxi, little did they know It was already occupied!

Score!

''I Beard therefore I am!''

LongBeard (AKA Bennetio!)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome