Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Commissars = military police?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-18-11, 11:32 AM
dragonkingofthestars

dragonkingofthestars's Flag is: USA

Commissar are Commissar. there not MP.

there base, if i put a guess done, on the fact that the old Sovet unions Red army had Commissars, and they did the whole no retreate, i shoot you as well. Political commissar are associated with the Soviet Union where the Russian Provisional Government of 1917 introduced them to the military forces to ensure the government’s political control. In the event, after the October Revolution, the political commissar remained in the Red Army until 1942.

In the Red Army and the Soviet Army, the political commissar existed only during the 1918–24, 1937–40, and 1941-42 periods; not every Red Army political officer was a commissar. The political commissar held military rank equalling that of the unit commander to whom he was attached; moreover, the commissar also had the military authority to countermand the unit commander’s orders when required. In the Red Army historical periods when political officers were militarily subordinate to unit commanders, the political commissar institution did not exist in the Red Army.

Thank you wikipeida.

in eassence Commissar are Commissar there unique.

note: if you see me giving tactical advice: just assume i have a internet tab open to 1d4 chan and I'm summarizing off of that.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome