Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Furioso dreadnought sprues *warning pic heavy*

4K views 45 replies 22 participants last post by  TheKingElessar 
#1 · (Edited)

See less See more
#39 ·
It wouldn't be "forcing" it's use, it'd just be presenting more options for customising your army.

Eldrad: BS4/WS4 Guardians
Spiritseer Farseers: Wraithguard troops regardless of size
Some ranger special character: Changes to pathfinder/ranger squads
Wild Rider character: Vypers as troops, changes to jetbikes
Court of the Young King/Autarch: Aspects as Troops.

If you want to run Eldrad but have no guardians, you can. If you want a Spiritseer for your one squad of 6 Wraithguard, you can. Anything to move away from Jetseer and Mechdar being the only ways to play the army.

In a similar vein, lots of people take Baron from the DE codex. That doen't mean that the only troops they take are Hellions. :)

#40 ·
Not exactly what i was getting at but i understand the point, personally i like the eldar as they are but could get behind changes that allowed a craftworld feel if thats what a player wanted to do using the character unlocks this unit as troop choice for example.
But what im really trying to get at is that i would like to see a craftworld specific unit so to speak or more usefull would be parts to make my tanks,bikes and troops belong to a craftworld, eldar isnt really a good example as we are lead to believe that what we see in terms of models is just the tip of the iceberg and other aspect shrines exist of existed and that the range of hardware and tech available is vast and we only see the most common.
But another example would be Orks, would you be willing to buy an Evil suns upgrade sprue? decals are one thing but they dont come close to sculpted detail.

But my dream and hopefuly the alleged dreadful chaos codex will give birth to my idea at some point is that we see legion specific codex or at least chaos power specific codex, with unique and expanded units /hardware in the same vain as the Furioso and baal, So as an example a Khorne book with various assult troops and new weapon types created either pre or post heresy but not available outside of the power but more importantly a range of models to go with it, im a massive fan of the world eater stuff produced by forgeworld because they are not just a shoulder pad or a helmet, its a combined effort of all the pieces that sets the models apart from other chaos troops, i know thats obvious but the corruption and change caused by chaos is very evident in the model and i think that is important, a chaos marine model at the moment has less differences to a standard vanila marine than some of the loyalist chapter marines

#41 ·
But another example would be Orks, would you be willing to buy an Evil suns upgrade sprue? decals are one thing but they dont come close to sculpted detail.
If I could buy an Ulthwé upgrade sprue including some/all of the following, I would be on it in seconds, regardless of any cost.

- Eye of Isha sculpted on Heads, Weapons, Armour, whatever
- Eye of Isha on Jetbike canopies
- Eye of Isha on Falcon hatch, or raised symbols in the manner of Dark Angels/Blood Angels/Templar that lie flat on the vehicle hull
- Eye of Isha on Wraithlord Heads

Same goes for Iyanden, Alaitoc, Biel Tan and Saim-Hann.

#43 ·
Yeah chaos stuff would be pretty cool. The force weapon arm looks crap it must have been a conversion I saw that had the force weapon in a venerable dread naught fist/hand. It looks pretty sweet though and could lead to some nice conversions.....
FOR CHAOS!!!

#46 ·
I have to say, I would purchase a LOT of Ulthwe 3d decals. Evil Sunz too. I would actually strip the paint off some of my old Orks (should do that anyway, most look like shit tbh) and start gluing on iconography left right and centre!

I do enjoy freehanding Eldar runes though...but I would still have that I suppose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.