Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums - View Single Post - Ultramarines 3:d company
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-06-11, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Meldon

Meldon's Flag is: Sweden

Default Ultramarines 3:d company

Hiya, this will be my first attempt for a plog. In this first post I thought I should showcase what I got so far as I have been building on this force for about 2 years now. (Im a slow painter ) If the uppdates get a bit thin that will probably just mean I got tired of painting blue, but I always come back to the guys in blue in some way

I have been playing and collecting in this hobby for some 10 years now and I have finally managed to stick to and army and paint up a playable force with it to. When I started this force I decided not to rush anything and let it take the time it takes. Im gonna follow Codex Astartes as much as I can to. So all the squads have the right markings and stuff. And if I can buy and include FW stuff I buy it Someday in the future a thunderhawk will be added!

A pic of the force as it stands right now.

I thought I would show you all the infantry in this uppdate. allthough I havent got the hang of taking a good pic of them yet. Will have to work on that I think. Well, on to the tacticals and the assault squads.

This was my first ever tac squad. I think it came out quite well. The reason they shine a bit is becouse they have been varnished with a gloss varnish. Not many in the force are coated in it becouse I move on to a matt varnish soon after.

Tac squad nr 2.

Assault squad. This one took forever to asemble and paint. I got really really bored of painting blue when doing these guys so I just had to do something else. I ended up buying a box of beastmen as the new rulebook for warhammer was realesed at the time Anyway, after a few weeks of pinting brown I got back to these guys and finished them.

Sqout squad. These guys where the first to be painted for the force. I hate doing eyes. They always end up looking completly retarded so thats why only the sarge have pupils

On to the elites then.

My sternguard where also one of the first units to be painted. As I hate to use metal models they dont see to much action though

Assault terminators. I really like how these guys turned out

My first version of Captain Mikael Fabian. I dont really like this one. His head dident come out very well... I also tried to make a red sword with red lightning, but there is not enough contrast between the sword and the lightning so you only see it if you look very closely.

Version 2.0 Much beter this time around. And I think I pulled of the lightning in a much better way. This pic dont do it justice though

Well. this turned out to be a monster post. Dont expect to se many more of these

C&C are very welcome

Last edited by Meldon; 01-06-11 at 04:34 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome