Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - How should a Loganwing army work?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-04-11, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
The Sullen One

The Sullen One's Flag is: United Kingdom

How should a Loganwing army work?

Playing a Loganwing army yesterday I was struck by two things:

1) Like all termiewing armies it was low on models and therefore vulnerable to one of my favourite tactics, the melee pile-in.

2) It compensated for a certain lack of ability/bad luck on the part of the player using it, enabling him to stay in the game longer than would have been the case with another army(the bad luck may have something to do with the fact that his army may have been more than 150 points short of the 1500 total).

Now looking over my own copy of Codex: Space Wolves, I've noticed you have a choice of armour types with the wolf guard packs, similar to the old Chaos Marine chosen, so I'm wondering what's the best way to play Loganwing:

A) Take as many Terminators with Storm Shields as you can.

Or

B) Take only one Terminator squad in a Land Raider alongside Logan Grimmnar and have the rest of the Wolf Guard packs as power-armoured marines in Rhinos or Razorbacks.

My painting log - Misadventures of a Cack-Handed Painter: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=93419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gochu85
I am enjoying all of your articles. Thank you for your help. I hope I can use your tactics along with what I learn from experience to strike fear of green in to my enemies hearts.

Last edited by The Sullen One; 02-04-11 at 09:21 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome