Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Eldar at their most frustrating 1500
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-05-08, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Culler

Culler's Flag is: USA

Default Eldar at their most frustrating 1500

Lethal Shadows

HQ

Autarch: 155
- Jetbike, mandiblasters, reaper launcher, laser lance

Uses JSJ to plink away at heavy infantry and light vehicles with the other jetbikes.

ELITES

Harlequins x7: 184
- Shadowseer, 7 kisses

Veil means that the enemy pretty much has to be in my kill zone to shoot them. Adds some solid melee backbone to my army.

TROOPS

Guardian Jetbikes x6: 152
- 2 Shuriken Cannons

Guardian Jetbikes x3: 76
- 1 Shuriken Cannon

These guys use JSJ and turboboosting to stay out of harm and capture objectives

FAST ATTACK

Swooping Hawks x5: 147
- Exarch with Hawk's Talon, Skyleap, and Intercept

Either start in reserves or skyleap on the first turn, then when they deepstrike in they drop bombs at the beginning of the turn and skyleap during movement so that they are never on the board during my foe's turn. While the Autarch lives they come in on round 2 on a 3+, round 3 on a 2+, and round 4 and after automatically. On round 6 they actually stay on the board to shoot up some stuff and capture objectives. As needed they can stick around to assault some vehicles or shoot up some infantry.

HEAVY SUPPORT

Vibrocannon Battery x3: 150

Sit behind cover and shoot without needing LoS

Fire Prism: 170
- Shuriken Cannon, Holo-fields, Spirit Stones

Fire Prism: 170
- Shuriken Cannon, Holo-fields, Spirit Stones

Those damn Eldar skimmers you always hear about. Basically the only units that can be shot at. Need them for killing vehicles and MEQs. I love having 2 since it lets me combine the beams into a str 6 ap 3 large blast for MEQs or a str 10 ap 1 small blast for heavy tanks. The normal shots can handle light infantry and TEQs as well.

Army Total: 1498

The concept of eldar that are almost impossible to shoot has been done before, but unlike previous iterations I think this army actually has a shot at winning rather than pulling a draw. ATM this army is somewhat weak to mechanized armies (especially mechtau or eldar) and heavy infantry armies like SM. It excels against light infantry or horde armies. Basilisks ruin its whole day.

So, thoughts? Improvements that can be made? I have never personally fielded harlies, guardian jetbikes, autarchs, or swooping hawks, so there's a good chance that some points could be shifted in this army to glean a little more edge out. Mainly though, do you think this army could actually win while maintaining its annoyance factor?

Last edited by Culler; 04-18-08 at 01:51 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome