Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

If Master Chief was in the 40k universe

5K views 46 replies 21 participants last post by  LordOwlingtonIII 
#1 ·
So this was just a thought in my head that came up when I was playing halo reach what would the master Chief be like in the 40k game. He is a special Charcter for the IG
This is what I came up with.
WS:7 BS:10 S:10 T:4 W:6 A:4 LD:10 2+3++
Special Rules: Fearless Relentless Deep Strike Feel no Pain Preferred enemy: Tau, Tyranid Eternal Warrior
Finish the Fight- When the Master Chief dies put the large blast marker on him all units under this marker die and the Master Chief goes back into reserve.
Perfect Aim-The master chief is such a good shot that he can snipe someone several miles away with hip firing. There fore he re-rolls to hit and wound when shooting.
Sheer Audacity- If the master Chief Deep Strikes,and he rolls a scatter all units that he passed over are tank shocked (if the unit fail there leadership test each model passed over takes a str5 hit) and the master chief takes a wound with no saves aloud.
Enormous strength-The Master Chief is so strong he counts as a monstrous creature in CC.
Luck of a thousand men: The master Cheif is so lucky he can roll a die when he drops to zero wounds if he rolls a 4+ he comes back up with one wound.

Wargear: Assault Rifle Assualt 6 str 4 ap4 rending 36"
Pistol str 5 ap1 48"
Sniper Rifle 4 str- ap5 72"
Close Combat Weapon
The Master Chief was shot with a prototype covenant weapon and was sent to a alternate timeline where the universe is much more populated and he isn't the last super solider created. Unknowingly he was enlisted in the Imperial Guard he is quickly moving through the ranks proving himself to be superior to space marines time and time again.The apothecary's of certain chapters wish to find out what makes him stand out even when compared to the space marines only time will tell how this plays out.

See less See more
#3 ·
If Master Chief was in the 40k universe one bolter shell would most likely put him down.

Consider one shot from a sniper rifle in Halo punches through his shields and reduces his health to almost 0. Those guns do not fire .70 caliber mass reactive explosive mini rockets. He'd be screwed 6 ways to Sunday. His armor would be a 4+ at the most, his shield would give him a 5++ (maybe).

Secondly, his wargear would be all wrong as we know his battle rifle does not use ammo anywhere near the caliber of a Bolter round so it can't be Str/AP 4. I would say Str 3 AP -

Third: Str 10? Really? You think Master Chief is stronger then a Carnifex? He's str 4 at the very most.

Fourth: 6 Wounds? Does he even have enough body mass to cover that? Creatures like the Trygon, Trygon Prime, Tervigon, and a Trynnofex have 6 wounds, not some lowly mortal. I'd give him 3 wounds tops, should really only have 2.

Master Chief would get beaten down so badly by a Space Marine/nid, /Deamon/Necron it wouldn't even matter.

Then again, fan-boys will jump on me for saying this with the normal "ZOMG SPARTANS ARE THE BEST!112!!!!221! Master Chief could solo the ENTIRE 40k universe."

#4 ·
Then again, fan-boys will jump on me for saying this with the normal "ZOMG SPARTANS ARE THE BEST!112!!!!221! Master Chief could solo the ENTIRE 40k universe."
No, fans might jump on you for taking a joke WAY to fucking seriously. :laugh: Jesus dude.

#10 ·
First off how am I trolling and I admit I am a bit of a fan boy but not a bias one.second balls to you for calling me a idiot. Has anyone seen a space marine jump out of a orbiting space ship and survive the master chief has that's why I gave him that invulnerable save and I'm a little curious how your going to argue that.

#15 ·
Has anyone seen a space marine jump out of a orbiting space ship and survive the master chief has that's why I gave him that invulnerable save and I'm a little curious how your going to argue that.
It wasn't an orbiting space ship, it was a ship entering earths atmosphere. The Chief actually rides a door from the prophet of truths dreadnought down to the surface of earth, the door takes the majority of the heat and also helps to slow the chief down.

Just because he can jump out of a space ship and survive, doesn't make him the best thing since sliced bread, there is no mention of any possible injuries he may have received during the crash landing and only a slight mention that his over pressured gel-layer would have taken most of the impact of the landing.

His shields are best for dealing with small arms fire and not rockets, sniper rounds, over charged plasma pistols and essentially any weapon that isn't just tossing lots of hot brass.

#11 ·
WS:7 BS:10 S:10 T:4 W:6 A:4 LD:10 2+3++
A spartan is the halo universes form of a space marine; they are genetically modified human soldiers. The key word in that is human, because beyond a few modifications that all a spartan is.

So at best, his overall statline might be comparable to that of a space marine. Obviously for chief two or three wounds and a leadership at ten would be about right.

As Wusword77 pointed out, that armour and invulnerable save is way over the top. A +4 save seems reasonable, +3 might be possible, but +2? Come on, spartans can't take direct hits from tank rounds like marine terminators can.

And in regards to the invulnerable save, remember that the shield used by spartans is not terribly advanced. ++5 or even a ++4 would make sense but nothing beyond that.

Special Rules: Fearless Relentless Deep Strike Feel no Pain Preferred enemy: Tau, Tyranid Eternal Warrior
Why the preferred enemy against Tyranids and Tau? Has he had loads of experience fighting them? (Note that just because he has had experience fighting the flood and the covenant does not give him tons of experience vs. either of those two.)

And then what about feel no pain? He certainly feels it, and it can stop him rather easily to boot. How many times in game have you had to find a health pack, or hide in some corner while your shield recharged?

Finish the Fight- When the Master Chief dies put the large blast marker on him all units under this marker die and the Master Chief goes back into reserve.
Last time I played a halo game, death didn't cause a decent sized explosion that killed anything near my corpse. What suddenly is letting this happen? And you do realize that for the most part, when you respawn, everything that occured from that point to when you died is reset right? Death is death in this case.

Perfect Aim-The master chief is such a good shot that he can snipe someone several miles away with hip firing. There fore he re-rolls to hit and wound when shooting.
But chief doesn't have perfect aim, no better than any augmented commando anyway. Hell, even space marines of the 40k universe aren't perfect shots. Also note, your giving him a reroll to hit is redundant with that unreasonable BS10

Sheer Audacity- If the master Chief Deep Strikes,and he rolls a scatter all units that he passed over are tank shocked (if the unit fail there leadership test each model passed over takes a str5 hit) and the master chief takes a wound with no saves aloud.
Why? And where did that strength 5 bit come from? This makes no sense, please clarify why there is some meteor like rule?

Enormous strength-The Master Chief is so strong he counts as a monstrous creature in CC.
But there has never been anything to back this up so what the hell?

Luck of a thousand men: The master Cheif is so lucky he can roll a die when he drops to zero wounds if he rolls a 4+ he comes back up with one wound.
What? So not only did you give him feel no pain, which makes very little if any sense, and nearly the best armour and invulnerable save and another special rule that brings him back, but now you give him another rule that can bring him back from zero wounds without having to be brought back from the table edge? Come on now.

Wargear: Assault Rifle Assualt 6 str 4 ap4 rending 36"
What? This is a standard issue rifle for regular troopers in the halo universe and its only moderately effective vs normal men in armour. As Wusword said, S3 with ap5 or 6 would be right for this thing, as well as assault 2.

Pistol str 5 ap1 48"
What? How many enemies can you readily one shot with the halo pistol from the other side of the map?

Just to point out, MC would eventually run out of his own ammo and have to use something else.

#12 ·
WOW i think the MC would get PWNED!!!! of course maybe if he got better armor and weapons like power armor and a bolter or something like that then maybe he would do alright. I love halo and WH4K but Master Chief with his armor against a space marine with his armor... I think MC would die pretty quickly...

#20 · (Edited)
WS4 BS5 S4 T3 W3 I4 A2 Ld9 Sv4+/5++

That's what I'd give him, keeping in mind that he is a hero, not a regular Spartan.

Wargear: Assault Rifle, Energy sword, Frag grenades, Plasma grenades.
Special rules: Fleet, ATSKNF (it's pretty appropriate).

Assault Rifle: 18" S3 AP6 Assault 2

Energy sword: Counts as a Power weapon that grants the Furious Charge USR. (lunging)

Plasma Grenade: Can be used both as a shooting attack, and as a grenade in Close Combat against vehicles.
As a shooting attack: 12" S5 AP4 Assault 1 Blast, Rending.
Against vehicles: S5 Rending, Lance. (you get it in the vulnerable spots)
Yes it's sticky, but it's also dangerous to use in close quarters, so you'd be careful using it against a Walker (so no easier to hit with than a normal grenade).

Other weapons from Halo.

Shotgun: 6" S3 AP- Assault 4. (buckshot, not two slugs as 40k Shotguns fire)

Rocket Launcher: 36" S7 AP4 Heavy 1 Blast.

SMG: 12" S3 AP- Pistol 2. (more wieldy in close quarters than an Assault Rifle, yet still a primary weapon for Infantry, not a sidearm)

Pistol: Laspistol.

Spartan Laser: Lascannon.

Sniper Rifle: Sniper Rifle.

Plasma Rifle: Same thing as SMG.

Plasma Pistol: 12" S2 AP- Pistol.
Can alternatively Overcharge, firing as: 12" S3 AP- Pistol Gets Hot, causes a Shaken result against hit vehicles on a 4+, ignores Invulnerable saves.

Needler: 18" S4 AP3 Assault 1.
Alternatively: 18" S2 AP- Assault 3.

#24 ·
I didn't mind Halo3: ODST, for a game originally designed as an expansion it's pretty good. The thing to remember is that is was more of a test bed for aspects of Halo: Reach, E.g. firefight, night vision/VISR, lighting effect etc.

I'm not an expert, but if you start all serious about something then decide to try the line
"I only did this as a joke", doesn't that mean you have conceded the arguement?

#26 ·
howabout this
WS - 1
BS - 1
S - 2
T - 2
A - 1
I - 1
W - 1
Ld - 2
Save - ~

That sounds better to me.
Ya i realy dislike halo becuas eof what it has done to gmaing culture in general. Every 1st or 3rd person shooter is compared to halo now which i hate. So master chief can go rot in hell. (BTW Master chieft is actualy Duke Nukem in discise!)

#29 · (Edited)
Master Chief? You mean a genetically engineered super-soldier in powered armour? I'm sure we have something like that already in the 40k universe, what are they called...SPACE MARINES!

I know, hard to remember right? I mean GW are only in love with them (and why not) and produce a new Space Marine Codex on an almost weekly basis.

I'm afraid you've just been nominated for a muppet award...

Make no mistake, I love HALO but everytime I play it I'm thinking, oooh look what one Space Marine can do.

#30 · (Edited)
Honestly, you can't really base his stats off the game; if you read the Halo books the chief is insane. He basically mows through covies like they aren't even there. I would honestly, now take it with a small pinch of salt since MC and spartans are probably my favorite SciFi .... characters I suppose, anyway, here is how I would write his stats:

WS:4(maybe5) BS:5 S:4 T:4(maybe just 3 though) A:2(maybe3) W:3 I:5(in the books the spartans reaction time is to fast for them to calculate) LD:10 Sv: 4+/4++ (honestly, it wouldn't be anywhere as good a power armor since spartans aren't assault troops)

Special rules:
Fleet(they can do over 30MPH in a full sprint), Fearless, Inspiring Presence, Stubborn.

Inspiring Presence: Basically everyone uses his LD.

I would also figure out some way to work in all the toys he gets from Halo3.

Edit: Really though, this business about comparing a Spartan to a SM is silly. Its comparing apples to oranges; Spartans aren't assault troops, they are covert ops troops. A Spartan would never get into HTH with a SM because, even though a Spartan might have comparable strength and, big maybe here, toughness to a marine, he doesn't have the same training and he doesn't have the same equipment that a marine has access to.

#32 ·
Spartans are more of a Scalpel force, small, agile, fast and stealthy. Designed for putting down a rebellion and hunting a guerilla force.

Where as space marines come across more like a broadsword, big, heavy armoured, hard hitting and designed for conquest/ war.

Both are super soldiers but both have different roles to fill. They would work pretty well together if given the chance.

something more like this seems right,
BS-5 WS-5 S-5 T-4 W-2 I-5 A-2 LD-10 SV-3+/3++

#38 ·
I would rather take a Spartan with those stats then a Marine. I would go more with something like this for a stat line:

BS-4 WS-4 S-4 T-3 -W-2 I-4 A-2 LD-8 Sv-4+/6++ tops.

A Spartan would be better then a Storm Trooper (which would be the equal of an ODST Trooper) but not the equal of a Marine.

in the modern world of awful shitty games like medal of honors 2 hour single player and shite multiplayer, 4 hours of single player and 4 extra maps to a working multiplayer is 2 full games worth of content, you should consider yourself blessed.
If you consider 4 hour single player with 4 maps for multiplayer, for a different game no less, a blessing I have a bridge to sell you.

I would also play some of BorderLands. $10 DLC that added anywhere from 4-20 hours of gameplay per DLC. There were 4 of them. Maybe they should have sold them as $60 games as well.

#35 ·
Same kinda role as a scout, just better at doing it. 4+ save probably is a better shout than what i gave him of a 3+.

#37 ·
Agree with Stella. The reason everyone compared modern FPS to Halo is the fact that the first Halo broke WASD single weapon fire mold of FPS of yesteryear. One day it will be toppled by a newer innovative system and we will start comparing games to that.

Kinda like how a lot of folks compare every model game to WH40K.

#42 ·
I read the stats and immediately thought "End of 40K?"

#43 · (Edited)
if master chief was in 40k shouldn't he have a special rule like
"why do the bastard NPC marines keep doing better than me"
with any force that contains the chief and marines (not space marines) the marines automatically gain +3 to hit and wound/penetrate, while the chief suffers and equal minus

thats based on the fact that once you give a marine a sniper rifle or missile launcher or whatever, even a frelling pistol even if your driving at warp speed they STILL manage to never miss a target, or while your in a major firefight about to kill the last enemy a marine will almost always get the last shot, leaving you standing there over a dead body you failed to kill like a sponge

#44 ·
Brings back fond memories of Tsavo highway, a troop carrying warthog and a couple marines carrying all kinds of hurt....... Good times.

#45 ·
man with the original stats master cheif would cost like 800 points and be able to beat the $%^& out of the emperor XDXDXDXDXDXD

#46 ·
mayby mayby but then the emperor would look at him and burn out his soul with his wicked pyshic powers no spartan armour can stop that....

Praise the Emperor!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.