Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Modular Fantasy House on Sketchup
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-01-11, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
dradcliffe09

dradcliffe09's Flag is: USA

Default Modular Fantasy House on Sketchup

I decided to challenge myself and make some models of the maps in WotC's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft. So far, I've done work on Barovia, the small village placed in the valley below Castle Ravenloft. I started making some houses, which began to get real tedious and consumed alot of virtual memory. Answer: Make the houses modular!

These may inspire you to do some houses of your own:

A view of the house on the map with other 'hollowed out' houses to save memory. The backdrop is imported from a wallpaper I found on Google search.

A view of the interior. All of the furniture, save the fireplace, is built from one of the beams I made for the house, stretched, resized and recolored.

A view of the second floor. The mattress, covers, and pillows are made from the same object resized and recolored.

A view of the modular house segments exploded. These parts can be arranged into just about any configuration for two story houses. Also, the segments break into separate floors, so you can essentially make one story houses with the same parts, or add basements, staircases, and balconies with with a relatively small amount of effort and memory.

Making these models was just FUN. Now to populate them with Strahd Zombies and annhilate them!

Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away;
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air.
You better watch out
There may be dogs about
I've looked over Jordan, and I have seen
Things are not what they seem.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome